PDA

View Full Version : And you Swedes

andersm
05-13-2004, 05:27 AM
Not sure this is even official yet... No word on EMI's front page.

http://www.emi.se/beastieboys/

Please post in this thread if you see or hear about more competitions in Sweden. Gives the fans on this board a better chance than the rest, right?

Also, a couple of the websites in Norway and Sweden mention May 19th as the date for the concert.. So that's probably correct.

AM

maestro
05-13-2004, 06:47 AM
Oh, thanks a lot. (y)

tpk
05-13-2004, 07:23 AM
emi.se/beastieboys has been up for about 1½ months now

the new design got up this monday and the contest runs out on sunday.

still not sure whether it's the 18th or 19th. i hear 19th from one side and 18th from another.

peace.

maestro
05-13-2004, 07:30 AM
I really hope that it will be the 19th because I would have trouble getting to Stockholm the 18th. But then again, I haven't won any tickets yet. :cool:

tpk
05-13-2004, 07:52 AM
I really hope that it will be the 19th because I would have trouble getting to Stockholm the 18th. But then again, I haven't won any tickets yet. :cool:i really hope it's the 18th cause i have this big party thing on the 19th..which would make it hard for me. :)

andersm
05-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Well it's not the choice that would make it hard for you... :cool:

Parties can be had all the time

AM

b-grrrlie
05-13-2004, 09:33 AM
I'm at my sister's now in the UK and the freakin' computer's speakers are broken! I can't hear the tracks they're playing on the Swedish competition!!! AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
I have to try those Norwegian competitions, hope I have luck somewhere :(

Tompz
05-13-2004, 11:17 AM
thats bad. for those poor swedes with broken speakers:

the answers:

1) intergalactic

2) spike jonze

3) rootdown

4) i run the marathon til the very last mile

I fucked up my motivation for best beastie song. I said "car thief" but the motivation was pretty poor, and you can only register once. Fuck..

andersm
05-14-2004, 03:50 AM
The edit button was missing on my first post so here is an update:

http://www.nrj.se/?get=document&id=55382760

jimmyjrg
05-14-2004, 06:16 AM
http://www.emi.se/beastieboys/
i like this site

andersm
05-17-2004, 05:09 AM
One more:

http://transition.rocsport.com/

It'll be over in a couple hours though. I'm not going to give you any answers because i feel you should work a little to get a chance to be there..

And one on the main beastieboys.com page too if you didn't notice..

Good luck!!!

maestro
05-17-2004, 05:14 AM
Thanks Anders, you're the man. I'm in 4 different contests now, and I think I would have quite a good chance to win.

andersm
05-17-2004, 06:13 AM
Well it seems they closed the transition competition early.. :confused: Could be the question was too difficult?

The info is a bit contradictive...

AM

maestro
05-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Well it seems they closed the transition competition early.. :confused: Could be the question was too difficult?

The info is a bit contradictive...

AM

Oh damn, I must have been almost the last one to send in the answer.

Uru-Nitro
05-17-2004, 09:24 AM
if the draw of the tickets is done the 18th and the show is the 19th... how can I organize a travell to sweden in 24 hours? you should give us more time!

andersm
05-17-2004, 12:31 PM
yeah it's not easy. mostly meant for swedish fans of course... although i'm sure russians are more than welcome.. ;)

here is another one:
www.nalen.com

This is also the venue, and they have listed the date as May 19. That is probably right then..

maestro
05-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Damn, that makes it 5 contests in total. What happens if I win in let's say 3 contests? Do I still only get 2 tickets or will I get tickets from all the contests (6 tickets or something)? Would be interesting to know, because then I could bring some buddies to Stockholm as well.

andersm
05-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Well there was another one on digfi.com as well, but it ended before i could enter.

I don't think you're going to have a problem winning too many tickets. Right now I have a problem winning too few..

I also need to know at least the night before the show to be able to make it.

AM

maestro
05-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Yeah I know, I'm not in a very good financial situaution at the moment so I guess it would be better if I didn't win because I can't really afford to spend my money on the transportation costs.

andersm
05-17-2004, 01:18 PM
thats bad. for those poor swedes with broken speakers:

the answers:

1) intergalactic

Way to go giving people the wrong answers.. :rolleyes:

Well I still feel people should look up the info themselves if they don't know their beastie trivia... I'm just trying to round up competitions people may have missed.

AM

andersm
05-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Yeah I know, I'm not in a very good financial situaution at the moment so I guess it would be better if I didn't win because I can't really afford to spend my money on the transportation costs.

Hehe.. Same here. But there's nothing like spending your last money on something like this... It's not like you're going to starve.. This is for feeding your SOUL!! And what can compete with the memory of a special beastie boys concert you had to travel many hours to see..?

AM

andersm
05-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Well it turns out I could have gotten a ticket to the show.. But during a power outage this morning, I missed the email message from Transition. I was too late submitting my birthdate and now I don't get to go... (I guess the bb.com competition isn't over yet..)

I talked to Emi and it seems the concert is almost overbooked so they couldn't help me out.. Now I'm waiting for Emi Norway to get back to me.. I'll keep you posted..

Right now it sucks to be me. :(

AM

tpk
05-18-2004, 08:17 AM
Well it turns out I could have gotten a ticket to the show.. But during a power outage this morning, I missed the email message from Transition. I was too late submitting my birthdate and now I don't get to go... (I guess the bb.com competition isn't over yet..)

I talked to Emi and it seems the concert is almost overbooked so they couldn't help me out.. Now I'm waiting for Emi Norway to get back to me.. I'll keep you posted..

Right now it sucks to be me. :(

AMif you win, how are you gonna organize a trip and travel it in 24 hours?

btw, anyone at all from stockholm in here?

andersm
05-18-2004, 08:33 AM
My brother won tickets!!!

I'm taking a bus tomorrow morning and travelling 8 hours for the 30 min show...

I'm so happy!!

andersm
05-18-2004, 08:34 AM
b-grrlie is from stockholm i think

on the phone now trying to get a seat on the 'party'-bus from Oslo...

AM

apparatus
05-18-2004, 08:35 AM
My brother won tickets!!!

I'm taking a bus tomorrow morning and travelling 8 hours for the 30 min show...

I'm so happy!!

congrats :)

andersm
05-18-2004, 09:02 AM
congrats :)

THANKS!!!

b-grrrlie
05-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Yeah I'm in Stockholm! Just got back from London yesterday (but, alas! didn't have the fortune with me to win a ticket to the gig!) and been waiting for a mail or a call all day for being told I've won a ticket ;)

Heard something they're in town already doing interviews, don't know if it's true tho', and don't know where they would be doing those. Maybe I should go and check certain hotels in town just in case :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'll be hanging 'round Nalen tomorrow whatever happens. Can't afford to buy a ticket from a tout tho' (damn! London is expensive!) so I'll have to rely on my charm :D

andersm
05-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Good luck b-grrrlie and sorry bout the missing r

By the way.. I'm looking into dressing like one of the boys in sabotage.. Can't find a good shirt with such short notice though.. we'll see if it works out..

andersm
05-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Things worked out for the best so now I'm travelling with the rest of the winners from Oslo tomorrow morning...

I 24 years old and I have a feeling I won't be able to sleep tonight... And I like it. :D

Am

alexandra
05-18-2004, 09:54 AM
i won tickets too !! :D i'm such a happy motherfuck right now ...!
since i'm under 18 i have to have 'an adult' with me (don't mind it that much tho)...my sister don't even know how happy she Should be ! :D but i know !!
i NEVER thought i would win!
shit like this makes me religious.

apparatus
05-18-2004, 09:58 AM
since i'm under 18 i have to have 'an adult' with me (don't mind it that much tho)...my sister don't even know how happy she Should be ! :D but i know !!

gaah.. take me :P

andersm
05-18-2004, 09:59 AM
Hehe.. I have a friend who is a very responsible adult as well.. Don't take your sister if she won't appreciate it..

AM

apparatus
05-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Hehe.. I have a friend who is a very responsible adult as well.. Don't take your sister if she won't appreciate it..

AM

Maybe it needs to be a relative though.. but whatever, I can be someone's long lost uncle!

andersm
05-18-2004, 10:02 AM

Amen to that!

:D

Apparatus: Don't think so as the rest of us can take whomever we want to.. She could be an orphan for all we know.

b-grrrlie
05-18-2004, 10:04 AM
Good luck b-grrrlie and sorry bout the missing r

By the way.. I'm looking into dressing like one of the boys in sabotage.. Can't find a good shirt with such short notice though.. we'll see if it works out..

grrrrr! :D

I'm the short, old, fat girl with purple hair and purple glasses, I'll propably be wearing a grey jacket with a hood.

I used to dress like Yauch in that old man's fashion, down to the 'fronts and net-top :D , my drag-king days! ;)

b-grrrlie
05-18-2004, 10:07 AM
i NEVER thought i would win!

I could be your mother!

Well, I'm old enough anyway, even to be a granny (and a booming one at that!)! :cool:

Congratulations anyway, Alexandra! (y)

apparatus
05-18-2004, 10:09 AM
We could have some cheesy contest about who Alexandra should take.. like MTV's dismissed..

(by the way, I'm just trying to make time pass while waiting for the winners list. I know, I'm silly)

alexandra
05-18-2004, 10:23 AM
thanks, yo. (y)

alright, may...some competition begin...Now! give me some nice compliments. the one that lies the best 'wins'. :rolleyes:

apparatus
05-18-2004, 10:25 AM
thanks, yo. (y)

alright, may...some competition begin...Now! give me some nice compliments. the one that lies the best 'wins'. :rolleyes:

um.. well, this is no lie: I really find it cool that you play bass. and you seem to have a very good musical taste! (obviously)
I'm really bad at lying.. especially as I don't really know the person I'm lying about!

apparatus
05-18-2004, 10:27 AM
then again, I could say that the universe was created especially for you! and that you're worth more than a billion beastie boys shows! :rolleyes:

alexandra
05-18-2004, 11:15 AM
the universe was created especially for you!
you're worth more than a billion beastie boys shows!
true :cool:. lolz..., keep on!

alexandra
05-18-2004, 11:16 AM
um.. well, this is no lie: I really find it cool that you play bass. and you seem to have a very good musical taste! (obviously)
I'm really bad at lying.. especially as I don't really know the person I'm lying about!
i can buy that !. thanks

apparatus
05-18-2004, 12:17 PM
i can buy that !. thanks

hahah.. now will I get my reward? :P

cAm
05-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Holy Shit!!!
Im gonna see the Beasties tomorrow!!!!!!! :D :D

oh, and Im from Stockholm

alexandra
05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
hahah.. now will I get my reward? :P
if so you still have to get to sthlm on your own :rolleyes:.

alexandra
05-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Holy Shit!!!
Im gonna see the Beasties tomorrow!!!!!!! :D :D
(y)
it's gonna be awwwesome

apparatus
05-18-2004, 12:26 PM
if so you still have to get to sthlm on your own :rolleyes:.

Jo, jag vet. men om jag får hänga med så är det klart att jag kommer till Stockholm (y)

so is your sister not on the guest list yet, or what?

alexandra
05-18-2004, 12:53 PM
sorry, det var 'enda vägen ut' :p, men du slipper göra könsbyte nu iallafall ...?

apparatus
05-18-2004, 12:57 PM
sorry, det var 'enda vägen ut' :p, men du slipper göra könsbyte nu iallafall ...?

tack ändå.. bajs på nalen..