PDA

View Full Version : Ch-check it out Torrent!

martijn
05-26-2004, 06:34 PM
http://www.beastieplaza.nl/chcheckitout.avi.torrent

Excellent quality, not a crappy tv recording (y)

And please keep sharing so everybody can have fun of it.

erock
05-26-2004, 06:39 PM
and i can play this file using what program??

martijn
05-26-2004, 06:40 PM
With all regular media players with divx support.

erock
05-26-2004, 06:42 PM
i tried playing it with Divx player, but it didnt work.

says it cant play Torrent files.

martijn
05-26-2004, 06:44 PM
you need a program for it to download the torrent

For example you can use shareaza or just the standard bit torrent program, just look for it on google.com

tpk
05-26-2004, 06:57 PM
download free software

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html

martijn
05-26-2004, 07:00 PM
note: It may be a bit slow to download at first but the more people download the file and keep their torrent open the faster it can be download after a while

paulb
05-26-2004, 07:37 PM
i use ABC, its easy and a good free program... i used to never know how to use a bit torrent, now i use them on a daily bases... i still dont know how to make a bit torrent though...

martijn
05-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Ok the statistics look good

The torrent is running an hour now and we allready have 6 seeders more. Just keep your file and torrent intact and it will be even more later on

erock
05-26-2004, 07:55 PM
38%
45 minutes remaining...

martijn
05-26-2004, 08:00 PM
38%
45 minutes remaining...

It's worth the wait :)

tpk
05-26-2004, 08:26 PM
sorry to say but that version sucked. it's only 36mb? and there were some major digital flaws in it..JS!

erock
05-26-2004, 08:29 PM
so, its worth the wait? or not?

BeastieBoys.com
05-26-2004, 09:01 PM
sorry to say but that version sucked. it's only 36mb? and there were some major digital flaws in it..JS!

I've got the original used to seed, and it is flawless. There are some settings in the DivX player that can make things look better.

Download the free DivX player here:
http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe

And play with the settings after you get the avi file. Should look almost perfect fullscreen. Also depends on your machine.

BeastieBoys.com
05-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Oh also i'm uploading a 220MB version right now. But it's so high quality my machine can't even keep up with it.

paulb
05-26-2004, 09:22 PM
i enjoyed that version.. it was pretty... lol... maybe even better than the v700 from beasties.com

and beastieboys.com how come u never respond to my PMs?

jimmyjrg
05-27-2004, 02:58 AM
Is it better than the 700 version here (http://www.beastieboys.com/cio.html) which is under 30MB?

martijn
05-27-2004, 03:42 AM

Welli think something is wrong with your player cause this version is excellent, check your settings.

And btw 38 mb's for a videoclip of about 3 minutes is a normal size.

But im now gonna seed the 220 mb high defenition version is see its uploaded to my ftp now.

martijn
05-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Oh also i'm uploading a 220MB version right now. But it's so high quality my machine can't even keep up with it.

Thanks, ill make a torrent of it and upload it asap

martijn
05-27-2004, 05:00 AM
I thought that version was excellent quality. Downloaded pretty fast aswell.

Yep i checked the stats again and it has been downloaded many times and a lot of people keep their seeds open (y)

Michelle*s_Farm
05-27-2004, 06:29 AM

Wicked. Looking forward to trying this one out.

BeastieBoys.com
05-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Is it better than the 700 version here (http://www.beastieboys.com/cio.html) which is under 30MB?

Yes. DivX is a higher quality-to-file-size ratio than the quicktime download on that page.

tpk
05-27-2004, 01:40 PM
And btw 38 mb's for a videoclip of about 3 minutes is a normal size.
38 mb's for a 3min clip is not normal these days when it comes to mpg. but i guess this is avi divx. still i have never had issues with playing avi divx files before.

martijn
05-27-2004, 01:42 PM
The high quality version is also up now, you can download both torrents at www.beastieplaza.nl.

p.s. you will need a fast machine to play the big one

BeastieBoys.com
05-27-2004, 01:44 PM
balkenende, we've got a PC running the torrent uploads 24-7 in our office now, but we keep getting timeout error messages... (?) Doesn't seem to effect the upload though (?)

Mr. Boomin'Granny
05-27-2004, 03:03 PM
how do i get it to work?

Mr. Boomin'Granny
05-27-2004, 03:08 PM
nevermind, it's working.

andersm
05-27-2004, 04:55 PM
If you have problems and you are behind a firewall, you should open ports 6969 and 6881, 6882, 6883..

Btw, the HD version is great quality, too bad my computer is too slow.. :(
I look forward to watching it on a big high definition screen some time.

AM

martijn
05-27-2004, 05:04 PM
balkenende, we've got a PC running the torrent uploads 24-7 in our office now, but we keep getting timeout error messages... (?) Doesn't seem to effect the upload though (?)

No prob i got them running on my server to so it won't affect the upload, for the small version there are allready up to 150 seeds so the torrent will stay alive

Niann-Tsyr
05-27-2004, 05:47 PM
I just downloaded the High Definition Divx quality and tried to watch it on Media Player 9. In the beginning of the clip I HEAR the orbing like in Star Trek, but all I SEE is an empty street. Then slowly I saw the "Filmed in Oscilloscope" showing up (here starts the music and singing), that stayed until like 0:30 sec. Then the boys appeared half orbed in. Weird look. And stayed on like 10 sec. So is the encoding bad? Or is the codec I use wrong? I just tried it on Media Player Classic. Same shit. So anybody else having problems with this?

andersm
05-27-2004, 05:49 PM
What are your computer specifications? Sounds to me that it might be a sub-1ghz computer..

Otherwise you could try using FFDSHOW as the decoding filter, it may be less resource-hungry than what you're currently using.

AM

Niann-Tsyr
05-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Have a laptop P4 3.06 Ghz. Shouldn't be a problem. What's this FFDSHOW? Never heard of it.

paulb
05-27-2004, 06:08 PM
ya, i downloaded the vid... and it didnt really work for me.. like the audio was playing, but the screen was black... and then, when i skipped ahead, it frooze... i was usin WInamp... should i use a diff program?

Mr. Boomin'Granny
05-27-2004, 07:43 PM
the 220mb one works mostly for me, allthough it is jumpy and not totally constant.

I have a good enough machine (pent 4 ht 3.2ghz 1g of ram ati9700)

i'm using dvix player to view it.

BeastieBoys.com
05-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Head on over to http://www.divx.com and download the free player. Not the "AD SUPPORTED" one, but below that there is a link to "Standard DivX Codec(FREE)". That one.

Then if you are still having problems, hit the support site:
http://support.divx.com/cgi-bin/divx.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

It plays perfect for me, and this machine is only a 1.6. The DivX player works really nicely, and you can play with the settings to optimize the movie for you machine.

BeastieBoys.com
05-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Just talked to the DivX people. They suggest using Windows Media Player to play the hi def version.

Niann-Tsyr
05-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Just talked to the DivX people. They suggest using Windows Media Player to play the hi def version.

Ok, haven't you read the posts above? -_-

Mr. Boomin'Granny
05-28-2004, 02:33 AM
ya, i downloaded the vid... and it didnt really work for me.. like the audio was playing, but the screen was black... and then, when i skipped ahead, it frooze... i was usin WInamp... should i use a diff program?

i am using winamp 5 and it works just fine. screw the dvix player.

andersm
05-28-2004, 02:44 AM
FFDSHOW (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow) is a decoding filter for xvid, divx and some mpeg files. It also has a bunch of postprocessing options.

No with a 3 ghz it shouldn't be a problem.

valvano
05-28-2004, 06:23 AM
i am reading this thread from my office (using a winders machine) but I have an iMac at home....

is this all Mac compatible???

splatter-house
05-28-2004, 11:09 AM
http://www.beastieplaza.nl/chcheckitout.avi.torrent

Excellent quality, not a crappy tv recording (y)

And please keep sharing so everybody can have fun of it.

On one hand it's cool that this is being officiallu put out, but on the other hand it's totally lame that the website admin/owners can't even be bothered to host it on their own site and have to get fans to host and work out the technicalities of torrents.

minton
05-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Definitely use Windows Media Player with the DivX codecs for the 220MB version. Not Winamp or the DivX player. You might still have issues though; it does eat RAM/processing power like your mom eats pringles, so it might lag a little.

apocalidiot
05-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Believe it or not, I haven't seen a really good version of it.
Love it.

BeastieBoys.com
05-28-2004, 09:04 PM
On one hand it's cool that this is being officiallu put out, but on the other hand it's totally lame that the website admin/owners can't even be bothered to host it on their own site and have to get fans to host and work out the technicalities of torrents.

What are you talking about? We encoded it to DivX, we uploaded it to a server, and people are pitching in with BitTorrent. We went to a lot of "bother" to make this happen.

It's actually much faster and efficient than a download straight off a server anyhow, so not sure what the complaint is here. We would rip through tons of bandwidth and bring our server to a screaming halt if we offered it as a straight download. The high def version is 220MB!

What's lame IMO is that you don't seem to appreciate that we just released a DVD quality download of the video to the P2P community. Pretty unheard of for a band as high profile as bboys.

?

SoundScientist
05-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Definitely use Windows Media Player with the DivX codecs for the 220MB version. Not Winamp or the DivX player. You might still have issues though; it does eat RAM/processing power like your mom eats pringles, so it might lag a little.

it hella-laggs but thanx anyway..one day i'll get a good computer and i'll beable to watch it with the music and video in sync :rolleyes:

SoundScientist
05-28-2004, 09:54 PM
What are you talking about? We encoded it to DivX, we uploaded it to a server, and people are pitching in with BitTorrent. We went to a lot of "bother" to make this happen.

It's actually much faster and efficient than a download straight off a server anyhow, so not sure what the complaint is here. We would rip through tons of bandwidth and bring our server to a screaming halt if we offered it as a straight download. The high def version is 220MB!

What's lame IMO is that you don't seem to appreciate that we just released a DVD quality download of the video to the P2P community. Pretty unheard of for a band as high profile as bboys.

?
well said!

b-grrrlie
05-29-2004, 05:48 AM
I got the DivX Player downloaded, but still I can't get the file itself to work :( I only get the pages with japanese signs or sumtin'. Yes I know I'm a complete twerp when it comes to these things....

Rich Cheney
05-29-2004, 07:12 AM
BB.COM -
Thanks, unheard of indeed. I burnt the HD file to DVD and wathced it on my Monster projection and was floored.

This makes up for IAWGM (LOL!).

The quality was so damn good that I was able to notice my office in the background when Yauch's dribbling the ball.

AMAZING!

Mr. Boomin'Granny
05-29-2004, 10:52 AM

I works just fine with winamp 5, at least on my computer.

and it eat's hella amount of your processor. Good thing i have a bad ass system.

yes i said hella.

minton
05-29-2004, 08:31 PM
I works just fine with winamp 5, at least on my computer.

and it eat's hella amount of your processor. Good thing i have a bad ass system.

yes i said hella.

I'm not sure why, I was just told that Winamp isn't the way to view it (by the people at DivX). So there you have it. Maybe it works in some cases.

andersm
05-30-2004, 01:05 AM
What player you use doesn't matter that much, but you need to have the correct video codec installed. This is either the divx 5 codec, or the FFDSHOW decoding filter. I would avoid the divx codec, as it either costs money or has adware in it. This could be the way to go if you have a Linux or Macintosh system, though. See one of my earlier posts for FFDSHOW. You also need an MP3 codec (for the sound), but most people have this installed.

Players that should work:
Windows Media Player
Winamp
BSPlayer
Media Player Classic
and several others...

Players that don't work
Quicktime Player
Realplayer (Plays the file, but the picture is messed up)

/AM

splatter-house
05-30-2004, 03:57 PM

?

Hey, sorry - I just realised I must have sounded like an ungrateful son of a bitch. I was just frustrated because for some reason i've never had any luck with torrents on my home system. I also never realised how big that 'extreme' high quality version is - i've never seen a video file of any kind that is 220mb for three minutes! I am looking forward to checking that one out just out of technical curiousity! What res it it?

Balk's FTP server is up now so I can grab it from that :)

Anyway, I didn't mean to bitch, and I do appreciate all the effort that's gone into it :) I need to remember how tricky it can be to encode and compile files into a DivX.

andersm
05-30-2004, 05:05 PM
It's 1920x1080

Video bitrate of 6 mbit/s

PhatPat
05-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Its fun to share (http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v104/phatpatskinny/PatsPics/Share.jpg)

Brucmack
06-01-2004, 11:58 AM
There is another option if your comp can't play it... Mine had trouble with it, so I did this...

Grab a video editing program, VirtualDub is a good one. Just search for it and you'll find it.

Open up the video.

On the Video->Filters window, add a 2:1 reduction (high quality) filter. This will reduce the resolution of the video to a more manageable level... 1920x1080 is all good, but larger than almost all monitors anyway :P

On the Video->Compression window, pick DivX and hit Configure. I used a 3-pass encoding at 1280 kbps. If you've never done this before, it'd probably be best to just do 1-pass encoding at a higher bitrate... basically just pick whatever you like. At 1280 it looks pretty much perfect on mine still. For 1-pass, something like 1600 might be better.

Then you have the option of compressing the audio if you want... If you're using it for the first time just leave it though.

Then go to File->Save as AVI and save it somewhere. A box will come up showing the compression status and all that. It'll probably take a good 20 minutes depending on the speed of your machine. Unchecking "show input video" and "show output video" is probably a good idea in this case though, since it might slow things down.

Anyway I managed to get it down to about 45 megs without the credits, and it looks sweet. If you're unhappy with the results, just go back to the source and encode it at a higher bitrate. You could also leave the initial resolution intact, but I would think the player codecs are more optimized at blowing up a video than shrinking one, since it isn't very often one plays a video that's higher than screen resolution.

Brucmack
06-01-2004, 12:00 PM

?

Well I for one greatly appreciate the fact that it was put out on P2P. Any legitimate uses of P2P should be encouraged. People forget that it can be a powerful system for distributing things legally as well, and that's a shame.

BeastieBoys.com
06-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey, sorry - I just realised I must have sounded like an ungrateful son of a bitch. I was just frustrated because for some reason i've never had any luck with torrents on my home system. I also never realised how big that 'extreme' high quality version is - i've never seen a video file of any kind that is 220mb for three minutes! I am looking forward to checking that one out just out of technical curiousity! What res it it?

Balk's FTP server is up now so I can grab it from that :)

Anyway, I didn't mean to bitch, and I do appreciate all the effort that's gone into it :) I need to remember how tricky it can be to encode and compile files into a DivX.

Noooo worries bro. Understand your frustrations, it can be frustrating w/o the right tools.

roosta
06-03-2004, 05:28 AM
I cant get it to download. Im getting an error which says "geturl connection timed out and a number like 10024".

MarkedCube
06-04-2004, 10:46 AM
I spent 2 and a half hours downloading the 700 version on my slow ass dial-up just to be out done by the torrent, when you think you got the best, there is always something better. I'll just wait for the digitally remastered high quality dvd version. ;)

Matchstikk
06-04-2004, 08:27 PM
So with all the Macs you guys have in all those pics you're providing us with, you couldn't make this video cross-platform? Wtf? The Mac fans got dissed when HN came out and here we go again...

BeastieBoys.com
06-04-2004, 08:47 PM
So with all the Macs you guys have in all those pics you're providing us with, you couldn't make this video cross-platform? Wtf? The Mac fans got dissed when HN came out and here we go again...

Take a deep breath. There is nothing preventing you from watching the video on a mac.

Check out http://www.divx.com/divx/mac/

JohnnyPark
06-05-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm impressed that a high def copy of the video was posted! It fuckin rocks in full HD! (y)

Matchstikk
06-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Take a deep breath. There is nothing preventing you from watching the video on a mac.

Check out http://www.divx.com/divx/mac/

Thanks Johnny! I'm officially an idiot.

splatter-house
06-05-2004, 05:30 PM
I spent 2 and a half hours downloading the 700 version on my slow ass dial-up just to be out done by the torrent, when you think you got the best, there is always something better. I'll just wait for the digitally remastered high quality dvd version. ;)

The extreme definition version is actually far superior to DVD MPEG2 video...

b-grrrlie
06-06-2004, 06:47 AM
I still don't get it :(

Poolzer
06-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Yup, Im getting the same, operation timing out when connecting to tracker..for both the standard and the hi-def

PhatPat
06-09-2004, 12:04 AM
if you want me to send it to you via aim, pm me.

wreckless
06-12-2004, 08:57 AM
I have been trying for two days! I get a different message.
"please check this is a valid AVI or MPEG-4 file"

I downloaded all the programs suggested, and tried with the firewall off, no luck!
discouraging!

martijn
06-13-2004, 08:17 PM
I put up my own tracker site, you can also get the files from there from now on.

http://82.75.237.131:6969

you need to signup if you want to download.

Martijn