PDA

View Full Version : Paris reviews???

Laver1969
05-21-2004, 06:51 PM
I'd love to hear about the gig from anyone that attended. Setlist, energy level, crowd response...any other special/interesting information. Thanks.

eboudrant
05-22-2004, 02:19 AM
This is a great show in a little place, no instrument, only MMM. I dont remember the set list but :

Sure shot
Root Down
So What'cha Want
Intergalactic
Body Movin
1 new song from the next album, a bomb ! (not CH-CHECK IT OUT, another)
Of course CH-CHECK IT OUT
3 MC and 1 DJ
And I dont remember the rest.

The energy level is heavy ! The Beastie Boys tell us to dance, not to pogo ;)
Adam Y drink tea !
The show was filmed, 5-6 camera and a bit regie truck on the streer
And anybody can pick a CH-CHECK IT OUT promo vinyl and the end of the show.

c etait de la bombe !

eboudrant
05-22-2004, 02:24 AM
Oh, I forget, following the beastie boys query, this was a non smoking concert, very impressive, nobody smoke (only few poeple addicted to grass;) !

tha funk freaka
05-22-2004, 03:11 AM
damn !! seems it was great. i'll catch'em when they touring,no doubt !

romanpetr
05-22-2004, 03:26 AM

That's great! I think they will put out new videoclip,like a live stuff.

Taco Zip
05-22-2004, 04:09 AM

Dude seriously? :eek:
Awesome!

Matth
05-22-2004, 04:36 AM
My first Beastie Boys show !! That was short but great !

The setlist was ( I' m not sure about the order ) :

-MMM Intro
-Sure Shot
-Root Down
-New song ( very good ! )
-Time To Get Ill
-Body Movin'
-Possee In Effect
-Pass The Mic
-Shake Your Rump
-New song
-So What' Cha Want
-Three MC's and One DJ
-Ch-Check It Out
Encore :
-Intergalactic

b-grrrlie
05-22-2004, 04:40 AM
This is a great show in a little place, no instrument, only MMM. I dont remember the set list but :

Sure shot
Root Down
So What'cha Want
Intergalactic
Body Movin
1 new song from the next album, a bomb ! (not CH-CHECK IT OUT, another)
Of course CH-CHECK IT OUT
3 MC and 1 DJ
And I dont remember the rest.

The energy level is heavy ! The Beastie Boys tell us to dance, not to pogo ;)
Adam Y drink tea !

c etait de la bombe !
EVERYBODY got a promocopy? :eek: and in vinyl! :eek: :eek:

I hope somebody can stream this one as well!

It was a non-smoking event in Sthlm as well. They drink tea to keep their throats in condition (I would've needed some! Goodness my throat was sore after trying to sing along to everybody's rhymes!)

krisisirk
05-22-2004, 04:54 AM
I went to the show... but it wasn't quite what I expected. We almost got killed getting tickets, who was the friggin' idiot with the idea of only selling 1000 tickets and putting an ad in the paper??? It was a nightmare at Bastille, but we got through it... Anyways, the show was really improvised, like if the BB where trying something new or just plain fooling around. It was like a live rehearsal, actually.
It started with half an hour (!!) of BB's videos, without any music or sound!!! So you're standing there like an idiot, whatching Intergalatic and stuff and not being able to even listen to the darn thing. What was the point of that??? Anyways, MixMasterMike comes on and starts rippin' some serious scratches, all's cool, and then the show started, frenzy in the audience. The songs go basically along the lines mentioned above, but check it out: Adam Yauch looked really bad, man. Dude can bearly move!!! He was having a hard time up there, looking tired, sleepy and having a hard time rapping and even moving about. No problem, AdRock and Mike secured the set with a lot of energy. But, what the hell, half way through, the guys started to improvise and it really screwed up, Adam missing his cue, AdRock not even managing to rhyme his verse and laughing all the way through. They even stopped the music and apologized. What the hell, still a BB show, right? Think again: after bearly 55 minutes on stage, the guys leave!!!! Wassup with that??? After hollering like mad, we get an encore, "Intergalactic"... And nothing else... great. I know you can't expect a lot from a ticket at 17 Euros, but seriously, between the laughing, the missed cues, the wacky mute videos for half an hour and the abridged show (no "Sabotage" by the way, barely "Sure Shot" from Ill C.) of just under an hour, please guys.
I must say I was a bit dissapointed. Good spirit, good music, but really not a tight "show", yet.

redeamer
05-22-2004, 04:56 AM
Promo vinyl :eek: that's what they only do in france, like the In sounds from way out limited edition cd, only handed out to the fench fanclub, limited to twohundred copies only! Why no in the Netherlands?
Is the 12" the same version that is on ebay all the time?

Redeamer

damodafoca
05-22-2004, 05:15 AM
it was supposed to be a show case of 35 minutes! finally it was about 55 ...

so , for the vynil , i saw 2 guiuys with it later in the night .I don't know where we could chek them out ...sic

damodafoca
05-22-2004, 05:17 AM
causons francais= le concert a tout de même duré 20 mns d eplus que ce qui était prévu ; c quand même pas mal .

C'ets vrai que l'arret de SHAKE YOUR RUMP était un peu abusé tout de même . enfin bon ...

Pour le vynil , je sais pas ou on pouvait le chopper , je suis un peu dégouté par rapport a ca .
mais c'était une excellente soirée .

paul jones
05-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Glad the Paris people had a good time!

Tea DOES help the throat

AND

don't worry about the length of the show, it's a warm up for the tour

nib
05-22-2004, 05:55 AM
does anyone have any pics?
or know where i can find some?
thanks.

eboudrant
05-22-2004, 06:03 AM
does anyone have any pics?
or know where i can find some?
thanks.

Don t worry, the concert was filmed ;)
Wait for the DVD or the TV broadcast...

BTW: Some people take photos but the security take the cameras !

damodafoca
05-22-2004, 06:06 AM
no pics! security killed all the guys who had a camera!

tha funk freaka
05-22-2004, 09:23 AM
anyone could describe the new songs ? how where they ?

Brik@Brak
05-22-2004, 11:49 AM
the new songs are perfect to shake your
body in concert especially "triple trouble"!

Razoumikhine
05-22-2004, 12:21 PM
It was a great show, all the songs I expected to be played were there.

Once more MMM proved well he's the number ONE DJ, scratching with his elbows.

I was at about 1 or 2 metres of the scene (about 6 feet), and I enjoyed unleached Beasties during nearly one hour.

The new songs look god damn great and had this new style you can here in ch-check it out. Be prepared for a frikin' miraculous album (I fucking hope so).

hipop
05-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Paris gig review (in french) :

http://www.foutraque.com/chronique_concert.php?id=874

alexandra
05-22-2004, 02:26 PM
a little help with translation please :cool:

Trond E
05-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Promo vinyl :eek: that's what they only do in france, like the In sounds from way out limited edition cd, only handed out to the fench fanclub, limited to twohundred copies only! Why no in the Netherlands?
Is the 12" the same version that is on ebay all the time?

Redeamer

I've seen pictures of the promovinyl that was given out and they are the same found on eBAy.

The norwegian fans that won tickets to the Stockholm gig (including me :) ) got a plastic bag filled with stickers, promo vinyls and CDs.

The french showcase sounds just like the other gigs. I love it when they screw up and just goof around. It gives the show character. (y)

xavito
05-22-2004, 04:06 PM
no pics! security killed all the guys who had a camera!

I took 2 or 3 pics, much less security than in London!

b-grrrlie
05-22-2004, 04:43 PM
The norwegian fans that won tickets to the Stockholm gig (including me :) ) got a plastic bag filled with stickers, promo vinyls and CDs.

unfair :(

I took 2 or 3 pics, much less security than in London!
Can you post those somewhere?

laura
05-23-2004, 04:54 AM
anyone could describe the new songs ? how where they ?
i think it was onr of the two red spot...

tha funk freaka
05-23-2004, 04:56 AM
i think it was onr of the two red spot...

translation please ?!

laura
05-23-2004, 05:01 AM
I was on the first row on the right side!! :eek:

I touched AdamH hand when everybody payed attention for him ad they were watching mike/adam singin, so I was the only one with the hands up!!

AAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

I just have one pic, when I saw the faster dj of the world..then I had a security mountain in front of me... :cool:

mike was wearing the hat he had during MTV NL interview and sunglasses.
he lent the glasses to AdamH and at the beginnin of 3mc and 1dj he standed in the middle and he was like a model...like : hey, I am cool!
too funny!!!

what else?
AdamH was wearing red socks!! :cool:

a guy jumped on the floor, he was in front of me (so I got the first row) and they stopped the music.

laura
05-23-2004, 05:03 AM
translation please ?!
last sat there were two red spot on the home page and you were allowed to listen to two new songs. I think it was one of them..

tha funk freaka
05-23-2004, 05:39 AM
oh ok ! cant we listen to them anymore ?

tha funk freaka
05-23-2004, 06:27 AM
i just saw a video clip of "that's it" live in japan. the song is bangin !! im hyped up for the new album now.

fonky pizza
05-23-2004, 11:38 AM
C'était GENIAL!!!!
The show was really intense.
The crowd was happy to see the boys back. We danced and jumped like crazy! It was great fun! It was long enough to shake jump and get soaked in sweat! I still have a little tension in abdominal muscles and maybe tomorrow I'll find my voice back! ;)
MCA is super cool, Mike D rocks, AdRock is the show man and Mix master is the serial wax killer!
Triple trouble is guaranteed to make your body rock (y)

dee_bee_76
05-23-2004, 11:46 AM
i just saw a video clip of "that's it" live in japan.

- where?? is it online anywhere??

tha funk freaka
05-23-2004, 02:19 PM
i just found it on kazaa,i didnt even know the song,it's dope !! hopefully you'll find it. otherwise i can give it to you by msn if you want.

romanpetr
05-23-2004, 02:31 PM
i just saw a video clip of "that's it" live in japan.

- where?? is it online anywhere??

You could to get it on Beastie Boys hub. Just ask about it at JTCann.

laura
05-24-2004, 03:10 AM
AdamH:

at least you should wear a tshirt!!

:D :D

Top 10
05-24-2004, 03:30 AM
was that the girl that was crowd surfing, and found herself topless ?

laura
05-24-2004, 03:36 AM
no!!
she was wearing a tshirt or something, she wasnt naked!!
bu the color of that was skin color, light brown...so it seemed she was naked!!!

ah, ah!! :D

Top 10
05-24-2004, 04:22 AM
I see...
I think people should all be naked at beastie boys' shows ...
what yall think of that???

laura
05-24-2004, 04:31 AM
at the end of the show i saw lots of boys without tshirt...
it was so hot!!!
I cannot believe it....

damm!

I think everybody should express himself...
but a naked concert sounds too funny!!! :D :D

laura
05-24-2004, 04:32 AM
C'était GENIAL!!!!
The show was really intense.
The crowd was happy to see the boys back. We danced and jumped like crazy! It was great fun!

ameriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fonky pizza
05-24-2004, 06:48 AM
Do you want to be run over by a bulldozzer? :cool:

fonky pizza
05-24-2004, 06:53 AM
I see...
I think people should all be naked at beastie boys' shows ...
what yall think of that???

Yep! And they should install a pool between the stage and the crowd so that people stage dive in the pool, splashing water on the front rows, keeping them fresh and swim back into the crowd from a little canal at the side of the stage.

Oh, we could add some fishes in there too. :)

Top 10
05-25-2004, 02:01 AM
first new song : Rhight Rhight Now Now
second new song : Triple Double

roinou
05-25-2004, 03:23 AM
Great show guys, but not perfect, unfortunatly.
I think the sound wasn't loud enough, sometimes I just couldn't recognize the songs (actually I did after the chorus...). Of course it was a little short, but that was part of the game, I wasn't expecting a longer set, but still, I came back socking wet, two much heat... Waiting 3 hours at Bastille to get 2 tickets really worth it ( it was my first Beastie concert). Ad Rock got confused for a while, some people would say it's a shame, but I think it adds some kind of magic to the show. I don't really like watching perfect organized sets, were a song lasts exacly 2min 3s 524''. I like surprises...

They were giving away promo vinyl?? Where ? Did someone take 2, and could give one to me? :rolleyes:

So good show, really enjoyed it, and I can't wait till the world tour coming to Paris (what about le zenith?)

laura
05-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Ad Rock got confused for a while, some people would say it's a shame, but I think it adds some kind of magic to the show.
yep!!

and when i heard the amsterdam concert I supposed they studied a lot before come in EU!!!

btw, thanks to shake your rump performance the concert has been unique!!

le concert a été super!!
très bien!!

tmbrett
05-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Thank you!

MMM Intro

Not being able to edit posts is lame.

does there wasn't something like a freestyle--- anyway i forgot it , the concert was rocking, and mixmaster mike is unbeliveble...:-)

hope Laura and CO (i lost you when i went to toilet- when i came back the video performance allready started and i tried to get a good place infront of the stage ... on the left...) ----and all of the you had a nice time in Paris like me---- so maybe see you soon on european tour. does anyone know something about pukkelpop or WERCHTER (which was great to see the BEASTIES there, maybe on the last day, so i could also see Bowie and The Cure...) - ........... ANYWAY , let'S dance .... AND if there is somebody who get a "TO-LARGE-TShirt" - and wants to share with me- let me know, i got M , which is to tight for me...

ALL THE BEST ///TMBRETT

fonky pizza
05-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi TMBRET!!

I am glad you could get in!

I was on the left too but not very close to the stage!

The show was great and it was very cool to meet you all.

CIAO!

jimmyjrg
05-29-2004, 05:25 AM
Would someone submit a review to $5 Extra (http://www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys/5dollar/02/contents.htm) email me jimmyjrg@hotmail.com and make the subject Beastie Boys.