PDA

View Full Version : 5/18/04 COMPLEX magazine

Extra Cheese
05-19-2004, 08:58 AM
the beasties are on the cover of complex magazine along with kanye west and boring ass talib kweli.

beasties, kanyw, kweli (http://www.complex.com/features/216.shtml)

i havent read any of it yet, should be good though.

Parkey
05-19-2004, 09:01 AM
I like the golf pictures :D !

madizm
05-19-2004, 09:19 AM
who's the dude in the hood cookin up some bbq with Mike D?

Michelle*s_Farm
05-19-2004, 09:25 AM
the beasties are on the cover of complex magazine along with kanye west and boring ass talib kweli.

beasties, kanyw, kweli (http://www.complex.com/features/216.shtml)

i havent read any of it yet, should be good though.

Finally, an interesting article on the Beasties.

PitchforkMedia and the rest of the "confederation of dunces" (i.e. the uninformed critics out there) should read that article. It is sweet. And not just because it is positive. Rather the article is "context correct".

dee_bee_76
05-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks very much for the link...nice article! Seems the Boys are gonna be featured in a lot of mags this Summer, gonna have to keep an eye to yer newsstands, y'all!

paulb
05-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Good article. I enjoyed reading that...

Burnout18
05-19-2004, 04:42 PM
That was a great article to read. Mike D likes Kanye West,,, u think theres a chance of Kanye apearin on a remix????

Jerichoness
05-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Kanye is appearing on everything so I wouldn't be surprised :p
He's doing a remix for Maroon 5...

brave
05-23-2004, 10:33 AM
That was the best article i've read on the beastie boys for a long time, i'm just confused as to why the article didn't mention talib on kanye. Why were they at the shoot if they weren't going to be a part of the article?

DforDustin
05-23-2004, 10:54 AM
That was the best article i've read on the beastie boys for a long time, i'm just confused as to why the article didn't mention talib on kanye. Why were they at the shoot if they weren't going to be a part of the article?

I was asking myself the same thing.

Michelle*s_Farm
05-23-2004, 07:18 PM

Not sure what you are talking about (are you basing this just on viewing the web-site). There is a feature article on each in the hardcopy. Just buy the magazine to check it out. Actually, it is a wicked mag to have considering all three are on the cover in a golf cart with Kanye and Talib and there are several new Beasties pictures inside as well that are not on the web-site.

dirtydan11
05-24-2004, 01:33 AM
scan cover please just in case I can't find the mag. Is it a popular mag?

SickBoy76
05-30-2004, 09:21 PM
The article on the BBoys was decent, nothing really new but it was nice to see them called hip-hop Hall of Famers (Kayne was labeled Rookie of the Year and Talib Kweli, who IMO is far from boring Extra Cheese, was called the swingman) It's nice to see artists like this getting their due for a change instead of the same features on Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Eminem and R. Kelly, Complex is a pretty cool mag. The one before this one had Snoop Dogg and Michael Imperiloi (he plays Christopher on The Sopranos for those who dont know) on the cover and an interview with each. They always have info on vintage sneakers and clothes too. They also give as much, if not more, attention to underground hip-hop acts like Planet Asia, 7L & Esoteric, Vintage Imperial and MadVillian as they do to the more mainstream acts. I mean in the Source they think that we actually care about Ludacris, Nelly and Chingy.