PDA

View Full Version : Melkweg,Amsterdam 16.05.2004 Hey,fans,where we shall meet?

romanpetr
05-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Greetings!
I shall be in Asterdam at 12:30, then I shall settle down in hotel and then I suggest all fans to meet together at 17:30 near Melkweg, to sit to have a drink beer, vodka, (who wants can smoke a seed or cheeba or sincemilla) and go our crowd on a concert. I shall carry a badge with a flag of the USSR and any Beastie Boys T-shirt.
Who knows - what's waether now in Amsterdam?
:)

PiNCHi
05-14-2004, 12:03 PM
I hope to see you there, i'll be aroud that time also so maybe we will bump into each other...

hN3
05-14-2004, 12:05 PM
it will be 17 degrees sunday!!
i will wear this cap

http://aliensonacid.freetekno.nl/uploads/post-6-1084555567.jpg

romanpetr
05-14-2004, 12:11 PM
I 'll leave Latvia tomorrow morning and go to a way,so I can't get access to computer tomorrow. So we'll meet together in Amsterdam. Stand Together!

romanpetr
05-14-2004, 12:14 PM
I hope to see you there, i'll be aroud that time also so maybe we will bump into each other...

Ok,I just in case shall shout : PiNChi! If You'll hear it,You'll know - that's me.
;)

romanpetr
05-14-2004, 12:17 PM
it will be 17 degrees sunday!!
i will wear this cap

http://aliensonacid.freetekno.nl/uploads/post-6-1084555567.jpg

Nice! i'll try to find You there among crowd.

PiNCHi
05-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Ok,I just in case shall shout : PiNChi! If You'll hear it,You'll know - that's me.
;)

:D hahaha, okay ! (y) i'm looking forward to it ! :)

Taco Zip
05-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Think i'll be there too then.
I will wear a blue jacket with white stripes on the sleeve i think.

I'm bringing Mullethead with me, he's coming over from Austria.
My girlfriend won tickets today so I gave him one for half the price i paid for mine.

romanpetr
05-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Think i'll be there too then.
I will wear a blue jacket with white stripes on the sleeve i think.

I'm bringing Mullethead with me, he's coming over from Austria.
My girlfriend won tickets today so I gave him one for half the price i paid for mine.

Nice,Taco Zip! Austrian fan also 'll be there!

Dr. Spock
05-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Nice,Taco Zip! Austrian fan also 'll be there!

I'll be in amsterdam around 17.00 h I think

anybody know a good bar/place to hang out and chat?

°_mullethead_°
05-14-2004, 02:26 PM
yeah i'll be there as well - thanks to the godlike taco zip ;)

that's a good forum to discuss a very important point: dress code
is it cooler to wear a beastie shirt or sth else? i'm not sure yet, maybe one of the new t-shirts or sth completely different.

romanpetr: do you have a ticket now?

romanpetr
05-14-2004, 02:51 PM
romanpetr: do you have a ticket now?

Like and You,friend,now I've firm guarantee for that ticket and therefore i 'll be there. Source reliable!

Taco Zip
05-14-2004, 02:51 PM
is it cooler to wear a beastie shirt or sth else?

Dude, wear what you think is the coolest.
Don't care what others think is cool.

redeamer
05-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Is there even 1 fan that's considering sharing a ticket with another fan in Holland, I believe all the regular posters here have tickets by now except me :mad:
I mean, in 1999 I had this site funkyness.cjb.net does'nt anyone recall, it was one fo the biggest collections in the world and still is.

Redeamer

Dr. Spock
05-14-2004, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=°_mullethead_°]

that's a good forum to discuss a very important point: dress code
QUOTE]

I said 2 years ago: I'm gonna make a robot costume in time for the next beastie tour, well.. this is a bit short notice but I sould start on it anyways.. well I think I'm gonna go as spock

°_mullethead_°
05-15-2004, 03:59 AM
Dude, wear what you think is the coolest.
Don't care what others think is cool.

Of course, was just sharing my thoughts... not sure yet, i really like the mechanical parrot, but i think i'll maybe wear the atdi t-shirt with the troy horse (?). maybe sth completely different.

Like and You,friend,now I've firm guarantee for that ticket and therefore i 'll be there. Source reliable!

Congrats!!

minton
05-15-2004, 04:10 AM
Sounds damn good, enjoy!

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 02:24 PM
fuck, I'm really excited :cool:

what time you people are gonna stand in line for the show?

Taco Zip
05-15-2004, 02:26 PM
fuck, I'm really excited :cool:

what time you people are gonna stand in line for the show?

6 in the morning again :D

Taco Zip
05-15-2004, 02:29 PM
6 in the morning again :D

Make that in the evening. :cool:

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 02:44 PM
ah :D you had me for a minute there.

for me it's about six thirty.

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 02:49 PM
by the way if any of you are still pissed off about that €100 thing: i'll wear my most mackinest red/white shirt with blue letters. so now you know what you got to look out for if you feel like kicking my ass.

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 03:00 PM
by the way if any of you are still pissed off about that €100 thing: i'll wear my most mackinest red/white shirt with blue letters. so now you know what you got to look out for if you feel like kicking my ass.

Dude, please. Like you're so worth it kicking your ass? At least I've got better things to do (studying for exam) then showing up at Leidseplein and go look for you. On the other hand, there might be some angry users here who are also from Amsterdam. Maybe they're going to kick your ass. Which I hope not, since it's lame to beat the crap out of someone over this issue. But then again, you didn't think before you posted. If you made a joke again, you forgot to add smileys. Next time think about the consequences of your words when you want to post another so-called reselling ticket prank.

My 2 cents.

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 03:03 PM
aren't you a girl?

add smileys... got it (y)

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 03:09 PM
aren't you a girl?

add smileys... got it (y)

Yep, I'm a girl. Some people thought I was a guy, hahaha. But if you know Chinese, then you would know my name is a girls name. Anyway, that I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't kick someones ass. I can, only when it's necessary in self-defence ;]

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 03:12 PM
the only chinese i know is dim-sum (y) ga je wel eens dimsummen bij golden city?

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 03:24 PM
the only chinese i know is dim-sum (y) ga je wel eens dimsummen bij golden city?

Dimsum is the Cantonese pronunciation, in Mandarin it's dianxin. And I've never went dimsumming at Golden City or do you mean Oriental City?

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 03:29 PM
fuck, that's the one. for some reason i always think golden when it is in fact oriental. their dimsum is just too good. i don't know all the names of the food but i know what i like. sho mei is good. and koeienmaag and kippenvoetjes and those flensjes met varkensvlees and the chinese tea and de gevulde paprika. we always get lots of free stuff there.

edit- aren't those flensjes called moo shu or something i'm not sure.

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 03:37 PM
fuck, that's the one. for some reason i always think golden when it is in fact oriental. their dimsum is just too good. i don't know all the names of the food but i know what i like. sho mei is good. and koeienmaag and kippenvoetjes and those flensjes met varkensvlees and the chinese tea and de gevulde paprika. we always get lots of free stuff there.

I hardly go to Oriental City. Bad food, bad service, and they look down on me since I don't speak Cantonese. (Fuck, what do they think, that I'm some mainlander?) If you speak Cantonese you get 10% discount, a Cantonese friend told me. I usually go to Grand Palace in Rotterdam (next to the Pathe cinema theater) since the waiters there at least are decent enough to speak Mandarin to me.

Taco Zip
05-15-2004, 03:38 PM
and koeienmaag and kippenvoetjes

I just wanted to translate that king of rock likes cow's stomach and chicken feet :cool:

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 03:41 PM
for real, you should try it sometime Alex :)

bad food? really? cause it's not like i've had dim sum in different places all over the world but I know people who've had dim sum from LA to Amsterdam and from Berlin to Hong Kong and they all say oriental city is one of the best... if not the best.

about the 10% thing... could be true. we get discounts because we go there often (we don't speak chinese)

in most chinese restaurants the chinese people get served before the white people, I have noticed this.

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 03:46 PM
edit- aren't those flensjes called moo shu or something i'm not sure.

I thought moo shu was what Chris Tucker mentioned in Rush Hour 2 as in getting some ass??? I never heard of moo shu being some dish...

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 03:49 PM
http://www.dimsum-fareast.com/main.htm

"Moo Shu Pork - Shredded & seasoned pork wok fried with lily flowers, black fungi & blossoms of egg. Served with side of steamed pancakes & hoisin sauce"

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 03:54 PM
for real, you should try it sometime Alex :)

bad food? really? cause it's not like i've had dim sum in different places all over the world but I know people who've had dim sum from LA to Amsterdam and from Berlin to Hong Kong and they all say oriental city is one of the best... if not the best.

about the 10% thing... could be true. we get discounts because we go there often (we don't speak chinese)

in most chinese restaurants the chinese people get served before the white people, I have noticed this.

Hmm, did those people happen to be Chinese or not?
Furthermore, I've never seen Chinese people getting served before white people. What I do notice is that the menus in Dutch and Chinese differ. Not in price but in dishes. Dutch menus usually have the standard Chinese-Indonesian dishes (Babi pangang ain't no Chinese dish, FYI). In most big restaurants Chinese tea is free. But white people mostly don't know that and the waiters usually charge it and ask if you want some blablabla-name tea (usually the most expensive Chinese tea).

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 03:55 PM
http://www.dimsum-fareast.com/main.htm

"Moo Shu Pork - Shredded & seasoned pork wok fried with lily flowers, black fungi & blossoms of egg. Served with side of steamed pancakes & hoisin sauce"

That's prolly the Cantonese name for the dish. I don't recognize this dish. I'll ask my mom what the Chinese name is.

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 04:00 PM
yes those people were chinese. oriental city is always packed too. i'm guessing 80-90% chinese people.

and yeah i know about the menus. is babi pangang indonesian?

when i go out to dinner with chinese people we always order a few different dishes and take a little from everything but most dutch people seem to just order a dish for themselves and don't share.

i think the tea is free everywhere i've been to. new king, nam kee. hoi tin or however you spell it.

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 04:07 PM
yes those people were chinese. oriental city is always packed too. i'm guessing 80-90% chinese people.

and yeah i know about the menus. is babi pangang indonesian?

when i go out to dinner with chinese people we always order a few different dishes and take a little from everything but most dutch people seem to just order a dish for themselves and don't share.

Yep, Babi pangang is Indonesian. They usually even make it more crispier for the white people, which is bad. That doesn't serve the dish right.
And YES, Dutch people do intend to order a dish for themselves and don't share. Which is selfish in the eyes of Chinese people if you go and have dinner with them. I've met some Dutch people who think Indonesian food is Chinese and aren't willing to try authentic Chinese food. Those kind of people I try to avoid, coz you just talk to a wall when you talk to them -_-
I could spend hours talking about Chinese etiquette here, but I won't.

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 04:14 PM
I don't know a lot about chinese etiquette but sometimes the way they eat is not very... not what dutch people would describe as classy you know.

indonesian people use more and hotter sambal, which i like.

Taco Zip
05-15-2004, 04:23 PM
anybody know a good bar/place to hang out and chat?

Amsterdam has no bars. Only coffeeshops.

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Amsterdam has no bars. Only coffeeshops.

That's like BS, Taco Zip. There are good bars on the Leidseplein, though expensive. If you like cocktails you can go to The Bamboo Bar. It's in the Langeleidse dwarsstraat, next to a Brazilian dancing. When you are on the Leidseplein and go into the Leidse straat (on the right corner you have GWK and ATM machines, left is a pub with guinness sign on it and New York Stake House on the third floor), then the first street on the left is the Langeleidse dwarsstraat. Bamboo Bar has cocktails, shots and lots of other booze.
Furthermore, there's nothing wrong going to a coffeeshop. You're not obligated to buy weed or hash in there. Only a consumption like beverages or coffee is obligated. Usually a coffeeshop has a sign that says it (together with the rules). Besides, people who go to coffeeshops are not only going to buy some weed and then split, some of them also come for a good cup of coffee and socializing. The best conversations I ever had, were in coffeeshops and no my conversationpartners weren't stoned.

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 04:45 PM
*psssst*

sarcasm/irony/humor detected.

you'll learn to pick up on it eventually... even when there's no smileys

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 04:52 PM
*psssst*

sarcasm/irony/humor detected.

you'll learn to pick up on it eventually... even when there's no smileys

How can you know when there are no smileys? Or isn't he from Amsterdam?
Misleading people by telling there are only coffeeshops in Amsterdam adds more to the stigma our country has, the one of weedsmoking potheads. Amsterdam has more than coffeeshops. Only some foreigners seem only to remember the coffeeshops :(

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 04:58 PM
I can tell because... I don't know. Because it's not very likely a person would actually think Amsterdam doesn't have any bars. It's more likely that the real message is: Amsterdam has a lot of coffee shops and therefore it's a cool city.

hN3
05-15-2004, 05:04 PM
hey King of Rock how can we recognize you then?! :D

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 05:06 PM
I can tell because... I don't know. Because it's not very likely a person would actually think Amsterdam doesn't have any bars. It's more likely that the real message is: Amsterdam has a lot of coffee shops and therefore it's a cool city.

Cool city? There are like some places you don't wanna be at night, if you catch my drift. I don't call a city with the highest murder numbers in the country cool. Let alone the driveby shootings >_<

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 05:08 PM
I don't call a city with the highest murder numbers in the country cool.

I thought that was Rotterdam :confused:

I get your point though.

hey King of Rock how can we recognize you then?! :D

Didn't I explain this on page 1?

King of Rock II
05-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Aside from the red and white shirt I'll also be wearing a red/yellow/blue/green baseball cap with a propellor on top of it. Furthermore I'll have a note on my forehead which says "Yes I sell tickets for ridiculous prices. Please come and try to kick my ass. I'm not afraid of you"

Niann-Tsyr
05-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Aside from the red and white shirt I'll also be wearing a red/yellow/blue/green baseball cap with a propellor on top of it. Furthermore I'll have a note on my forehead which says "Yes I sell tickets for ridiculous prices. Please come and try to kick my ass. I'm not afraid of you"

I'll be coming then and have a go at ya :P

PiNCHi
05-15-2004, 08:24 PM
well guys, the day is near... countdown has started.... (!) i'm super excited!
i'll be there around 5.30 and maybe chill a bit at rokerij with some friends. i'll be looking for you guys.

wishing you all a good night sleep ...

Taco Zip
05-16-2004, 01:58 AM
It's sunday!!! :D

Just a few more hours!

PiNCHi
05-16-2004, 03:48 AM
IT SURE IS....
TODAY IS THE DAY (!) IT HAS ARRIVED! ONLY 5 1/2 HOURS LEFT FOR THE DOOR TO OPEN! ONLY 6 1/2 TILL WE CAN FINALLY SEE THE BEASTIE BOYS ! :D

King of Rock
05-16-2004, 06:13 AM
door opens at 7... good to know