PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to record this gig in Holland ?

exar
05-13-2004, 05:40 AM
?

redeamer
05-13-2004, 05:46 AM
sure hope so, don't count on it though.

Redeamer

rogier
05-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Yeah someone better do that!!
It's the Beasties own fault that we're asking for something illegal now. They should have sold more tickets!

paulb
05-13-2004, 12:28 PM
ya, i hope someone tapes it too... i wanna hear these private shows...

Niann-Tsyr
05-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Yeah someone better do that!!
It's the Beasties own fault that we're asking for something illegal now. They should have sold more tickets!

I understand your frustration, but immediately blaming the band is not fair. Like they control how many tickets are to be sold to the fans? And asking here for bootleg shows is imho not done. Maybe the band themself would like to release a live-show cd/dvd. Besides if you would buy a bootleg, the band doesn't receive no money of it, only those bootleggers would make profit.

My 2 cents.

Dr. Spock
05-13-2004, 12:51 PM
I understand your frustration, but immediately blaming the band is not fair. Like they control how many tickets are to be sold to the fans? And asking here for bootleg shows is imho not done. Maybe the band themself would like to release a live-show cd/dvd. Besides if you would buy a bootleg, the band doesn't receive no money of it, only those bootleggers would make profit.

My 2 cents.

they better not frisk me, I'll be having a lot of unauthorised stuff with me :)

I have a md recorder with an md mic, the quality is pretty nice

Niann-Tsyr
05-13-2004, 01:18 PM
they better not frisk me, I'll be having a lot of unauthorised stuff with me :)

I have a md recorder with an md mic, the quality is pretty nice

Don't you think it's a bit stupid to announce that here? Furthermore, I think they have a metal detector and bouncers will frisk people.

Dr. Spock
05-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Don't you think it's a bit stupid to announce that here? Furthermore, I think they have a metal detector and bouncers will frisk people.
will the mods pass this on to milkyway management? tpk and minton collect bootlegs!

Taco Zip
05-13-2004, 01:26 PM
I will be taking pictures!

Unforgiven
05-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Bootlegs aren't a big loss, they're often what, 56kpbs? If they were going to release a live dvd/cd then it would be very nice quality, we have to suffice with rather poor quality :D

adwhammy
05-13-2004, 04:50 PM

Dont YOU think you are being a little paranoid?! First of all the Beasties have said on several occasions, that as long as bootlegs are not sold for profit they are cool with fans trying to record and trade shows.

Kudos to Dr. Spock for taking the initiative to preserve the concert for the rest of the fans who wont be able to go. Good luck, I hope it turns out well and you don't have any problems

dj beamon65
05-13-2004, 04:53 PM
GO ON my son ,,

take that mini disc

as if the beasties give a shit about things like that,,
the bootleg is hardly going to make him thousands.

a few pound in his back pocket at the most...

any artist who is as big as the beasties cant moan about a few pounds,,
its people like use who have paid for their mansions ,,,
let them pay for use to have a few drinks at there gigs..........

and look at all those acapella "12 inch remix bootlegs

they may not make the money but it gets them records listen to all sorts of new people who go out and buy the cd..

why do u think they do it..

the same with eminem acapella ,,,he wants u to bootleg his shit..

it makes him more money in the long run..........

SO BOOTLEG AWAY

WHEN THEY TOUR ,,,THEY WILL HAVE A LOT MORE NEW FACES IN THE CROWD & A LOT MORE DOLLARS AT THE END OF IT........

THATS WHY YOU HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG FOR THE ALBUMS

SPENDING THEIR DOLLARS,,,,,

THATS WHAT PAYS FOR THE SMALLER PROJECTS BS2000 FOR EXAMPLE

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

paulb
05-13-2004, 06:00 PM
thanks so much SPOCK!!!

adwhammy
05-13-2004, 07:01 PM
as if the beasties give a shit about things like that,,
the bootleg is hardly going to make him thousands.

a few pound in his back pocket at the most...

any artist who is as big as the beasties cant moan about a few pounds,,
its people like use who have paid for their mansions ,,,
let them pay for use to have a few drinks at there gigs..........

thats the dumbest shit ive heard all week and ive been watching white house television for the last 5 days...

the point isnt to make money, its about circulating the show to fans who werent able to go. bootlegging and taping a show are completely different things, if some asshole is trying to make money off the beasties performace then fuck that guy. but if they (and i assume Dr. Spock falls into this catergory) is just trying to tape the show for himself or to trade to other fans and distribute to people who love hearing live music, then that is more than legit.

tape away, and distribute (be it trading, or free distribution via the internet)

Niann-Tsyr
05-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Dont YOU think you are being a little paranoid?! First of all the Beasties have said on several occasions, that as long as bootlegs are not sold for profit they are cool with fans trying to record and trade shows.

Kudos to Dr. Spock for taking the initiative to preserve the concert for the rest of the fans who wont be able to go. Good luck, I hope it turns out well and you don't have any problems

No, I have a sense of reality. Besides that, you don't know me, so don't talk about me being paranoid, dude. There maybe some fans who trade taped shows, but there always be some dude who wants to make profit out of it by selling those taped shows -_- Once I got offered to BUY taped shows from Blur. I told that dude to buzz off and that he's sick to make money out of the fans. I rather make sure I buy tix for concerts than having bootleg taped shows.

tpk
05-14-2004, 01:15 PM
they are apparently recording the show

Niann-Tsyr
05-14-2004, 07:30 PM
That would be really cool if the band recorded the show and would release it :)

rogier
05-15-2004, 01:29 PM
wow very cool! Since I didn't win an tickets... :(

rogier
05-17-2004, 09:02 AM
and?? Anyone got some nice footage?? We should start a website somewhere! I'm a webdesigner ;) Let me know!

paulb
05-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Spock recorded the show.... wait a lil bit...and it will be out for everybody!!

Dr. Spock
05-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Spock recorded the show.... wait a lil bit...and it will be out for everybody!!

I ripped and recorded it contact me for more info.

exar
05-17-2004, 01:52 PM
so when we'll be able to listen to it ? keep us updated!

exar
05-17-2004, 01:52 PM
and yo! what about hub ?

exar
05-17-2004, 02:24 PM
WOW!!!!!!!

:D Looks like Roman was the star of the evening !!!1

ROMAN ROMAN!!!!! :D Lucky you!!!!!

Dr. Spock
05-17-2004, 03:41 PM
WOW!!!!!!!

:D Looks like Roman was the star of the evening !!!1

ROMAN ROMAN!!!!! :D Lucky you!!!!!

he was yelling Igotta Igotta Igotta... and the beasties went along!

exar
05-18-2004, 06:25 AM
he was yelling Igotta Igotta Igotta... and the beasties went along!

does it mean anything ? :)

rogier
05-18-2004, 08:38 AM
ey people! Just tell me where the bootleg is instead of talking other sh*t :P

exar
05-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Big Brother is watching so it's hard, are you on the hub sometimes ?