PDA

View Full Version : is it no longer possible to delete posts?

venusvenus123
05-12-2004, 02:54 AM
why's that? :confused:

plus, we have to give a reason for editing a post????

tpk
05-12-2004, 06:26 AM
it's not possible..why want to delete something you wrote? if so, why not just NOT write it? eh?

cause editing posts we are still talking about a few hours timelimit to do so. so i one sense i can understand why someone would want to delete a post they made way back..but since you can't even edit stuff like that, it's obvious that you wouldn't be able to delete it neither.

ElectricWarrior
05-12-2004, 09:21 AM
it's not possible..why want to delete something you wrote? if so, why not just NOT write it? eh?

Like a blackboard has its eraser, the message board should have it's deleting functions.

venusvenus123
05-12-2004, 10:38 AM

you and minton are very strange beings.... if i hadn't seen photographic evidence to the contrary, i might believe that you were both robots.... ever changed your mind about something you wrote? ever decided that you maybe didn't want the thing you said to stay there forever?

yes... not having an erasing function is weird. very weird.

little j
05-12-2004, 11:01 AM
an example of why having a delete option is good:

yesterday i responded to a topic and when i hit the submit button i realized it was the wrong topic.

so i tried to delete it and couldn't.

Mr. Boomin'Granny
05-12-2004, 11:54 AM
all you had to do was say boobies or blow job and it would've been ok Jess.

What i dont get is the closing of threads. None of them are/were "offensive".

what if i wanted to add something to the thread? can't, gotta make a new one!

BeastieBoys.com
05-12-2004, 12:26 PM
If you post in the wrong forum or double post or something, PM one of the mods and we will correct it.

Mr. Boomin'Granny
05-12-2004, 01:20 PM
but why put that burden on top of more stress?

help me help you.

tpk
05-12-2004, 03:01 PM
you and minton are very strange beings.... if i hadn't seen photographic evidence to the contrary, i might believe that you were both robots.... ever changed your mind about something you wrote? ever decided that you maybe didn't want the thing you said to stay there forever?

yes... not having an erasing function is weird. very weird.haha. well i hear you but you gotta see it in two ways.

GOOD things with deleting posts

- if you by accidently post in the wrong topic
- if you realize the answer or such after posting a question or such, and not wanting to look stupid
- if you were drunk or such and just REGRET what you wrote

BAD things with deleting posts

- people can go on a deleting spree and delete everything they've written including topics which would end up in confusion on the board
- people can say something and get a few replies. then delete it and once again, confusion would be started
- if you decide to delete something, then seriously - maybe you should try and add an extra thought to why you even posted it in the first place

i realize this is a good argument. in many ways it IS bad not to have the delete function. but there would be too much confusion and people would post things and then delete it for fun. stuff like that. and that wouldn't be healthy for the database :p

but yeah, i'm on both sides.

fonky pizza
05-12-2004, 05:02 PM
yesterday i responded to a topic and when i hit the submit button i realized it was the wrong topic.

so i tried to delete it and couldn't.

yeah, it happened to me too but I don't care.

venusvenus123
05-12-2004, 05:33 PM
haha. well i hear you but you gotta see it in two ways.

GOOD things with deleting posts

- if you by accidently post in the wrong topic
- if you realize the answer or such after posting a question or such, and not wanting to look stupid
- if you were drunk or such and just REGRET what you wrote

BAD things with deleting posts

- people can go on a deleting spree and delete everything they've written including topics which would end up in confusion on the board
- people can say something and get a few replies. then delete it and once again, confusion would be started
- if you decide to delete something, then seriously - maybe you should try and add an extra thought to why you even posted it in the first place

i realize this is a good argument. in many ways it IS bad not to have the delete function. but there would be too much confusion and people would post things and then delete it for fun. stuff like that. and that wouldn't be healthy for the database :p

but yeah, i'm on both sides.
haha, but that was part of the fun of it... start a thread... it goes on for three pages... and then poof delete it all!

ok... well i guess i'll just have to make really careful and measured posts.

i don't like the way we lose power though.... we should kind of have the right to delete something we've posted... and not have to come running to you guys to sort it out for us. oh well.

minton
05-13-2004, 03:26 AM
What i dont get is the closing of threads. None of them are/were "offensive".

what if i wanted to add something to the thread? can't, gotta make a new one!

They're usually repeats of something that's come up a few times before. Threads aren't closed for no reason, we're pretty light on moderation.