PDA

View Full Version : The End of Things…

WesleyOHSnaps!
02-18-2023, 01:52 AM
Not to sound morbid or depressing but this Blog page has five “new” topics and no one is posting anymore. I know it’s not like we have anything new to discuss but I’ve always felt this blog would be here.

I remember joining after Ill Comm. cams out. We just got a computer and it had AOL ‘93 or some shit, according to this new chat room. The next Beastie album was being recorded on a submarine… I’m going to end there and get some sleep but add on if you like.

ClarenceAlabama
02-18-2023, 03:12 PM
A lot of fans are posting on Reddit and Facebook now... I still come back here to see what the OG's are saying and if Hood drops any hints about what's coming up (if anything).

I heard that new people can't register here anymore to post. I don't know if that was a rumor or if it's true.

tuc70021
02-18-2023, 10:56 PM
I heard that new people can't register here anymore to post. I don't know if that was a rumor or if it's true.

Pretty sure that's true - I've seen a couple people complain about it on Reddit. Not sure why it's the case though.

As for the original post, I feel ya. Honestly I'd post more about weird, nerdy shit, but I feel like no one really wants to get into that stuff much anymore, so I don't... which I guess means I'm part of the problem too. Maybe I should post something nerdy.

WesleyOHSnaps!
02-19-2023, 03:41 PM

WesleyOHSnaps!
02-19-2023, 03:41 PM
Oh at least something is still going. I don’t have Facebook but I do check out Reddit now and then. What should I follow? Post nerdy stuff all day.

Sir SkratchaLot
02-20-2023, 11:24 AM
For the last few months the site has been loading slow for me. It may take 15-30 seconds. Takes me back to the old days.

Laver1969
02-20-2023, 03:56 PM
What’s Reddit?

dust monkey
02-20-2023, 06:18 PM
Honestly I'd post more about weird, nerdy shit, but I feel like no one really wants to get into that stuff much anymore....

let's goooooo.

i watched the new ant-man thursday night....it was good, critics are wack on this one. i watched woman king saturday night and really enjoyed it. took my daughter and her BF to titanic 25th annv. yesterday which never misses, then wrapped things up with the last of us last night. still managed to get a pretty solid bike ride in yesterday and a good work out saturday. i got a new phone and have been taking pictures of my intergalactic action figures. i picked up nas' illmatic at the kennedy center vinyl. nas live, especially on this recording is fire. somehow nas, an orchestra and illmatic make all the sense in the world. i'm supposed to go skiing this week....not sure what day yet. i don't have a lot of weird stuff to talk about. what you got going on that's weird....?

tuc70021
02-20-2023, 08:08 PM
Post nerdy stuff all day.

Well if I must...

Post incoming.

Brother McDuff
02-21-2023, 06:53 AM
some dumb cop gave me 2 tickets already

cj hood
02-21-2023, 07:36 AM
A lot of fans are posting on Reddit and Facebook now... I still come back here to see what the OG's are saying and if Hood drops any hints about what's coming up (if anything).

NY NY is a hell of a town…this year at least.

WesleyOHSnaps!
02-21-2023, 10:09 AM

Oh here we go

brooklyndust
02-21-2023, 05:57 PM
For the last few months the site has been loading slow for me. It may take 15-30 seconds. Takes me back to the old days.

Same, feels like dial-up in college.

ClarenceAlabama
02-22-2023, 08:52 AM

Even though some of the clues are vague, I still love it! :D

dust monkey
02-23-2023, 11:23 AM
i can't imagine they are NOT part of a few NYC hip hop 50th events in '23.

not performing ala the grammys, but can't imagine they don't pop up hear and there....lord knows they absolutely should.

fonky pizza
02-24-2023, 09:51 AM
Yep me too. But it doesn’t especially take me back to the old days unforntunately since the end of things started in feb 2022…

Micodin
02-24-2023, 02:52 PM

same here. i’ve been checking in a lot less since it started. i don’t have facebook nor use reddit so i rely on this message board for news and shit.

fonky pizza
02-24-2023, 05:47 PM
I wonder if it is to deter people from loggin in :confused: