PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam rocked!

Helen_22
05-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you...

We went there yesterday knowing it had sold out, hoping that someone might want to give up their good evening for us. After waiting around for 2 hours and seeing people pay ridiculous prices for tickets, we almost decided to go just when the Beastie Boys themselves got driven to the venue...jokingly i asked out loud if they had tickets left for the show. Then suddenly a few minutes later, someone came out of the backstage entrance and walked our way, asking how many tickets we needed! For FREE! I still can't believe it! Don't know how or why we deserved it (just started screaming and group hugging when i realised what was going on so totally forgot to give the guy a big hug), but to whoever's idea it was to get us guest tickets, thankyouthankyouthankyou! :) :) :) It was DEFINITELY one of the best gigs i've seen in a very, very long time!

PS- i suddenly feel like eating pannenkoeken hahaha(those who there should get that one;))

paul jones
05-17-2004, 02:51 PM
glad you got so lucky!

respect!

Dr. Spock
05-17-2004, 03:17 PM
wow, thats really nice!

Taco Zip
05-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Damn, you were lucky!
Were was that backstage door anyway, was it the door where the tv crew was located?
Also, what time did they arrive?

Niann-Tsyr
05-17-2004, 03:59 PM

We went there yesterday knowing it had sold out, hoping that someone might want to give up their good evening for us. After waiting around for 2 hours and seeing people pay ridiculous prices for tickets, we almost decided to go just when the Beastie Boys themselves got driven to the venue...jokingly i asked out loud if they had tickets left for the show. Then suddenly a few minutes later, someone came out of the backstage entrance and walked our way, asking how many tickets we needed! For FREE! I still can't believe it! Don't know how or why we deserved it (just started screaming and group hugging when i realised what was going on so totally forgot to give the guy a big hug), but to whoever's idea it was to get us guest tickets, thankyouthankyouthankyou! :) :) :) It was DEFINITELY one of the best gigs i've seen in a very, very long time!

PS- i suddenly feel like eating pannenkoeken hahaha(those who there should get that one;))

OMFG, I can't believe it!!!! Helen, you lucky girl. About time you got here on the board. I'll call you soon.

Dr. Spock
05-17-2004, 05:09 PM

were you the german(ish) girl that talked to us in front of the entrance...

paulb
05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
wow, that was so lucky!!

headache
05-18-2004, 02:30 AM
Respect.

synch
05-18-2004, 02:38 AM
Nice going!

I waited in line for five hours in front of the melkweg on thursday morning and just got the tickets the old fashioned way, a tad less interesting eh? ;)

headache
05-18-2004, 02:44 AM
Nice going!

I waited in line for five hours in front of the melkweg on thursday morning and just got the tickets the old fashioned way, a tad less interesting eh? ;)

Also: respect! (y)

synch
05-18-2004, 02:50 AM
Also: respect! (y)

Cheers! It was worth it. Plus we got a show from some drunks from Den helder :D

(I may have a picture to illustrate that point soon! ;) )

romanpetr
05-19-2004, 01:39 PM

We went there yesterday knowing it had sold out, hoping that someone might want to give up their good evening for us. After waiting around for 2 hours and seeing people pay ridiculous prices for tickets, we almost decided to go just when the Beastie Boys themselves got driven to the venue...jokingly i asked out loud if they had tickets left for the show. Then suddenly a few minutes later, someone came out of the backstage entrance and walked our way, asking how many tickets we needed! For FREE! I still can't believe it! Don't know how or why we deserved it (just started screaming and group hugging when i realised what was going on so totally forgot to give the guy a big hug), but to whoever's idea it was to get us guest tickets, thankyouthankyouthankyou! It was DEFINITELY one of the best gigs i've seen in a very, very long time!

Great story! My congratulations for You! You are really lucky girl! Show was awesome! I hardly restrained with happiness during and after show.
Vow! I'm happy too! :D
Yeah,on second day of my stay in Amsterdam I have tried pannenkoeken and it was pleasant to me. Pannenkoeken is good! ;)

SleeveZipper
05-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Great story! My congratulations for You! You are really lucky girl! Show was awesome! I hardly restrained with happiness during and after show.
Vow! I'm happy too! :D
Yeah,on second day of my stay in Amsterdam I have tried pannenkoeken and it was pleasant to me. Pannenkoeken is good! ;)

hell yeah, they're good, obviously. Otherwise the BB wouldt rap about em :) Hehe,