PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sonic - Tokyo

roggerz
05-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Hey, I'm planning a mad worldwide adventure after saving my pennies like a good boy. Since the Beasties are playing the Japanese Summer Sonic festival I thought I might pop in to see them in Tokyo. So then I went to www.summersonic.com and tried to buy tickets. Alas I speak precisely not a word of Japanese and as they don't have a messageboard up yet I have turned here for help. Anyone linguistically handy enough to help me out? Also I work 24000 yen to be about £140 stirling - that about right? God i'm hopeless...

japanese A
05-21-2004, 08:30 AM
I am japanese A. I can't use English well but I tried to instruct.
And I don't like rock Fes, so I've never go this young Fes.
Maybe tickets will release after May 30. But I don't know how can buy from abroad.

a day ticket is 13000yen and 2days pass is 24000yen.
And the Fes will play at stadium not like FujirockFes so tickets figure are not absolute. I think Canadian girl will get to plenty people.
And other acts are Lee Perry & MAD PROFESSOR, Julassic 5, Nas, NERD, Green day, schadara-par(famous old scholl hip-hop act in Japan often join beasties or DeLaSoul), etc...

These supply sites have right to sell pre-reserve tickets.
http://eee.eplus.co.jp/ss04/top.html
http://t.pia.co.jp/ss04/ss04.jsp
But somehow cannot to reserve from abroad in these sites.

And this site is company to organazed the Fes.
http://www.creativeman.co.jp/
but this notoriety company's site don't have window to send E-mail.
Is it closed Fes? should more open.

spacemonkey
05-21-2004, 08:55 AM
I am japanese A. I can't use English well but I tried to instruct.

Hey japanese A- I deffinitely need your help making some arrangements to go to the OSAKA show would you help me...??? I am in Seoul, Korea. I don't speak Japanese, your help is greatly appreciated!
:)

contact me on the message board- here- or my e-mail

thanks! (y)

japanese A
05-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Hey japanese A- I deffinitely need your help making some arrangements to go to the OSAKA show would you help me...??? I am in Seoul, Korea. I don't speak Japanese, your help is greatly appreciated!

contact me on the message board- here- or my e-mail

thanks! (y)

Okay, tried.
Will you go to Osaka? I've never been to Osaka. I only know Osaka has newer airport within a city. I think info will be update to official-site of Fes soon while not has English page.

First, how do you thinking to how to get a ticket?
And are you Korean? if you are so, you might give to help with Korean language because I had meet korean schoolmate last.

spacemonkey
05-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Okay, tried.
Will you go to Osaka? I've never been to Osaka. I only know Osaka has newer airport within a city. I think info will be update to official-site of Fes soon while not has English page.

First, how do you thinking to how to get a ticket?
And are you Korean? if you are so, you might give to help with Korean language because I had meet korean schoolmate last.

My wife is Korean I'm American. We are defintly going. If you can help later when the site is updated and before tickets go on sale there I want to be ready. Oh and do ticket sales seat at random or is it the best seats go to those who order first?

Thanks
(y)

japanese A
05-24-2004, 07:37 AM
My wife is Korean I'm American. We are defintly going. If you can help later when the site is updated and before tickets go on sale there I want to be ready. Oh and do ticket sales seat at random or is it the best seats go to those who order first?

Thanks
(y)

Ticket has type of assignment to block.
I check it on summersonic BBS that means rough which right side or left side in stadium I think. So, if want to rest staying seat in ticket shows block , and can go down to see freestyle in arena nearly stage when beastie's time, maybe. But I can't understand that they have four type of stage on click fes site's artist column. Name of stage-1 beasties entrying is main the biggest stage I think.

spacemonkey
05-24-2004, 07:44 AM
Thanks A,

That seating/stage part is pretty confusing though. No sweat. I am primarily concerned with hooking up with tickets. That's about $130. usd right? When do they go on sale?

Thanks for dropping more knowledge! (y)

japanese A
05-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks A,

That seating/stage part is pretty confusing though. No sweat. I am primarily concerned with hooking up with tickets. That's about $130. usd right? When do they go on sale?

Thanks for dropping more knowledge! (y)

mmm...
I think 13000yen is about $120 now.
And you have to pay little more if you can buy from abroard and post back tickets to company.
They announced sale after 29 May 10:00 in Japan

spacemonkey
05-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Does that mean that I could buy them May 29? And purchase the tickets at that website?

Thanks for your help :)

japanese A
05-26-2004, 08:05 AM
Does that mean that I could buy them May 29? And purchase the tickets at that website?

Thanks for your help :)

Yes, but sadly, you have only how to pay to use credit card if want to buy on web. I'm always buy tickets at reliable window I go to.
I think will to call secretariat tomorrow. So please hold on a little while.

roggerz
05-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Thnaks to both of you, some answers to questions i hadn't even thought of yet! I think that i'm going to have to buy the tickets over the internet but will try and find a telephone number to call... I can't work out from the site what type of festival it is. I would like to know if it the type where you camp on site with a tent, as accomodation in Tokyo could be tricky...
In the words of spacemonkey: Thanks for dropping more knowledge! (y)

spacemonkey
05-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks A I'll be standing by

japanese A
05-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Sadly, I tried to search various how to buy tickets you can, but after all, those systems have not cover for foreign people. So you have only a way of help by individual living in Japan supply.
Or I proposal a way of how to you buy tickets after will come to Japan earlier(but it is not sure). Every time could to buy tickets this Fes for that day except Last year Radiohead, Blur and Travis came I search.

spacemonkey
06-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Hey A
I dunno bro... I want to buy them through the internet site are U shure they won't sell that way? It is too bad then, that's gotta hurt sales. Pain in my nuts. I'm kinda pissed off- mad- sad. I'm not giving up, alright. :) I gotta think about any possible options.

Keep me posted (y)

your help is appreciated

spacemonkey
06-04-2004, 08:39 AM
why can't we buy em' though the board third party style ya know like we pay 1st? pull some strings aidministration please! cuz they aren't hooking up foreigners for the show through electronic payments- understood. this isin't anything but beastieboys.com power up and pull some strings. thanks i know minton has something in the works.

keeping my fingers crossed :)

spacemonkey
06-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Sadly, I tried to search various how to buy tickets you can, but after all, those systems have not cover for foreign people. So you have only a way of help by individual living in Japan supply.
Or I proposal a way of how to you buy tickets after will come to Japan earlier(but it is not sure). Every time could to buy tickets this Fes for that day except Last year Radiohead, Blur and Travis came I search.

minton- I saw the results and read the other summersonic thread and I replied there too.

I'm not satisfied. We must be able to order these tickets from outside of Japan. Please, keep trying.

minton
06-05-2004, 08:12 PM
minton- I saw the results and read the other summersonic thread and I replied there too.

I'm not satisfied. We must be able to order these tickets from outside of Japan. Please, keep trying.

I've tried, there's not really anything we can do unfortunately.

japanese A
06-20-2004, 03:38 AM
I found Osaka's access to number have appear.
Anyway, I make notes in here.

Tickets for Osaka performance,
reservation by phone only.
+81-6-6233-8888(10am-7pm)
Ticket pick up will be at the
venue on the day.

http://www.summersonic.com/index.html
link to "ticket"

spacemonkey
07-08-2004, 07:44 AM
bump 4 !monk! (y)

!monk!
07-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Ta!
I've emailed the company that sells the tickets to see what can be done, I didn't see anything on the Beasties buy tickets link to the Summer Sonic fest that said you had to be in Japan, so we'll see. There are credit card and Paypal links on there.
Will keep you posted

Monk
:D

Briklin
07-13-2004, 08:00 PM
I was at SUMMERSONIC in Oaska last year--It was a very strange concert experience. The security people were totally respectful and even passive, in contrast to North America where they go out of their way to mess with you.

Also, you can just meander around anywhere on the grounds with a general admission wrist band. I'm not sure if you are supposed to do that, as I can't read or understand japanese.

It's was also about 100 F with crazy humidity. Bring water.