PDA

View Full Version : #vault

cj hood
03-25-2015, 02:47 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/03/ad-rock-confirms-beastie-boys-are-done-but-still-have-lots-of-unreleased-music-in-the-vault/

Uru-Nitro
03-25-2015, 04:32 PM
very interesting interview (y)

WesleyOHSnaps!
03-25-2015, 05:19 PM
So much press right now. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/25/ad-rock-on-the-end-of-the-beastie-boys-iggy-azalea-and-his-new-acting-career.html

Michelle*s_Farm
03-26-2015, 05:21 AM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/03/ad-rock-confirms-beastie-boys-are-done-but-still-have-lots-of-unreleased-music-in-the-vault/

Very interesting week. In one week we have verified Ad-Rock has a child, that there is a vault, the Beastie Boys are definitely no more, and that Ad-Rock hopes to rap again at some point in the future. Not bad for closure and hope for more music in various forms. Of course we also have a sandwich recipe and delayed memoir. Not sure what interests me more between the latter two as rock autobiographies seem a bit boring to me. I picked up the Viv Albertine one and it is still collecting dust on my shelf.

pshabi
03-26-2015, 06:04 AM
Very interesting week. In one week we have verified Ad-Rock has a child, that there is a vault, the Beastie Boys are definitely no more, and that Ad-Rock hopes to rap again at some point in the future. Not bad for closure and hope for more music in various forms. Of course we also have a sandwich recipe and delayed memoir. Not sure what interests me more between the latter two as rock autobiographies seem a bit boring to me. I picked up the Viv Albertine one and it is still collecting dust on my shelf.

If it contains a bunch of shit like the Axl Rose story it's gonna be amazing haha.

pshabi
03-26-2015, 06:15 AM
So much press right now. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/25/ad-rock-on-the-end-of-the-beastie-boys-iggy-azalea-and-his-new-acting-career.html

That was really good.

Michelle*s_Farm
03-26-2015, 07:09 AM
If it contains a bunch of shit like the Axl Rose story it's gonna be amazing haha.

That is an interesting story about Axl Rose. Rose was always such an idiot with cancelling gigs, becoming a strange recluse and looked like a tosser even at his peak of popularty. I suppose like most people I liked some tracks off of Appetite for Destruction, but I was a bigger admirer of Jane's Addiction and ultimately Nirvana.

Bernard Goetz
03-26-2015, 08:48 AM
A little deflating to read that the vault is mostly them jamming, but then again there is probably a good chance he doesn't remember a bunch of hip hop shit that's buried in there.

b-grrrlie
03-26-2015, 03:29 PM
.... Not sure what interests me more between the latter two as rock autobiographies seem a bit boring to me. I picked up the Viv Albertine one and it is still collecting dust on my shelf.

As a huge fan of the Slits (and biografies) I read the book in a couple of days (well, I was sick and I usually do a lot of reading when I'm ill). Great stories!

Extra Cheese
03-26-2015, 06:06 PM
I've really been playing psychologist with these recent interviews but,,,,,,

I think he might have a little, little, little bit of regret of not making, or rather not putting out more music as the beastie boys. Like when they were the shit he was thinking this is dope we can make music whenever we want let's chill for now cuz we can do this whenever we want. And then life happens and the option of making music the way your most used to (3 mcs and 1 dj) is no longer a possibility.

Extra Cheese
03-26-2015, 10:04 PM
One last thing,,, Adam eats disgusting ass shit. The sandwich is cool, but he says velvetta is his fav mac and cheese, he eats pizza all the time, he had that nasty pb and j sandwich he made on top chef or whatever realty food show that was, that twitter pic where he got one those nasty Dunkin donuts sandwiches, he probably still eats KFC. Adam for goodness sake man!!!!

Michelle*s_Farm
03-27-2015, 04:04 AM
As a huge fan of the Slits (and biografies) I read the book in a couple of days (well, I was sick and I usually do a lot of reading when I'm ill). Great stories!

Cool. I better read it for sure. Good to hear it only takes a few days.

Jiberish
03-27-2015, 06:35 AM
One last thing,,, Adam eats disgusting ass shit. The sandwich is cool, but he says velvetta is his fav mac and cheese, he eats pizza all the time, he had that nasty pb and j sandwich he made on top chef or whatever realty food show that was, that twitter pic where he got one those nasty Dunkin donuts sandwiches, he probably still eats KFC. Adam for goodness sake man!!!!

hahaha. Yeah, but I think that is one of the reasons the chemistry between the 3 woked so well. They are 100% totally different people, who enjoy spending time together. (or maybe Adam and Mike just never talked about the "gross" food they enjoyed.)

acamus
03-27-2015, 07:28 AM

That's one of the things I've always liked most about him. He eats real-people grub, not 'morally-superior' food.

gumkojima
03-30-2015, 07:01 AM
That's one of the things I've always liked most about him. He eats real-people grub, not 'morally-superior' food.

I agree.

alcamus
03-30-2015, 07:05 AM
I agree.

I second that.

Kid Presentable
03-30-2015, 08:19 AM
Lol

Bernard Goetz
03-30-2015, 02:16 PM

You mean you've never ordered in vegetarian shark's fin?

M|X|Y
03-30-2015, 03:00 PM
i have(y)