PDA

View Full Version : Curries-- what do people recommend?

Hypestyle
05-09-2004, 01:42 PM
sandwiches and more..

i want recipes.. what do people recommend.. are they all hot?

:o

HEIRESS
05-11-2004, 04:55 PM
curry sandwiches???

weird

Um I enjoy those thai curry pastes you can buy
nice and simple
just add a teaspoon or less to smaller dishes

comes in yellow - not hot
red - hot
green - really hot

or I find curry powder, tumeric, parika and cayenne pepper make a nice spice medly along with lots of onion, garlic and ginger as your base

jabumbo
05-11-2004, 08:22 PM
adding a little bit of chopped garlic to anything being fried and its good in my book...

and curry is best with chicken...mmmm i like indian food...

Jam
05-15-2004, 05:48 AM
What you need is: Starter: Garlic Mushroom on Puri, Main: Vegetable Rogan Josh with Onion Rice, with Bindhi Bhajii and Veg stuffed Paratha. Also ask for a wheelbarrow so someone can take you out of the restaurant when you've finished.

Jam

ms.peachy
05-17-2004, 11:08 AM
If you are serious about wanting to try to prepare your own curry dishes, I will be happy to help you out. I love to cook and I love to make my own curry pastes. But I'd need to know more about what you particularly like, as this word 'curry' means something different to nearly everybody! Serious curry makers in India have secret family recipes that they guard like jewels, so each is subtly different. And a Thai green curry is a whole other thing,and so on, and so on.

Also if you want to do it right, please give youself lots of time and be patient. A curry from a restaurant might be good 'fast food' in its way, but if you want to do it properly yourself, make an event of it. Maybe get a friend or two in to help out with the chopping and spice grinding, and to share in the finished product. That way if it all goes horribly wrong, not only do you have someone else to blame, but you have people you can laugh about it with years down the line: "Yo dude, remember that time you tried to make dat curry thing and it got all f'ed up and your place was stinking like burnt garlic for a month?" (But this won't happen, it will be delish, trust me ;) )