PDA

View Full Version : Beasties in London

MIKE 2tha D
05-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Any news/chance of the beastie boys doing an england gig somewhere big we can all get tickets? Missed out on the competiton to get the tickets and I really wanna see them live.

Parkey
05-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Any news/chance of the beastie boys doing an england gig somewhere big we can all get tickets? Missed out on the competiton to get the tickets and I really wanna see them live.
they'll do wembley arena on the autumn tour. it's a dead cert!

MIKE 2tha D
05-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Nice :D Thanks for the info man, ill b there with bells on

paul jones
05-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Wembley is an awful place

I hope it's more a smaller venue like Brixton

Parkey
05-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Wembley is an awful place

I hope it's more a smaller venue like Brixton
it'd be nice, but I doubt it. if it's part of the world tour I don't think it'll be anywhere other than arenas.
what do you think?

paul jones
05-25-2004, 03:44 PM
arenas are terrible

the cost is way too high and it's souless

you need a 2000 capacity minimum.

too many people at arenas and they are usually in 'bad areas'..namely...WEMBLEY

MIKE 2tha D
05-25-2004, 03:49 PM
yeah, brixton would be a bit better, but frankly i'll go see the beasties where ever. The Astorias (i think thats how u spell it) is quite a tight place to go to, not in a bad part of london and not huge like wembley. Its been good everytime ive been there

paul jones
05-25-2004, 03:54 PM
yeah, brixton would be a bit better, but frankly i'll go see the beasties where ever. The Astorias (i think thats how u spell it) is quite a tight place to go to, not in a bad part of london and not huge like wembley. Its been good everytime ive been there
The Astoria in 94 was a great night I saw the B Boys.

the highlight was the wig wearing 'EGG MAN' performance

the whole place was going nuts!

Parkey
05-25-2004, 04:09 PM
i could live with the astoria, that'd be a good venue to see them

timmie
05-26-2004, 01:33 PM
It has to be a big enough area for their stage!!.. so the only place would be Wembly. But as I have said before, Milton Keynes Bowl (I know it holds 70,000) but they could play a benefit concert there!!!! like a tibetan gig or something. Eminem and C/hill played there last summer!!

Youngy
05-29-2004, 08:03 AM
How about further up north.. ?

Birmingham NEC Arena... altho The Academy would be good but prob too small

Parkey
05-29-2004, 08:05 AM
How about further up north.. ?

Birmingham NEC Arena... altho The Academy would be good but prob too small
they did the NEC on their last tour and I'm sure they'll do it again

txcany
05-29-2004, 09:07 AM
Does anybody know how a serious OLD SCHOOL beastie fan can get a ticket to this small London gig? I practically grew up with these guys - every cd, dvd, every show I could get tickets to, even a Zildjian drumstick sitting right next to my pc from their green hair Ill Communication show in Tokyo. Now I'm in London - I've got to get in. Any help?

jimmyjrg
05-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Does anybody know how a serious OLD SCHOOL beastie fan can get a ticket to this small London gig? I practically grew up with these guys - every cd, dvd, every show I could get tickets to, even a Zildjian drumstick sitting right next to my pc from their green hair Ill Communication show in Tokyo. Now I'm in London - I've got to get in. Any help?
I could have gotten you one but I'm just not seriously OLD SCHOOL sorry :(

But seriously, they already did the show. Download it and pretend you'r there.

txcany
05-29-2004, 09:28 AM
OK - thanks for the info - it's really too bad I missed it - I'll go to Wembly or wherever they show up but the small venue shows are always the best. Cheers

matt69
07-29-2004, 10:35 AM
To my knowllege The Beasties have never played an Arena in London before other than licenced to ill tour mabe, and I hope that they have'nt sold out in thier old age and start playing them now they suit small venues where they're in touch with thier fans and can feed off the crowds energy.. :D

tpk
07-29-2004, 04:08 PM
To my knowllege The Beasties have never played an Arena in London before other than licenced to ill tour mabe, and I hope that they have'nt sold out in thier old age and start playing them now they suit small venues where they're in touch with thier fans and can feed off the crowds energy.. :Dhmm wembley 99?

timmie
07-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Yes, Wembly 99, The In The Round" tour I have the photos to prove it!! great night as always, kicking off with Time to get ill!!!!