PDA

View Full Version : The Knife..

Tompz
01-04-2004, 10:38 AM
is the coolest part about cooking. You cant do serious damage with a spoon.

best in kitchen:

1) knife
2) toaster
3) any george-foreman endorsed cooking products

RUBen1off
01-07-2004, 03:19 PM
the george foreman grills suck. The only thing they are good for are grilled cheese sammiches. They not only suck out all the fat...they suck out all the flavour too.

p.s. I own one, and bought one for my mom (i was a sucker)

Tompz
01-09-2004, 11:15 AM
yeah..a sucker that dont know how to use the foreman-grill properly is what you are

would you say it sucked face to face with Foreman?

thats what i thought you scumbag

little j
01-09-2004, 11:35 AM
i have two george forman grills,
an outside barbeque thing and the one i use in teh kitchen.
they are AWESOME..
you obviously dont know how to make a flavorful steak (maybe you cook them too long?) the grill cooks a good ribeye a good chicken breast (although i prefer to cook my chicken in wine and on teh stove.)

yum.

and i have set of GINSU knives i got for christmas last year, they are quite sharp, but they are a little flimsy.

nobbus
01-12-2004, 10:50 PM
knives are handy.

I was cutting a pizza this morning and I ran the pizza cutter right across my hand. luckily it wasnt sharp at all.

I think I'll stick with the practice knives for a little longer.

Tompz
01-15-2004, 09:42 AM
my knife is big and from the 80s, when i sharpen it i swear it could cut through the golden gate bridge- thats how great it is

Beasters
01-18-2004, 12:08 AM
the other day at school we were making some kind of sausage and i stabbed my hend and blood got everywhere and it got in the sausage and i didnt tell anyone, good thing i dont eat sausage, by the way i go to coulinary school, that explains the sausage

Uru-Nitro
01-18-2004, 10:17 AM
the blood has a lot of vitamins

Tompz
01-18-2004, 03:42 PM
yeah..and HIV virus and stuff

mp-seventythree
02-15-2004, 11:50 AM
I still have my knife set from college, you can't beat a Sabatier.

insertnamehere
02-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Beasters
the other day at school we were making some kind of sausage and i stabbed my hend and blood got everywhere and it got in the sausage and i didnt tell anyone, good thing i dont eat sausage, by the way i go to coulinary school, that explains the sausage

yeah, that's why i dont eat sausage. there's no telling whats in it.

oh and also, thats disgusting. why didnt you say something? when you get a real job at a restraunt, let me know where it is, so i can NEVER GO THERE

Beth
02-15-2004, 11:05 PM
My dad had to have this $80 knife because Emeril uses it. Then my dad dropped it and almost severed his big toe off. I bet he could have cut off his toe just as well with a $40 knife.

~Beth

heysuess
02-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Tompz
yeah..and HIV virus and stuff

To bad HIV doesn't live outside the body but for like 15 seconds or something like that.

Not that that is a bad thing. I just thought it sounded smartass like that.

HEIRESS
02-18-2004, 02:46 AM
SPOOOOON GUARDDDDDDDDD

Tompz
02-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by heysuess
To bad HIV doesn't live outside the body but for like 15 seconds or something like that.

Not that that is a bad thing. I just thought it sounded smartass like that.

not mutated super hiv-virus that comes from homos working on powerplants

Kuzu
02-21-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm going to buy a ceramic knife. those things are sharper than steel and stay sharp for a long time. they're kind of expensive, but I'm getting tired of using dull knives

Tompz
02-23-2004, 02:19 PM
GREAT NEWS! I got a brand new set of professional-knives for my birthday! Oh Boy! I can't wait to prepare awsome meals with them. It will be cool.

It was 6 blades all bred for one single purpose....

.....to destroy the world of men..

Gareth
02-26-2004, 03:47 AM
knives on stoves.

djorko
03-04-2004, 08:55 PM
I have shattered two of those stupid fucking ceramic knives, yeah they are sharp, but that dosent do ya much good when they are in a million little pieces on the floor. I went back to my old stand by set and man alls that I have to say about them is fuck they are tuff. And I take pride in sharpening them my self. I would tell you what brand they are but I cant read japanesse symbols, haha.

PS. George Forman Grills suck dirty ass holes, nothing and I mean nothing beats a high BTU Natural gas charbroiler when it comes to steaks. And I would know, I have been cooking steaks in resturaunts for a good 5 years now.

PPS. The G.F.G. does make a bomb ass grilled cheese;)

Tompz
03-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Tompz
GREAT NEWS! I got a brand new set of professional-knives for my birthday! Oh Boy! I can't wait to prepare awsome meals with them. It will be cool.

It was 6 blades all bred for one single purpose....

.....to destroy the world of men..

oh the irony..

check this out (http://www.beastieboys.com/msgboards/showthread.php?s=&postid=207869#post207869)

Tompz
03-25-2004, 11:26 AM
I know, they're perfect for slicing pizza..

Kuzu
04-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by djorko
I have shattered two of those stupid fucking ceramic knives, yeah they are sharp, but that dosent do ya much good when they are in a million little pieces on the floor. I went back to my old stand by set and man alls that I have to say about them is fuck they are tuff. And I take pride in sharpening them my self. I would tell you what brand they are but I cant read japanesse symbols, haha.
I've changed my mind about the ceramic knives. I've read too many stories about people dropping them and having them smash. I'm going to get a set of Global knives instead

lisa1027
04-07-2004, 10:23 AM
I bought a Ginsu 11 yrs ago and I can't use any other knife to chop with.
And my electric wok, mr lisa bought me it for x-mas, i love it
my outdoor bbq, i'm one of those freaks that'll bbq in the middle of January.

mp-seventythree
04-07-2004, 01:48 PM
We had a barbie in the middle of January, it was fucking great. We cooked outside but ate indoors, it was too cold for sitting out. Food cooked outside always tastes better:)