PDA

View Full Version : mmm...game pie

Dr Sputnik Phd
05-25-2004, 01:53 PM
just had a game pie, and i was wondering if u can get it over in the good ol' US of A. I feel sorry for u if u cant.

Cuter than Ione
06-15-2004, 02:18 AM
Never heard of it in the states. What is it and where does it originate?

mp-seventythree
06-15-2004, 07:24 AM
It's a pie made from any or all of the following (and others that I forget) - rabbit, pigeon, pheasant....stuff that people shoot with shotguns.

jabumbo
06-16-2004, 12:13 PM
mince meat pie is awesome...

im a big fan of cherry and lemon merenge pie myself...

ms.peachy
06-18-2004, 03:05 AM
yum, do love a nice game pie. Not really this time of year though; I think of it more as a hearty wintry kind of thing.

I imagine you can get them in the US but overall 'pies' are not a common there as they are here. Chicken pot pie from the freezer, mainly LOL not so much the steak-and-kidney or pork pie kinda stuff. Probably also depends on the region as well.

jabumbo
06-18-2004, 10:15 AM
packaged chicken pot pie is always doomed for a disasterous meal...

ill eat just about anything, and those things are one of the most disgusting things ever...

i had this thing once, where is sort of a pie...a bean/potato/veggie type thing was on the bottom, and it was covered with a thin layer of cornbread...mmm mmmm

ms.peachy
06-19-2004, 06:31 AM
packaged chicken pot pie is always doomed for a disasterous meal...

ill eat just about anything, and those things are one of the most disgusting things ever...

i had this thing once, where is sort of a pie...a bean/potato/veggie type thing was on the bottom, and it was covered with a thin layer of cornbread...mmm mmmm

Oh, was it a packeged thing? Sounds like Annie's Mexcian Pie to me; we used to get them delivered in our food co-op when I lived in the USA.

jabumbo
06-21-2004, 11:21 AM
yeah, the packaged pot pies are horrible...the crust just has no good taste about it, no matter how mch hot sauce you pour on the thing

homemade stuff on the other hand...thats a different story