PDA

View Full Version : Beastie Boys Timeline in Exclaim!

numeric
06-01-2004, 03:51 PM
From the June 2004 issue of Exclaim! magazine in Toronto:

http://www.exclaim.ca/index.asp?layid=22&csid1=2610

Rip Round'n Roc
06-01-2004, 04:01 PM
they do good timelines, i loved the one they did on wu-tang

paulb
06-01-2004, 04:46 PM
"It’s been almost 20 years since we were first introduced to the crashing Led Zeppelin break beat that opens Licensed to Ill."

what song are they talkin about... and what Led Zep song is it?

"In a World Gone Mad." The track is free to download from the Beastie Boys’ website, but it’s universally agreed that the song is crap."

i cant believe they wrote that! i love that song, obviosly not thier best, but a very good song in my opinion.. anyone else agree?

GeminiFreak
06-01-2004, 05:17 PM
that song sucks

minton
06-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Not a bad effort. The new BeastieBoys.com timeline we have in the works is a lot better though. It'll appear on the new site.

dee_bee_76
06-02-2004, 07:17 AM
Agreed, Minton...looks like a lot of Exclaim's timeline was basically a cut and paste job from the Spin cover story/history in 1998. There were certainly no new facts or surprises in there...

camo
06-02-2004, 07:33 AM
"followed by an anti-war protest song from the Boys called "In a World Gone Mad." The track is free to download from the Beastie Boys’ website, but it’s universally agreed that the song is crap."

ha ha
:D

alexandra
06-02-2004, 08:08 AM
excellent timeline !(y)

Jiberish
06-06-2004, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=paulb]"It’s been almost 20 years since we were first introduced to the crashing Led Zeppelin break beat that opens Licensed to Ill."

what song are they talkin about... and what Led Zep song is it?QUOTE]

The first song on LTI (rhymin' and stealin') samples the break beat from a Zep song. If I remember correctly it is "When the Levee breaks" but that may be inncorrect. Check out Beastiemania.com for all your beastie factoids.

YoungRemy
06-07-2004, 10:08 PM
"It’s been almost 20 years since we were first introduced to the crashing Led Zeppelin break beat that opens Licensed to Ill."

what song are they talkin about... and what Led Zep song is it?

The first song on LTI (rhymin' and stealin') samples the break beat from a Zep song. If I remember correctly it is "When the Levee breaks" but that may be inncorrect. Check out Beastiemania.com for all your beastie factoids.

The Zeppelin song sampled in Rhymin' and Stealin' is indeed "When The Levee breaks" from Led Zeppelin IV.

She's Crafty samples guitar licks from "The Ocean" from Houses of The Holy.
hope this helps!

it's great to be back on the Beastie Boys BBS after 3 years away from the site!