PDA

View Full Version : Stockholm gig comments!

Tompz
05-19-2004, 02:05 PM
..awsome! About 8-9 songs i guess, finishing of with intergalactic. Mike had the newly purchased funky sunglasses that where in-between-song topic of the day. He blamed a couple of lyrical slipups on those, and was instantly forgiven by the delighted crowd. Mca promoted the "sasqwatch" dance in the beginning to get the crowd rocking and adrock seemed to in a good mood. Open letter to NYC is an awesome song no doubt, and mixmaster warmed up the crowd real nice, also mixed sure shot if i remember correctly with nore/neptunes "nothing" and that was real sweet..

add to this people, like i know you will..

real nice...wow!

cAm
05-19-2004, 02:20 PM
the show was great!!!
the boys had fun on stage, joking around a lot

if i remember correct these were the songs they played:

Mixmaster Intro
Root Down
Sure Shot
Time To Get Ill
Posse In Effect
Shake Your Rump
So Whatcha Want
Triple Trouble
An Open Letter To NYC
3 Mc´s And 1 Dj
Body Movin
Ch-Check It Out
Intergalactic

oh, I met tpk before the show and 2 other members, dont recall their names

paulb
05-19-2004, 02:32 PM
very cool man! good setlist! i hope someone taped it... did u know if anyone did?was Security tight?

Tompz
05-19-2004, 02:42 PM
very cool man! good setlist! i hope someone taped it... did u know if anyone did?was Security tight?

yeah pretty tight, no mobilephones or anything whatsoever..i doubt someone taped it, but who knows?

cAm
05-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Z-tv (kinda like swedish mtv) taped the beastie gig and are gonna show it on the 11th of June.......just heard it on the news

get your videos ready!!

Parkey
05-19-2004, 03:07 PM
I've got 3 Swedish mates and none of them like the Beasties at all and told me that they are actively disliked in Sweden. I presume they're talking shit?

Laver1969
05-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Hey tpk,

We need your review of the show. Did you flash your bb.com administrator badge to get back stage? Did you get to meet them?

Tompz
05-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Z-tv (kinda like swedish mtv) taped the beastie gig and are gonna show it on the 11th of June.......just heard it on the news

get your videos ready!!

yeah? thats neat

b-grrrlie
05-19-2004, 04:30 PM
It was awesome!

I have to thank maestro! He couldn't make it to Stockholm and fixed me in instead of him! It was quite in the last minute, so they didn't get my info to the door in time, but one phonecall fixed it!
Met tpk and Andersm (dressed in Sabotage-stylee, Yauch saw it and made a comment from the stage) and some others, loadsa ppl from Norway! Got myself a perfect spot: right in the middle by the barrier! :D
The security was quite tight, but Anders managed to get a camera in, but silly him, during the last track took a photo with a flash and his camera was confiscated. We saw later that he had to delete all the pics he'd taken!
tpk got to the backstage, we others were thrown out, so didn't meet him afterwards.

Guys were in a good mood, Mike's glasses were hilarious and made the others laugh so much they sometimes forgot lyrics or just couldn't keep a straight face at all. MMM was awesome! and I really loved that Ode to New York! Really good stuff! And they started with my maybe biggest faves, Root down and Sure Shot!

Laver1969
05-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Nice review b-grrrlie!

andersm
05-19-2004, 08:30 PM
It's running late but here is an update;

Well security was tight.. I had to delete the pictures I took with my digicam..

But thanks to the fellows over at Runtime Software, I have recovered most of the pics that were deleted. They are of poor quality as I didn't use flash.

Thanks Beasties and MMM for a great concert!! I think the crowd was pretty good.

AM

Laver1969
05-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Can you post them. Poor quality pics is better than no pics. ;)

alexandra
05-20-2004, 12:02 AM
did you guys see a wack girl with a black cap :rolleyes:.?
when we stood in the line i think i saw tpk smokin on the other side of the way...?
anyway there ain't words for how awesome the guys&mmm were! i swear i felt the universe!:p adrock low5d me 3 times and gave me these ironical looks... and if i weren't dreaming ,like 30 min's after the show we saw when they left the building and were about to go into a car... these norwegian dudes were all over adrock and the security was like "back off" when i wanted an autograph from yauch (he was sitting in the front of the car), but yauch was like "no prob., how's it going?" . who the hell knows what i answered :p. all i ever wanted to say to him just disappeared... then adrock&mike also signed and like 5 sec's l8r they drove away.
phew ;).

b-grrrlie
05-20-2004, 01:43 AM
when we stood in the line i think i saw tpk smokin on the other side of the way...?
anyway there ain't words for how awesome the guys&mmm were! i swear i felt the universe! adrock low5d me 3 times and gave me these ironical looks... and if i weren't dreaming ,like 30 min's after the show we saw when they left the building and were about to go into a car... these norwegian dudes were all over adrock and the security was like "back off" when i wanted an autograph from yauch (he was sitting in the front of the car), but yauch was like "no prob., how's it going?" . who the hell knows what i answered :p . all i ever wanted to say to him just disappeared... then adrock&mike also signed and like 5 sec's l8r they drove away.
phew ;).
You got to meet them!? Man am I jealous!

Me and that Finnish guy stayed inside maybe too long then! We waited for tpk for a while and then we goofed around that huge Beastie photo that was in the hall. I took a picture of some of the Norwegians in front of it (they didn't have a flash on their disposable camera, I did. I'll post in on Sure Shots when I can afford to develop the film (I do wish I had a digital camera :rolleyes: )

I did get lowed (is that what you call it?) by both Ad-Rock and my main man MCA!

I'm so happy I got to see this gig, it was all in such a last minute! I was so worried I wouldn't get to see them, cause it was my 13th [!] time to see them live!

alexandra
05-20-2004, 01:59 AM
You got to meet them!? Man am I jealous!

Me and that Finnish guy stayed inside maybe too long then! We waited for tpk for a while and then we goofed around that huge Beastie photo that was in the hall. I took a picture of some of the Norwegians in front of it (they didn't have a flash on their disposable camera, I did. I'll post in on Sure Shots when I can afford to develop the film (I do wish I had a digital camera :rolleyes: )

I did get lowed (is that what you call it?) by both Ad-Rock and my main man MCA!

I'm so happy I got to see this gig, it was all in such a last minute! I was so worried I wouldn't get to see them, cause it was my 13th [!] time to see them live!

13 times ?! damn, this was my First time !:D and yeah i even got to meet them....but we're all lucky bastards who got to see this gig !

b-grrrlie
05-20-2004, 02:34 AM
It's running late but here is an update;

Well security was tight.. I had to delete the pictures I took with my digicam..

But thanks to the fellows over at Runtime Software, I have recovered most of the pics that were deleted. They are of poor quality as I didn't use flash.

Thanks Beasties and MMM for a great concert!! I think the crowd was pretty good.

AM
The magic of computer world :) (read they could fish up all the text messages on this murder case here in Sweden where this minister and the nanny killed his wife)!

I would love to see those pictures!

andersm
05-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Ch-check it out (http://mellbratt.se/bb/bb.html)

The dead picture links will be fixed whenever I have time..

Again, sorry about the quality.

AM

clean
05-20-2004, 05:38 AM
The show was just great, miked was funny as hell with his glasses.

One cool thing was that they had tea on stage :)

tpk
05-20-2004, 06:48 AM
hey just woke up.

mike d had jeans, some tight t-shirt and an orange thin zipper shirt on top of that..and the funky glasses..really looked like something run dmc would have worn in 87

adrock had baggy jeans and a black leTigre shirt..funny hair

yauch had dark blue/grey pants with same color on the Champion sweatshirt..

can't remember the setlist..but like

1. Mix Master Mike Intro
2. Root Down
3. Sure Shot
4. Time To Get Ill
5. Tripple Trouble
6. Body Movin'
7. So What'cha Want
8. Posse In Effect
9. An Open Letter To NYC
10. Shake Your Rump
11. Three MC's And One DJ
12. Ch-Check It Out
-ENCORE-
13. Intergalactic

not positive that was it though. anyway they seemed to have a good time..talked to them afterwards and the only thing they thought was weird was that the crowd wasn't all that "active"..and they apparantly been doing nterviews for two days basically so there should be a lot of material coming soon..

and mike doesn't feel comfortable reading the board cause the shit in here is too harsh and you get scared reading it..i can imagine..yauch agreed.

peace

cj hood
05-20-2004, 08:02 AM
One cool thing was that they had tea on stage :)

was the tea in 40oz. bottles.......whats up with mike and yauch being scared of us?!!!???!

Trond E
05-20-2004, 08:13 AM
No, it was cups of tea that was brought on stage before MMM came on.

The set list was more like this:

MMM Intro
Root Down
Sure Shot
Triple Trouble
Time To Get Ill
Body Movin'
3 MCs & 1 DJ
An Open Letter
So What'cha Want
Posse In Effect
Shake Your Rump
Ch-Check It Out
Intergalactic

exar
05-20-2004, 08:28 AM
hey just woke up.

mike d had jeans, some tight t-shirt and an orange thin zipper shirt on top of that..and the funky glasses..really looked like something run dmc would have worn in 87

adrock had baggy jeans and a black leTigre shirt..funny hair

yauch had dark blue/grey pants with same color on the Champion sweatshirt..

can't remember the setlist..but like

1. Mix Master Mike Intro
2. Root Down
3. Sure Shot
4. Time To Get Ill
5. Tripple Trouble
6. Body Movin'
7. So What'cha Want
8. Posse In Effect
9. An Open Letter To NYC
10. Shake Your Rump
11. Three MC's And One DJ
12. Ch-Check It Out
-ENCORE-
13. Intergalactic

not positive that was it though. anyway they seemed to have a good time..talked to them afterwards and the only thing they thought was weird was that the crowd wasn't all that "active"..and they apparantly been doing nterviews for two days basically so there should be a lot of material coming soon..

and mike doesn't feel comfortable reading the board cause the shit in here is too harsh and you get scared reading it..i can imagine..yauch agreed.

peace

got it recorded ?

tpk
05-20-2004, 08:44 AM
whats up with mike and yauch being scared of us?!!!???!well take a guess! i just saw yauch reading a post a few days ago where someone said the beasties are sick cunts.. :confused:

but anyway the performance was special.

funny parts:

mike's entrance with the glasses
mike's comments about the glasses
yauch's spotting of the sabotage dude
mike feeling exhausted and lying and sitting on stage several times
mike's fuck up with adding his third verse on 3mc's on the second part of the song as en extra..and then doing it again on its actual place..started laughing
fuck up in so what'cha want and mike forgot what his verse was..so he went over to adrock and asked and adrock didn't know..told mike to ask yauch..and it took like at least 1½ minute before they started rapping again..

etc etc

paulb
05-20-2004, 08:53 AM
sounds very good!!! id love to hear a bootleg!

cj hood
05-20-2004, 09:54 AM
well take a guess! i just saw yauch reading a post a few days ago where someone said the beasties are sick cunts.. :confused:

but anyway the performance was special.

funny parts:

mike's entrance with the glasses
mike's comments about the glasses
yauch's spotting of the sabotage dude
mike feeling exhausted and lying and sitting on stage several times
mike's fuck up with adding his third verse on 3mc's on the second part of the song as en extra..and then doing it again on its actual place..started laughing
fuck up in so what'cha want and mike forgot what his verse was..so he went over to adrock and asked and adrock didn't know..told mike to ask yauch..and it took like at least 1½ minute before they started rapping again..

etc etc

well that "sick cunts" comment is uncalled for, but i think they're strong enough to read some constructive criticism.......i think they can learn alot from the boards......especially from the long time fans and those who enjoy remixing their work......

as far as that show goes.........maybe IT was a good idea to start in Europe.......get those mistakes outta there systems.........

exar
05-20-2004, 09:57 AM
started laughing

like in Root Down in Englad ? It was pretty funny :D

tpk
05-20-2004, 12:34 PM
like in Root Down in Englad ? It was pretty funny :Dhah yeah like that :)

exar
05-20-2004, 12:42 PM
hah yeah like that :)

:)

yo that's not the only one question I asked :)

alexandra
05-20-2004, 12:54 PM
talked to them afterwards and the only thing they thought was weird was that the crowd wasn't all that "active"..
i would almost describe it as 'dead' :p

exar
05-20-2004, 12:57 PM
I can't belive reading thing like that, but maybe this is somekind of shock I've necer seen them live so who know

Tompz
05-20-2004, 12:59 PM
too many record industry / press-people i guess, people at the front seemed to enjoy it including me.. to many wannabees overall, still awsome!

tpk
05-20-2004, 01:25 PM
who was that norweigan guy waving that bboys poster and screaming through out the show?

ajm27
05-20-2004, 03:33 PM
too many record industry / press-people i guess, people at the front seemed to enjoy it including me.. to many wannabees overall, still awsome!

To many wannabees, thats Stockholm in a nut shell, the same people that were there, think that NERD are the most talented rap group ever.

tpk
05-20-2004, 06:29 PM
when we stood in the line i think i saw tpk smokin on the other side of the way...?yeah that was probably me. a lot of people in that line looked strangely at me..probably just my imagination though..

redeamer
05-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Does anyone have any audio recordings of that gig? I'm mostly interested in "an open letter to NYC" I have not yet heard that.

Redeamer

Trond E
05-21-2004, 01:17 AM
I was this close | <---> | from recording it. But I didn't take the chance getting kicked out or something. I decided to enjoy the show to the fullest rather than standing still, trying to hide the mic and get a good recording.

ZTV Sweden recorded the show, and both ZTV Sweden and ZTV Norway will air the concert around June 10th.

maestro
05-21-2004, 04:44 AM
Do you know if they plan to air the whole concert, or maybe just one song or something?

Trond E
05-21-2004, 05:36 AM
The whole concert.

meesterdavy
05-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Can someone tape this concert please and share it!
The beastie fans will love you forever!!!

andersm
05-21-2004, 09:18 AM
I just uploaded the rest of the pictures, so check out
http://mellbratt.se/bb/bb.html
for the update.

I have no problem with others using my pictures, and if you want to give me credit that's cool. Just use Andersm on the beastie boys message board or something. Wouldn't want my email address to be floating around the net.

As for the crowd being lame, I can't say I noticed too much lameness in the front. I thought the show was great and being recognized by the beasties was an extra bonus!!

AM

tpk
05-21-2004, 09:51 AM
you can see me on those pictures. peace.

b-grrrlie
05-21-2004, 01:08 PM
and I've put some pics on the Sure Shot -thread with Sthlm photos

romanpetr
05-22-2004, 03:51 AM
I was this close | <---> | from recording it. But I didn't take the chance getting kicked out or something. I decided to enjoy the show to the fullest rather than standing still, trying to hide the mic and get a good recording.

ZTV Sweden recorded the show, and both ZTV Sweden and ZTV Norway will air the concert around June 10th.

I hope that when it will happen,somebody 'll record this show.

romanpetr
05-22-2004, 03:53 AM
I just uploaded the rest of the pictures, so check out
http://mellbratt.se/bb/bb.html
for the update.

I have no problem with others using my pictures, and if you want to give me credit that's cool. Just use Andersm on the beastie boys message board or something. Wouldn't want my email address to be floating around the net.

As for the crowd being lame, I can't say I noticed too much lameness in the front. I thought the show was great and being recognized by the beasties was an extra bonus!!

AM

(y) Great pictures, Andersm!

TAL
05-26-2004, 01:21 PM
did you guys see a wack girl with a black cap :rolleyes:.? Yes I did :D

I'm finally back home again. Just wanna say hi to tpk, cAm, b-grrrlie and andersm. Hi!

b-grrrlie
05-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Yes I did :D

I'm finally back home again. Just wanna say hi to tpk, cAm, b-grrrlie and andersm. Hi!
Hi!

Hope you enjoyed your stay ;) !

tpk
05-26-2004, 06:12 PM

hey hey! it was cool meeting you :)

slop
05-28-2004, 12:39 PM

I think that it is June the 11th that ZTV will air the concert...

cAm
05-28-2004, 02:40 PM

Hi TAL!

it was a nice gig!
hope you had fun!!

TAL
05-28-2004, 02:54 PM
I did!

tpk
05-28-2004, 06:09 PM
http://www.ztv.se/index.phtml?page_type=document&document=47123&chart=361150

only a 30 min show

andersm
05-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Hehe..

I'm still floating around on my little cloud..

Trying to figure out how I can record the show on ZTV.

AM

slop
06-11-2004, 01:31 PM
OK I just saw and taped the show on ZTV, the weather was like shitt and I thought that the power would go out but it didn't...
here is the songs that were aired:

Rot down
Sure shot
Time to get Ill
Body Movin'
Three MC's and one DJ
Ch Check it out
Intergalactic

Tomorow I will try to get it from the tape, to the computer
how I don't know but I guess I figur it out.... some time...

andersm
06-11-2004, 01:37 PM
I have a DVB recording on the way. Not 100% sure it works out though.

Yeah, and I look forward to seeing it.. Don't have the channel at my parents place..

AM

slop
06-11-2004, 01:40 PM
AM
let us know if it works!

alexandra
06-11-2004, 01:48 PM
watching the gig on tv was cool...being there was cooler ; )

slop
06-11-2004, 01:55 PM
I bet it was!
on tv the beats sounded like they played it low, how was it live?

andersm
06-11-2004, 01:58 PM
If you mean sound volume, it wasn't very loud.. I put in ear plugs before the show, but when they started I took them out because it wasn't too loud.

AM

slop
06-11-2004, 02:06 PM
ye, you could hear the beats in the background like really low, but the lyrics volume sounded good...

b-grrrlie
06-11-2004, 05:37 PM
watching the gig on tv was cool...being there was cooler ; )
:D

Unbelievable that they've bleeped all the fuck's!

Spotted at least tpk and myself in the audience (well you can't miss me, the short and fat female right at the front :rolleyes: ) and AdRock lowes me in the beginning of Time to get Ill!

I just wished the cameramen were a bit more familiar who raps which part, they can't keep up the pace! They've used at least five cameras and still they miss some! It was the same with the '95 concert they showed on ZTV yonks ago.

tpk
06-11-2004, 07:11 PM
i recorded it. i'm actually trying to figure out now what to do with a 2.8 GB mpeg2 file..trying to convert it somehow..and then i'm gonna edit out commercial and shit. tried doing this with adobe premiere but since it was a 2.8 gb file the software swiped all my memory..and when i was done editing and was gonna encode it it told me to wait 6 hours to get it done!

so yeah any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

TAL
06-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Send it to me!

I can do it.

Tompz
06-12-2004, 06:41 AM
taped it, will watch it later

hc_jose
06-12-2004, 11:13 AM
I'd appreciate it, if someone would send this one for me too. It would be nice to spot myself from the crowd. After all, I was going nuts in the first row. :)

b-grrrlie
06-12-2004, 02:55 PM
ZTV will be showing it again on Thursday at 19.30.

hc_jose
06-13-2004, 03:28 AM
Hah, I already knew that. The problem is, that ZTV can't be seen on Finland.. or at least in my home town.

b-grrrlie
06-13-2004, 05:49 AM
Hah, I already knew that. The problem is, that ZTV can't be seen on Finland.. or at least in my home town.
Jos ois mitään vaihtokamaa niin voisin tehdä kopion :D

@water
06-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Jag tyckte det var jävligt dåligt av ZTV att klippa bort så mycket och bara visa runt 15min! Allt det roliga som man hade sett fram emot att få se igen var ju borta. (Jag menar deras mellansnack osv) Och intervjun kunde verkligen ha skippat, det var ju skitkass... killen var inte ett dugg förberedd eller insatt och frågar dom om de bor i New York!?? :confused:
Synd att ZTV skulle misslyckas så totalt med en sån här grej, det kunde ju ha blivit ett riktigt bra program :(
Jaja, det var ju iof rätt kul att se Mike tappa bort sig helt i 3 MC's & 1 DJ...

Sorry for the swedish, but I was a little bit upset :p

alexandra
06-13-2004, 11:14 AM
håller med, det r så jävla typiskt...(n):p det som hände mellan låtarna var nästan det roligaste...; mike's flabb attacker (fast dem kom lite här och var), yauch när han visade sasquach dansen, när dem drack te (hmm :p), och när dem bara snackade allmänt. varför visades inte det ...? inte ngn ny låter heller (förutom ccio) :p

Tompz
06-13-2004, 12:34 PM
jo..är glad att de visade nåt överhuvudtaget i och för sig- man kan nästan se hur de lider under ännu en av otaliga pr intervjuer med korkade frågor...

illa att de censurerar svordomar också, vad är vitsen?

tpk
06-13-2004, 02:51 PM
ja jaaaaa!

@water
06-14-2004, 02:43 AM
illa att de censurerar svordomar också, vad är vitsen?
för att alla viasat-kanaler sänder från england. de måste lyda reglerna som finns där, bra för dom för att de kan visa reklam direkt riktad till barn (som är olagligt i sverige) - dåligt för dem för att de bl.a. måste censurera engelska svordomar som ingen svensk tar illa upp av :rolleyes:

b-grrrlie
06-14-2004, 03:47 AM
Och jag skulle tro att anledningen för att dom inte visade nya låtar (liksom dom inte fick spela dom på engelsk radio) är för copyright skäl, att dom skulle inte få "airas" tills skivan är släppt.

och stämmer med Alexandra, det skulle ha varit roligt och se igen alla dessa mellangrejer :D , men antagligen det skulle ha blivit för dyrt för ZTV (skulle tro det kostar si o så många kronor/minut och broadcasta) och ointressant för icke-initierade ;)
Men det var ju definitivt roligare än Seinfeld!

tpk
06-14-2004, 08:50 AM
if anyone's interested in seeing the stockholm video in divx, svcd whatever let me know and give me some good advice of what software to use to re-encode the file? cause i have the shit in great quality on a 2.8gb file. just gotta make it smaller.

peace.

minton
06-14-2004, 07:43 PM
if anyone's interested in seeing the stockholm video in divx, svcd whatever let me know and give me some good advice of what software to use to re-encode the file? cause i have the shit in great quality on a 2.8gb file. just gotta make it smaller.

peace.

Sheesh, ja. I'll help you out on Wednesday. Add it to the list of things we've got to do then :).