PDA

View Full Version : Kerry can do it

catatonic
03-21-2004, 02:17 AM
Kerry can do it . A lot of campaigners might leave their impression at that, which can be smart considering that people disagree so much on the issues. If you allow me, I'll go it alone here and deal with issues. I'm just a graduate student, but seriously, if we base elections on being less and less informed, America will not be free. There's more and more information at johnkerry.com these days.

Anyone want to read this or just start up your own post like you started this thread?

I'm just going straight from johnkerry.com and many things I have checked up.

John Kerry didn't have a Republican contender in 2002. He's formidable. How about trustworthy?

I've listened to the pundits flinging mud and often blood and by and large I have found Kerry to not be despicable. I have found Bush to be despicable when I look at Bush's words and his actions. www.misleader.org has helped me materialize my feelings that he just isn't honest and sometimes doesn't even offer the right things anyway.

What promises can't Kerry Keep? You guys can chime in too; the biggest three I dread are on World Trade, Education, Toxic Waste, the Debt, and Urban Development after that whole racial identity crisis hypestyle brought up. (yeah it's like 6). On World Trade, I'm partly pacified because I went to the WTO web site and it indicated that they largely listen and follow Americas input. True? Could be. America has the earliest Constitution and still has religion with it's religious freedom. It's got charitable people. I think countries will still listen maybe up to the WTO; they'll like Kerry's academic prestige.

Education is real crucial to the future, whether we go to war for 15 years or not. "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free...". Thomas Jefferson concluded that statement well. I've heard unanimously hard frustration from No Child Left Behind from teachers, and there's www.firepaige.com, but I'll focus on Kerry. I like the National Service idea - even if it does derive from Skull & Bones. Learning to assist the community is a healthy part of a balanced education. He promises no questions asked mandatory school funding ... what's sad is that the schools themselves can abuse it. I will take an active part in my community to protest anything I see going on about this. If the funding gets to the students it will largely help. He says he'll fix the one-size-fits-all testing in No Child Left Behind that teachers tell me they don't like.

Toxic Waste - he said he'll help the Yucca Mountain citizens who don't want Toxic Waste there. What's he going to do with it? I have no idea but if he puts it where it can be dug up in 100 years and it's deep enough to cause no effects but not so deep we'll be sick of having to dig it back up I'm not worried.

The National Debt - this is the biggest thing I doubt him on - that he can pay it down - I smile nervously and say that if people learn to think in terms of the things they are doing and not the money they are using money is the least problem. If the US Dollar plunges because we took too much, we deserve it and we can survive internally. That would bite but it's fair. That John Titor guy said we have too much excess. I wish taxpayers weren't so greedy... he's offering a tax cut for the middle class! sad, if it's not much and the middle class can cope better, well I don't know. Some middle class people who work a job they consider morally wrong to feed their children who are somewhat bound to the same which sadden me. It saddens me how bound people can make themselves to having no opportunity to support positive development, like people who burn up credit card debt and buy these houses they can't afford.

Urban Development: anyone here who understands this better than me maybe can tell me what they think about http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/urban/ .

Will he do enough for the environment? The environment is a big problem. People need to band together about it I think.

catatonic
03-21-2004, 02:18 AM
I'm just trying to give a semi-critical analysis with some imprecise speech. I see many positive things about John Kerry.

Raising the minimum wage in America and other things so we don't oppress workers. I don't know what the proper action for other countries is but I think John Kerry can set a better example to the United Nations.

Staying out of other countries affairs more when we can afford to, but not supporting oppression and pollution when we can reasonably do so.

He's straight up with a big agenda instead of Bush tossing things out on his website in long speeches full of rhetoric and then removing them!

He's straight up about some risky health care and military plans (saying if what's happened has failed, why shouldn't we do something new?).

"We will also shine the light on the secret deals in Washington by requiring every meeting with a lobbyist or any special interest deal inserted into a bill by a lobbyist be made public." - that's a plus!

I don't know how he'll help the economy although I'm certainly inclined to say it'll grow... I'm more concerned about caring for people and promoting sustainability and education of environmental problems... I'm satisfied it can be done with him as President.

Blighty raised concern on him supporting a military complex... well great considering how unfairly popular Bush has made it. I say great because I have read that a while ago he used to be against big military spending... he may have just done it to get elected. It's intense having what it takes to be the one president of America. I feel Kerry is good, wise, and honest, at least for now.

catatonic
03-21-2004, 02:35 AM
And if anyone wants military action, I don't understand at all why people love Bush so much more than Kerry over this or terrorism. It makes no sense to me.

People were hurt by terrorism, and Bush was in charge of dealing with it, so somehow they love Bush over Kerry? What would Kerry have done? You have to ask that first, and Ann Coulter saying we'd have planes flying into buildings everywhere is despicable and false. Terrorists do not think as irrationally as the people they terrorize... that's what terror means. What about all the very many things Bush shouldn't have done in the war against terrorism? Do I need to name them?

The Notorious LOL
03-21-2004, 02:53 AM
John Kerry is acceptable at best. If voting is strongly in his favor in early November, I'll vote for Nader...if its close, I'll swallow my pride and vote for him.

catatonic
03-21-2004, 04:29 AM
i appreciate your honesty. it'll take more than the president for the usa to be acceptable in 2004-2008... that i'm accepting.

With strong citizen ability and effectiveness, moral excellence, and not fighting ourselves, things in some ways Republicans are strong in demonstrating, I'm saying Kerry can do it. That's not just getting us through 4 years, but providing for us to keep going without accumulating a mess.

drobertson420
09-30-2004, 07:32 AM
i appreciate your honesty. it'll take more than the president for the usa to be acceptable in 2004-2008... that i'm accepting.

With strong citizen ability and effectiveness, moral excellence, and not fighting ourselves, things in some ways Republicans are strong in demonstrating, I'm saying Kerry can do it. That's not just getting us through 4 years, but providing for us to keep going without accumulating a mess.

Being Just acceptable isn't gonna cut it....
If Kerry has all these great ideas and plans, where's he been for the last 20+ years in the Senate?
Windsurfing?
Playing Touch Football?
Tanning Salon? (lol)
:confused:

infidel
09-30-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm deeply considering heeding the advice of a political commentator I heard last night, if you support Kerry vote bush, if you support bush vote Kerry.
Bush has fucked things up so bad that it doesn't matter who is in charge, they will have a tough unpopular time that you wouldn't wish on anyone. If Kerry is elected he will probably only get one term because of this and then we'll be back to the same old republican bs again. If bush is reelected he will screw things up so much further that it could be decades before the Republicans are back in office. Vote with a plan for the long term, not just the next four years
Could be a third party will have a real good chance in '08 since it will probably be Jeb Bush vs. Hillary.

infidel
09-30-2004, 09:13 AM
If Kerry has all these great ideas and plans, where's he been for the last 20+ years in the Senate?
Windsurfing?
Playing Touch Football?
Tanning Salon? (lol)
Can you actually relate to us where any congress person has been for the last 30 years?
It not like they make the headlines unless one of their aides disappears.

Kerry did make headlines in the late '80s for his lead role investigating the Iran/Contra scandal and when he decided to wage war against one of the most far-reaching and dangerous criminal enterprises ever seen in the world against urging from many including then pres Bush Sr. to lay off.
In 1988, the Bank of Credit and Commerce International, or BCCI catered to many of the most notorious tyrants and thugs of the late 20th century, including Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, the heads of the Medellin cocaine cartel, and Abu Nidal, the notorious Palestinian terrorist. According to the CIA, it also did business with those who went on to lead al Qaeda. And BCCI went beyond merely offering financial assistance to dictators and terrorists, the operation itself was an elaborate fraud, replete with a global intelligence operation and a Mafia-like enforcement squad.
Kerry's persistence paid off. British and U.S. regulators finally responded to the evidence provided by Kerry. BCCI was shut down in seven countries, restricted in dozens more, and served indictments for grand larceny, bribery, and money laundering. A decade after Kerry helped shut the bank down, the CIA discovered Osama bin Laden was among those with accounts at the bank.

BTW Kerry's "tan" is a common side effect of the antibiotics he has recently been taking for a strep throat infection.

D_Raay
09-30-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm deeply considering heeding the advice of a political commentator I heard last night, if you support Kerry vote bush, if you support bush vote Kerry.
Bush has fucked things up so bad that it doesn't matter who is in charge, they will have a tough unpopular time that you wouldn't wish on anyone. If Kerry is elected he will probably only get one term because of this and then we'll be back to the same old republican bs again. If bush is reelected he will screw things up so much further that it could be decades before the Republicans are back in office. Vote with a plan for the long term, not just the next four years
Could be a third party will have a real good chance in '08 since it will probably be Jeb Bush vs. Hillary.
I respect your wisdom in such matters infidel, but I would say this is illogical. We have know way of knowing for sure this will happen. I'm not one to take this much of a chance.

D_Raay
09-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Being Just acceptable isn't gonna cut it....
Windsurfing?
Playing Touch Football?
Tanning Salon? (lol)
Kerry is a victim of his own handlers, if he is indeed a victim at all. For anyone questioning him it's obvious they haven't had a keen eye on him. Moments of his true passion for his job and his integrity show through on rare occasions when he's speaking freely. Now Bush on the other hand, if you saw his appearance on O'Reilly the other night, has hurt his chances by appearing in front of the camera to speak freely. The debates are going to break Bush, especially if Kerry breaks from the whole format and goes after him. It's so easy to tell when he's lying. He is starting to crumble under pressure and tough questions. O'Reilly had to help him along on some of those tough questions. It is a rare thing for a "president" to make his interviewer look much more composed and intelligent than himself. And O'reilly was saying this was an "A+" interview. Give me a break.

ASsman
09-30-2004, 01:45 PM
No he can't, and won't. That is all.
Except for this, this quote is taken out of context but still applies here.

ASsman
09-30-2004, 01:46 PM
No he can't, and won't. That is all.
Except for this, this quote is taken out of context but still applies here.

This election is like "picking what puddle of vomit to lick" - Triumph the insult comic dog.

Whois
09-30-2004, 02:02 PM
This election is like "picking what puddle of vomit to lick" - Triumph the insult comic dog.

(y) YUMMY!

drobertson420
09-30-2004, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=infidel] "BTW Kerry's "tan" is a common side effect of the antibiotics he has recently been taking for a strep throat infection.
Then why did he say"I got the tan playing football"?
Yah, I know;its lame to obsess on a "Tan", but how he explained it is telling of his character...... :rolleyes:

drobertson420
09-30-2004, 03:00 PM
"Can you actually relate to us where any congress person has been for the last 30 years?
It not like they make the headlines unless one of their aides disappears."

How True....Most people don't care about other State's senators unless there is a scandal......Or they;re running for the most powerful political position in the World! ;)

Echewta
09-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Where does Bush get his tan? The months and months he spends each year at the ranch? (LOL) Or crashing Segways (lol). Or clearing brush (ROFL).

Getting on Kerry's case because he lives a physcial lifestyle is beyond lame. Espcially with people as large as they are in this country, what a good role model he could be. Dude snowboards for crying outloud.

infidel
09-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Here's an example of a scary reason bush just might win. Part of an email from a friend.

One of my wife's coworkers was talking last week about how no one saw "him" in Alabama when he was supposed to be in the National Guard and how can we elect Kerry when he doesn't show up for Guard duty...

My wife and another coworker said, "No, you mean Bush didn't show up for Guard duty... he was the one in the NG stationed in Alabama."

1st coworker: "No, that was Kerry. He was in the NG."

Wife and 2nd coworker: "No, that was Bush."

The "discussion" went on in this way for several minutes with the 1st coworker never conceding that Bush was the one who was in the NG.

ASsman
09-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Dumbasses. They should be euthanized imediatly.