PDA

View Full Version : Beasties In Toronto June 10th??

sugaplumfairy
05-20-2004, 11:03 AM
I was browsing a clothing stores website, and came across them giving away tickets to see the B boys, June 10th, here in Toronto....first I have heard of them being here, and I also looked on ticketmaster...no such concert...is this a joke??

http://www.bluenotesjeans.com/html/sign_up_concert/list_beastie.php

brooklyndust
05-20-2004, 12:10 PM
this looks legit

I am going to see the boys in toronto this summer by any means necissary!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paulb
05-20-2004, 12:23 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!

MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!! YES!!!! HAPPIEST FUCKIN GUY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

i signed up to win for Vancouver Aug 16th!!! i think ill win!

but by going to this concert,i wont be going to see Ozzfest in St. Louis on Aug 12th... no Black Sabbath or Slayer.... but shit!! id kill for the beasties!!

exar
05-20-2004, 12:32 PM
no Black Sabbath or Slayer.... but shit!! id kill for the beasties!!

so you like hip-hop and metal ?
I got metal friends who says that hip-hop is the biggest crap ever but I guess they think like that mostly because of those commercial suckers and Polish rappers who often just read their lyrics over the beats, lol!

I was on metal concerts few times and it was fun i must admit I liked this thing we call "młyn" when people look like they're fighting but they actually just push each other :)

paulb
05-20-2004, 12:35 PM
DUDE, EXAR, IM FUCKIN FREAKIN OUT!!!! ID GIVE UP OZZFEST FOR BEASTIE BOYS!!! IVE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT SEEING THE BEASTIES FOR 7 YEARS... i have to give up Black Sabbath who i was fuckin dying to see for them, but thats ok with me...

exar
05-20-2004, 12:40 PM
I understand that :) I would sell my house if I could to see Beasties :D I was really thinking of sneaking out to Paris but then I thought that it would be really fucked up back in Poland :D

paulb
05-20-2004, 12:43 PM
dude, are u happy for me or what... finally a 6 year wait... i discovered the beasties when i was 11... i lived in Peru for 5 years... then i moved to Van in 01 and u know, they havent come on tour.. so now this is my first chance!! so, fuck my St. Louis trip, im staying home for my boys!!!!!

exar
05-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Have fun!!! Show people what it means to be BB fan!

GrapeApe
05-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Now I can plan my summer!

June 10th isn't too far away...I wonder when tickets will go on sale.

There has to be a Montreal show too but it is probably just being promoted by a Quebec sponsor.

I was planning a trip to Vancouver this summer anyway so it looks like I'll be there for the 16th of August now.

dirtydan11
05-20-2004, 01:16 PM
This can't be the tour man! Why the fuck would Bluenotes know about it before us? And why only 2 weeks notice? Maybe private gigs? I hope my only chance of going isn't entering a draw (only 4 pairs of tickets) What's going on Minton?

GrapeApe
05-20-2004, 01:18 PM
I do find it unfortunate that we have to find out about stuff like this from other sites.

BeastieBoys.com should give us the scoop before anyone else.

Where are the membership privileges?

sugaplumfairy
05-20-2004, 01:21 PM
I have looked Ticketmaster up and down, no word of it, House of Blues...no word either...every freaking concert venue in Toronto....NOTHING! I have this sneaky feeling its a Private Show...and I will have to win those damn tickets! I even looked on Radio Station Websites..nada!

dirtydan11
05-20-2004, 01:37 PM
well there's gotta be other ways to get them. otherwize there would only be 8 ppl going to the show. I'm going down to Bluenotes now to see if they know anything. As for radio around here I bet Edge102 would sponsor it. We'll get to the bottom of this GrapeApe! ;)

sugaplumfairy
05-20-2004, 01:40 PM
well there's gotta be other ways to get them. otherwize there would only be 8 ppl going to the show. I'm going down to Bluenotes now to see if they know anything. As for radio around here I bet Edge102 would sponsor it. We'll get to the bottom of this GrapeApe! ;)

Edge has nothing about it on their site, I checked that first. I am going to Bluenotes downtown in a couple minutes, so I will see if they can tell me anything!

GrapeApe
05-20-2004, 01:42 PM
I've been scouring the internet too and can find no other info.

I can't even find contest details for the Bluenotes giveaway.

The dates are curious...why would the Toronto one be so soon and the other so far away?

My suspiction is that the T.O. show might be similar to the 3 promo shows over the weekend with a full tour stop still to come in August.

SoundScientist
05-20-2004, 01:42 PM
did anyone notice the link to the rules and regulations is empty?

weird....

MINTON seriously! Help us out here. I have nothing but respect for you administrators but I come here to find out about the beasties..I shouldn't have to be browsing clothing stores and such to learn when their concerts are...if I miss a nearby concert simply because I was not informed about it in due time to get a ticket...
I'm gonna cry...alot.
I've never seen them live and it would suck to miss out on this opportunity. It means so much to me that I see the Beasties this summer...
PLEASE....KEEP US INFORMED!
I mean common...whats the worse that can happen? I'll buy a ticket and the beasties will get money. fuck.

GrapeApe
05-20-2004, 01:48 PM
I am beginning to wonder about this place too.

It seems to be more of a Beastie support group than a fan board.

Why can't we get our info from here for once?

And why haven't I received a single 'update email' about changes to the site.

The album drops in less than a month and still the site is not up and running fully.

I WANT to give the Beasties my money! Please help me do so.

sugaplumfairy
05-20-2004, 01:48 PM
ok I have called 2 of their stores, they have no idea what I am talking about, and told me to call the head office, which I did, and the receptionist sounded jumpy and forwarded me to marketing where no one answered!! ARGH!

I just posted this to begin with, because it startled me..not to get everyones hopes up, so don't blame me if this is not acurate info...heck i got it the same way you all did, by chance!

GrapeApe
05-20-2004, 02:09 PM
IT's GONE!!!

The Bluenotes page with the tour dates has disappeared.

Methinks someone screwed up and released it too early.

The plot thinkens...

sugaplumfairy
05-20-2004, 02:12 PM
whoops! I guess my big find, got Bluenotes in big shit! thats too much! No wonder head office almost had a shit when I asked!

GrapeApe
05-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Someones in trouble....

sugaplumfairy
05-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Soo weird! Why post it and then take it down?!

Cleetis
05-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Any conspiracy theories to what all this means then?

dirtydan11
05-20-2004, 02:17 PM
I am going to sue them for false advertising. I went to their shitty website, and entered their contest. They better buy me a pair of Beastie Boy tickets for the TO show or I'll be pissed. :mad: :mad:

BeastieBoys.com
05-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Yeah, um, here's the deal.

We have no idea what these people are talking about. There are no shows scheduled for Canada at this time. We talked to the head of that company and had them pull that contest down, and yes we were angry too.

SORRY FOLKS.

sugaplumfairy
05-20-2004, 02:46 PM
So that has nothing to do with Beastie Boys at all? What jackasses...we could get them in alot of shit for that lil stunt! Thats false advertising!

DandyFop
05-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Crazy, Vegas on the 9th, Toronto the 10th, Cali the 11th? The boys will be tired.

But if it is true, congrats Paulb! That's how I was up untill last year, and then I finally finally got to see them! It's such a great experience, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Cleetis
05-20-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm guessing they are going to be a part of the Warped Tour Canadian Dates.

Here are my reasons.
1. Beastie Boys are mentioned as a coming attraction on the bluenotes website.
2. Bluenotes is promoting the Warped Tour
3. The dates for Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, do not pose a problem with their current scheduled dates.

TUE - 7/13 - Vancouver, BC
Thunderbird Stadium
THU - 7/15 - Calgary, AB
Race City SpeedwSAT
8/14 - Toronto, ON
TBA

What do you think?

sugaplumfairy
05-20-2004, 03:02 PM
I thought that when I called Bluenotes, because the guy said does it have anything to do with the Warped Tour, but then he said he had no info on the BBoys coming, and it probley was posted on the site today...after the Webmaster has said they didn't even know about it, I have my doubts..but if they were contacted by BBoy Managment, why would it still say ANYTHING in relation to the Boys??

sugaplumfairy
05-20-2004, 03:07 PM
And after I hit send, all mention of Beasties has been taken off their site...great! So...no now I don't think they would be on the warped tour..and now I am pissed with Bluenotes, and have emailed them.

brooklyndust
05-20-2004, 04:13 PM
if they do stop in Toronto i will do anything to see them

I have not seen them live yet and I have to see them before I die or before they get any older

if this is real I will get a fucking bus drive from windsor all the way to toronto, picking up all the rest of the diehard beastie fans like me in southewestern ontario

Aaggggggghhhhhhhh shit!

paulb
05-20-2004, 04:17 PM
anyone live here in Vancouver on the Boards???

madizm
05-20-2004, 04:34 PM
I entered this fucking contest when this thread first started and if it's all a scam then Bluenotes is going to have hell to pay!!!

You don't fuck with me when it comes to the BBoys ... seriously. It's like telling me I've won a million dollars and then taking it away.

TommyD
05-20-2004, 05:48 PM
The dates are curious...why would the Toronto one be so soon and the other so far away?

The dates for Warped Tour are set to make sense geographically so the Vancouver show is at the same time as the other western shows and Toronto is at the same time as other eastern shows.

Peace

TommyD
05-20-2004, 07:53 PM

level32
06-01-2004, 07:13 AM
They're playing at the MuchMusic Video Awards. That's why they're in T.O.

Who knows... maybe you might get jammed.

Scooch
06-01-2004, 05:37 PM
JUN.09 - LAS VEGAS, NV

JUN.11 - MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA

Would they really travel to Los Vegas, Toronto, then Mountain View all back to back?