PDA

View Full Version : Music Choice Presents Beastie Boys (05-17-04)

dee_bee_76
05-18-2004, 08:33 AM
MUSIC CHOICE Presents BEASTIE BOYS

The Special MUSIC CHOICE Concert Event Featuring BEASTIE BOYS to Debut in Over 30 Million Cable Households

NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 05/17/2004 -- MUSIC CHOICE, the premier music television network, announced today the airing of an exclusive MUSIC CHOICE® concert featuring today's most influential multi-genre artists, BEASTIE BOYS. Mike D, MCA, and Ad Rock, known as BEASTIE BOYS, recorded the first rap album to hit #1 on the Billboard charts. Since then, the band has sold tens of millions of albums, and has been credited as one of the influential artists of all time. BEASTIE BOYS' new album, "To the 5 Boroughs," drops June 15th on Capitol, following up on 1998's quadruple-platinum, multiple-Grammy-winning "Hello Nasty." MUSIC CHOICE Presents BEASTIE BOYS will air in over 30 million cable homes through May 30th.

BEASTIE BOYS' concert, filmed at England's Glastonbury Festival during the Hello Nasty Tour, features never-before-seen footage of the 'Boys' performing many of the hits from their extensive discography. Concert viewers will hear "Sabotage," "Intergalactic," "Body Movin'," and over a dozen more fan favorites, including "Flute Loop" and "Shake Your Rump." The concert showcases the ability of BEASTIE BOYS to blend rock, rap and hip hop music into their very own signature music mix that draws generations of fans of all ages and backgrounds.

MUSIC CHOICE® Presents BEASTIE BOYS features a 60-minute concert that will be available in over 30 million cable households through May 30th. For show times in your area, visit http://www.musicchoice.com or contact your local cable provider.

About MUSIC CHOICE

Music Choice is the premier music television network; reaching U.S. households through digital cable, satellite TV and Broadband. Music Choice programs interruption-free music for homes and businesses and distributes televised concerts and music shows. The MUSIC CHOICE® music channels reach 34 million households and the Music Choice concert series air in 44 million homes nationally. Headquartered in Horsham, PA, Music Choice is a partnership among subsidiaries of Microsoft Corporation, Motorola, Inc., Sony Corporation of America, Warner Music Group, Inc., EMI Music and several leading U.S. cable providers: Adelphia Cable Communications, Comcast Cable Communications, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable. MUSIC CHOICE® is a registered trademark of Music Choice. Visit the Music Choice website at http://www.musicchoice.com.

Karen Doler
MUSIC CHOICE
215-784-5842
kdoler@musicchoice.com

Parkey
05-18-2004, 08:52 AM
As I've said before, they've got their facts wrong there. The Beasties haven't played at Glastonbury since 1994 and the only festival they've done since Hello Nasty was released is Reading in '98. So maybe it's that one. If anyone tapes it I'd be willing to pay for a copy as I was there and it would be good to have!

adwhammy
05-18-2004, 12:12 PM
If anyone has this channel, you should try and tape it (preferably straight to the computer if you are ready willing and able [for max quality]) and share share share, my cable stations do not provide me with this channel so i will not be seeing it...

cmon peoples lets do eet

Jerichoness
05-19-2004, 04:46 PM
It's coming on in a half an hour over here and I don't mind taping it but I have no idea how to get it on the computer :(
It's going to be repeating all month so if anybody just wants a tape sent to them I certainly don't mind doing that.

All right, I just checked the site again and It'll be repeating the 24th and the 26th here so if anybody PMs me before those dates, I think I should be able to send a copy (I'm in NY so be considerate if you're overseas ;) )