5 oz. tomato paste
1/4 tbsp oregeno
1/4 tbsp marjoram
1/4 tbsp basil
Salt TT
pepper TT
clove garlice, fine diced
Parm cheese grated, garnish

put chicken and stock in a pot and get to a boil, then simmer, add mushrooms after first 30 min. after 40 minutes remove chicken, with chicken, remove all meat and shred it, then add it back in with all the herbs and hams, and tomato paste, and cook till done, add noodles if you want to as well. I go to culinary school and I had to find a soup to make a couple weeks ago for production at school and i found this and everyone really liked it, so enjoy.

brooklyn_bred
05-24-2004, 04:39 AM
sounds tasty fo' real..... but i'm too lazy to stand up in front of a hot stove and make soup from scratch so i think i'll stick with my campbell's

spacemonkey
05-24-2004, 04:55 AM
I'm interested in tying it out. For shure!

Sounds like you're the kinda person who might like to try this wild style of Korean chicken soup-samgetang. It's excellent! I make It all the time, I recomend 1 extra ginseng and 10 more jujubes than their recipe.

Here's a site with the specs- http://www.chicken.recipes-to-go.com/Samgyetang__Baby_Chicken___Ginseng_Soup__Corr.html

(y) let me know what you think when you have actually tried it (y)

minton
05-24-2004, 07:35 AM
I'm interested in tying it out. For shure!

Sounds like you're the kinda person who might like to try this wild style of Korean chicken soup-samgetang. It's excellent! I make It all the time, I recomend 1 extra ginseng and 10 more jujubes than their recipe.

Here's a site with the specs- http://www.chicken.recipes-to-go.com/Samgyetang__Baby_Chicken___Ginseng_Soup__Corr.html

(y) let me know what you think when you have actually tried it (y)

Nice, thanks for the recipe link on that one! I remember having samgetang once at a Korean place here and it was pretty damn good. Although I doubt I could cook it. Maybe someday though.

spacemonkey
05-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Nice, thanks for the recipe link on that one! I remember having samgetang once at a Korean place here and it was pretty damn good. Although I doubt I could cook it. Maybe someday though.

yeah respect Minton
:) glad you approve

Dr Sputnik Phd
05-26-2004, 05:02 AM
i was put a load of corn flour in my chicken soup, to thicken it up.

dudeglove
06-27-2004, 05:01 AM
I only really put lentils, split beans and barley as well as salt and pepper in my chicken soup. Thats after letting the bit of chicken leg (or whatever part of it) simmer for about a good 40 minutes to make a decent stock. Its good for winter. Not a summer soup, but then again most soups aren't

jabumbo
06-27-2004, 08:27 PM
seems like a lot of work for chicken soup...i generally make a nice stock with some loose chicken and a boullion cube, along with salt and pepper to taste

ms.peachy
06-28-2004, 06:37 AM
seems like a lot of work for chicken soup...i generally make a nice stock with some loose chicken and a boullion cube, along with salt and pepper to taste

all depends on how 'homemade' you want your homemade soup to be, eh.

during the colder times of the year, I roast a whole chicken most Sundays for dinner. Then Monday evening take off any meat that's left and boil down the carcass to make stock. (Waste not want not, as my old dear grandmother likes to say.) Then Tuesday or Wednesday, I use the stock and meat that's left to make some kind of tasty soup - chicken and rice if there's also leftover rice that needs to get used up, or chicken noodle, or maybe this really nice one I do with coconut milk, jalapeno and pumpkin.