PDA

View Full Version : Internet Archive

dust monkey
12-30-2022, 12:35 PM
stumbled onto this looking for a scanned copy of the '95 tour zine with billy joel on the cover, lots in here though. (https://archive.org/search.php?query=beastie%20boys)

how is LTI aging for everyone? i spun it again last night, and that record is only getting better and better as each year passes. i've always loved it but it's legit just getting stronger and stronger the older i get. even FFYR and girls, if listened from a certain perspective.

dave790
01-04-2023, 09:54 PM
It’s a bona fide classic. They undoubtedly became more interesting and I’d wager IC as their peak album, but LTI is both a time capsule yet timeless. It also starts incredibly strong but somehow gets stronger. I love how crisp it still sounds and the fact they are all so care free and savage on the mic. Along with TT5B it’s also unique in that the vocals are very much front and centre, not withstanding the colossal old school beats and cuts on every track. Weirdly the only song that sounds slightly out of place for me is Slow and Low. It’s still a classic, but I’ve always thought it sounds like an earlier cut wedged in at the end (vocals are rawer, production always sounds slightly off in places). Plus it’s basically just a cover. But I’m nit picking.