PDA

View Full Version : Paul's Boutique Demo heads: In honor of Beastie Boys Square...

paulb
09-08-2023, 09:17 PM
Check out Beastie Boys Collection on youtube:

Here are the isolated vocal stems from the Paul's Boutique demos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HShghWnU-2o

Its cool to hear them so clearly, you could put your own beats behind them and create your own masterpiece.

tuc70021
09-08-2023, 09:31 PM
Beastie Boys Collection doesn't miss.

But now a question for the more technically advanced people out there. These vocals were created by taking the mixed-down demos and using wizardry to strip out (most of) the instrumentation, right?

If so, this would be in contract to the PB instrumentals that have been going around for a while...right? I think the story was someone found an unlabeled tape in a box and it happened to be a rough mix of the PB instrumentals that someone from the studio must have just tossed out.

So there are 1.) the mixed demos, 2.) the vocals that were kind of pulled from these mixed demos, and 3.) actual instrumental tracks from a demo tape.

That all sound right?

bigfatlove06
09-08-2023, 09:47 PM
Best source I know of is the Paul's Boutique Demos Japan CD. Whatever any other story is doesn't matter much to me, unless whoever sourced it can provide it. If I can't hear it, it doesn't do much good to speculate on the lineage of the never before heard (and never to be heard) recording.