PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver show...?!?

Leviathan
05-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Hello, I'm new (sorta).

I'm wondering about any upcoming or speculative Vancouver BC shows in the summer. I heard through a friend who works with a guy who might know something or something that thinks there is gonna be a show sometime soon in Vancouver, or maybe I'm just getting some ill communications :rolleyes:

anyway, any news would be radical news, thanks yo's

paulb
05-25-2004, 10:54 PM
yey! another Vancouverite!! ya, im from Delta, Bluenotes released some info saying Beasties were playing here Aug 16th.... but appearantly that was fake... i think if it was fake they should be sued... but, im dying to see them... ive been waiting 7 years!!

heidiguns
06-22-2004, 12:35 AM
man, im new too, and i'd LOVE to see thwm in vancouver...
i hope theyre playing here soon!!let me know if you hear anything dudes!
:)

paulb
06-22-2004, 01:36 AM
i can just tell u now... its 100% its either Aug 16th or 17th... you'll see! im pissed cause im gonna be outta town... oh shit man, i wish i wasnt!

heidiguns
06-24-2004, 12:21 PM
woah sweet!!
how do you know that?
could you possibly help me out by telling me which venue or when/where to get tickets??
thanks dude!

paulb
06-24-2004, 02:16 PM
i dont know anything yet, all i know is Seattle Aug 15th is confirmed... so im just putting logic... nothin is set, in the other Canadian tour dates thread, i put my dream tour dates... lol

some_dumb_cop
06-24-2004, 04:00 PM
everyone be on the lookout for ticket info for seattle and vancouver.. ill post if i see anything i want to go to both shows.. no matter the cost..

DaveinVancouver
07-28-2004, 12:57 AM
If you want to catch a bus from Vancouver to Seattle with a bunch of Beasties fans, email me: beastiebus@shaw.ca ! (!)

hereandnow
07-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Yes its official, Im going for sure:

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1489784/20040728/beastie_boys.jhtml?headlines=true

Petriana_Ailsin
07-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Just wondered if anyone saw the Beastie Boys last time they were in town, and if so, what you thought?

paulb
07-30-2004, 01:34 AM
The Fox 99.3 announced Beasties in Vancouver Sept 20th.. more details on Tuesday!!!

Amazed
07-30-2004, 08:07 AM
The Fox 99.3 announced Beasties in Vancouver Sept 20th.. more details on Tuesday!!!

Good for you! All the Radio stations in calgary are a joke and don't even play the beastie boys. So on that I think we are screwed!

We even got some hip hop top forty station that plays eminem and 50 cent but never the beastie boys. :mad:

some_dumb_cop
07-30-2004, 11:27 AM
even when they're jst doing the weather you'll hear like sambrosa in the background..

beastie boys vancouver im excited.. first seattle then hometown, two days in a rowwww yeah

beastiedan
07-30-2004, 03:31 PM
does anyone know what venue it will be at and the capacity... im in winnipeg and i have family in BC so it would be my best opportunity to see the boys other than the twin cities.

paulb
07-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Pacific Coleseum. 17'000 seats... excluding pit

xhale
07-30-2004, 07:11 PM
HELL MUTHA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for way too long.

paulb
07-30-2004, 08:48 PM
my dad said i could go!!!!! yey!!! im seeing them 2x in Vancouver!!! i hope tix go on sale, when im home, and not outta town.

HEIRESS
07-30-2004, 09:20 PM
HELL MUTHA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for way too long.

can I come do some pre-drinking at your house before hand

:D

balohna
07-31-2004, 03:20 AM
september 20th, awesome I'll be front fucking row. let's all show up super early.

DaveinVancouver
08-01-2004, 05:50 AM
Too bad THE FOX is presenting the Beastie Boys. They wouldn't touch them until XFM came along. Now they play them between classic rock and safe "modern rock" cuts. There are radio stations that have been playing the Beasties for 13 years because they're awesome- 1077 the end is one of those stations. If you're in Vancouver, hook your Shaw Cable up and dial in 107.5 cable FM.

Email me with your opinion of the station!

also, If you go to www.1077theend.com, click Personalities, then DJ No Name, you'll find a great Ad Rock interview.

vancouverendlisteners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

:-)

Mungster
08-01-2004, 09:19 AM
The Fox has played the Beatie Boys for as long as I can remember, and I have been listening for at least 10 years.

XFM was the worst thing to happen to Vancouver, as far as radio stations go. Their mix of about 15 songs played over and over, and their idiotic DJs (with the exception of a few) just made for a trashy radio station that catered to 12 and 13 year old kids. I can only take so many fart and poop jokes, and listen to so many people being cut down and ridiculed before I have had enough. All of these things were symbollic to XFM. I was almost glad to see it go.

DaveinVancouver
08-02-2004, 02:25 PM
I don't disagree about XFM at all. ...See what happens when the suits invade and tell us "what the kids want to hear"? Still I know for a fact that The Fox wouldn't touch Beastie Boys (except ONCE as a feature play) until XFM. Also, The Fox hired some of those aforementioned idiotic DJ's... Danger, for example. Hook up your Shaw Cable FM and lock it on 107.5 (107.7 The End). They've made a series of promises to their listeners:
1 Music- It's About The Music

2 We Listen To You- We will listen to our listeners and treat them with respect

3 Artist And Title Of Every Song- we will tell you the title and artist of every song we play

4 Support Local Music - We will support local bands music and shows

5 Never talk over the songs - We will respect the music, the artists and our listeners by never talking over the songs

6 New Music - We will seek out and support new music

7 Knowledgeable deejays - We are dedicated to constantly learning and living the music we choose for you

8 Musical Diversity - We believe in diversity and will be open minded about what music we can play

9 More than just hit singles - We will play any good song on the album, not just the "hit" single

10 Surprise you - We will surprise you with the songs you haven't heard in a while

11 More songs less often - We will play more songs and repeat them more often.
(www.1077theend.com)

Also, i saw (and met) the Beasties at End Fest about 10 years ago. NO Vancouver station played Beastie Boys back then. Last weekend I heard "Shadrach" on 107.7 THE END.

DaveinVancouver
09-21-2004, 04:26 PM
so how was the show? I got stuck at work. I heard all about the Seattle show on KNDD, but what about here? I read stuff in the paper, but I'd rather hear from real people how it was...