PDA

View Full Version : Map of all the major tours

brooklyndust
10-29-2022, 04:33 PM
Map of all the major tours (https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Beastie-Boys-Tours/MBAtIBLfrj)

A couple of notes:

- You can filter through the tour dates by either selecting the filter box or the eye next to the folder/group.
- If you use the filter option and have the heat map feature turned on, you can then see a heat map for all of the shows they have done or use the filters to have the heat map represent only certain tours.
- Some tours visit the same place, so the markers might be stacked on top of each other, so if you are looking for a specific number it might be hidden underneath.
- Open or collapse the folders to see all the markers within that tour folder/group.
- These are the main big tours they have done. This does not include festivals, tv appearances, secret shows, cancelled gigs, etc.
- Was not too sure what to do for The Gala/Mix Up Tour so I basically mapped out all the shows they did for '07.
- I still need to clean up some of the data on this map so it might not be 100% accurate. Check back as I will tweak and stylize it when I get a chance.

These maps do not take too long to make and are created by using a csv spreadsheet with data I copied from Beastiemania.com
If the spreadsheets are in the proper format and cleaned up, I can make a more comprehensive map like the map I made for the TT5B Promo Tour. (https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/TT5B-Promo-Tour-2004/36KW3ZhXhX23)

J DEVIOUS
11-03-2022, 01:08 PM
this is awesome!

facedownfall
11-11-2022, 03:34 PM
This is awesome! I’m actually working on a Beastie Boys Story Map for final project in my graduate level Geographic Information Systems class. Love it!

brooklyndust
11-17-2022, 12:13 PM
This is awesome! I’m actually working on a Beastie Boys Story Map for final project in my graduate level Geographic Information Systems class. Love it!

Awesome! For the past two years, one of my jobs has been working for a GIS company. I am using the tour data to test out some of the new features of our software.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm copying the data from www.Beastiemania.com, pasting it into a spreadsheet and then importing it into the software (geocoding as you mentioned in the other thread).

I have a map of all their shows almost ready, just waiting till we make some improvements on our filters before I share it with everyone.

I also made a story map based on the map in the Beastie Boys Book.

DM if you ever want to collaborate. Or if anyone is good with spreadsheets or organizing data reach out.

J DEVIOUS
04-12-2023, 01:19 PM
Awesome! For the past two years, one of my jobs has been working for a GIS company. I am using the tour data to test out some of the new features of our software.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm copying the data from www.Beastiemania.com, pasting it into a spreadsheet and then importing it into the software (geocoding as you mentioned in the other thread).

I have a map of all their shows almost ready, just waiting till we make some improvements on our filters before I share it with everyone.

I also made a story map based on the map in the Beastie Boys Book.

DM if you ever want to collaborate. Or if anyone is good with spreadsheets or organizing data reach out.

I'm pretty nifty with spreadsheets. I'm currently working on my own Google Map with a bunch of landmarks etc

tjpop
09-12-2023, 04:35 PM
Wait, they never went to South America? I could have sworn they went to that area of the world at one point, no?

brooklyndust
09-13-2023, 08:54 AM
Wait, they never went to South America? I could have sworn they went to that area of the world at one point, no?

They did, but I don't think as part of a major tour. I think the major tours would usually be in North America, Europe and Australia.
They did other countries as part of a festival or a one-off event shows.

They didn't go to South America until 1995. They did Argentina, Brazil and Chile.

You can see a map of all the shows here:
https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/All-Beastie-Boys-Shows-/AllBBShows

You can use the filters to filter by year, country, state, city, venue and show type.

This could be wrong as it is only based on the information I got from beastiemania a few months ago.

I know they continue to add shows and gigs.