PDA

View Full Version : Any British tour dates on the horizon ?

broonie27
05-17-2004, 05:59 AM
apart from the latest london gig, is there any news of a proper British tour. espcially in the Scotland area.

maestro
05-17-2004, 06:02 AM
I guess you'll have to wait until the fall or something, but since they apparently will do a world tour then they surely will come to U.K. as well. But I guess you have to wait a bit for it to happen, at least they have to release their album first of all. :)

broonie27
05-17-2004, 06:04 AM
yeah, cheeers maestro. i just hope it happens.

JimmyC
05-17-2004, 06:06 AM
A World Tour is supposed to be happening in August, although it hasnt been officialy confirmed by anyone.

missblastoff
05-17-2004, 06:35 AM
A promoter I know here in Nottingham has put a bid in for them to play at Nottingham Ice Arena.. no idea when the gig would be, though..... :)

paul jones
05-17-2004, 06:40 AM
A promoter I know here in Nottingham has put a bid in for them to play at Nottingham Ice Arena.. no idea when the gig would be, though..... :)
BEASTIE BOYS ON ICE!

they could wear Hockey gear! (y)

JimmyC
05-17-2004, 06:40 AM

That would be awesome. I'd love to be able to see them in my home town.

Parkey
05-17-2004, 07:21 AM
When I was talking to one of the MTV guys at the ICA he told me that they'd bought the coverage rights for the tour already and it was late summer and 5 dates. True or not? I dunno.

Parkey
05-17-2004, 07:22 AM
That would be awesome. I'd love to be able to see them in my home town.
Are you a Nottingham lad then?

JimmyC
05-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Are you a Nottingham lad then?

Yep.

Parkey
05-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Yep.
I live near by, where do you shop for music? I've very fond of Selectadisc and the new Fopp is ok but not upto Sheffield standards.

JimmyC
05-17-2004, 10:19 AM
I live near by, where do you shop for music? I've very fond of Selectadisc and the new Fopp is ok but not upto Sheffield standards.

Fopp and Selectadisc are where i buy most of my music.

Oh My Gosh is good too, especially for UK Hip-Hop.

Parkey
05-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Fopp and Selectadisc are where i buy most of my music.

Oh My Gosh is good too, especially for UK Hip-Hop.
It would be good for them to play the arena, or even better Rock City. But that won't happen I suppose.

smileydevil
05-17-2004, 02:06 PM
[I live near by, where do you shop for music? I've very fond of Selectadisc and the new Fopp is ok but not upto Sheffield standards.]

i live in nottingham too, in fact i work at selectadisc - would be awesome if they came to nottingham def should be rock city though or the peggars of course!

missblastoff
05-17-2004, 02:29 PM
....you work at Selectadisc? Hmmm....I probably know you then! :cool:

Parkey
05-17-2004, 02:41 PM
[I live near by, where do you shop for music? I've very fond of Selectadisc and the new Fopp is ok but not upto Sheffield standards.]

i live in nottingham too, in fact i work at selectadisc - would be awesome if they came to nottingham def should be rock city though or the peggars of course!

really! can I get a discount in there now? I'll wear a beasties T shirt so you'll know me :)

missblastoff
05-17-2004, 02:53 PM
...you'll have to fight your way in there Parkey, I hear they have Ash doing a record signing session soon! :eek:

Parkey
05-17-2004, 03:54 PM
really? when?

brave
05-17-2004, 04:00 PM
...you'll have to fight your way in there Parkey, I hear they have Ash doing a record signing session soon! :eek:
ugh...i hate ash, they make rock music without the rock, and they have the most pansy lyrics ever... they sing about shining lights and sunshine in the morning and picking flowers and telling your mum you love her and always cleaning your teeth at night... ugh!

smileydevil
05-17-2004, 04:11 PM
yeah ash are doing a signing on wednesday - luckily i'm not working - got one 3 days left at collge then i'll be working a fair amount - u know anyone else that works at selecta then???

ill look out for ya wearing a beasties top man - chances are ill be playing some anyway

(apparently the clash once played a gig at selectadisc and also the ramones - crazy shit)

peace

Parkey
05-17-2004, 04:49 PM
ugh...i hate ash, they make rock music without the rock, and they have the most pansy lyrics ever... they sing about shining lights and sunshine in the morning and picking flowers and telling your mum you love her and always cleaning your teeth at night... ugh!
I liked Ash when I was 15 and Girl From Mars/Oh Yeah were out etc. Can't say I pass them much attention now but I can think of far worse.

brave
05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
I liked Ash when I was 15 and Girl From Mars/Oh Yeah were out etc. Can't say I pass them much attention now but I can think of far worse.
oh sure there is much worse, Ash are inoffensive and can play their instruments. I just think they should probably stop trying to make "rock music". They said their new album was heavier and rockier, but they still have less attitude than my granny.
This is my personal (incomplete) list of most hated bands:
Lighthouse Family, Savage Garden, City High, Uncle Kracker, Anastasia, Nickleback, Linkin Park, and basicly anything else you are likely to hear on "today's better music mix" [insert name of your local commercial radio station here] FM.

I think it's almost as important to know what music really offends your ears as it is to know what you love. I hate safe music that doesn't take risks. What's the point?