PDA

View Full Version : Who plans on going to Vegas? Any advice on tix?

alergictome
06-04-2004, 12:42 AM
I want to go to the vegas show, but it seems like getting tickets is gonna be tough. If i get in I'm taping the show. I taped the Jam Master Jay show, so hopefully i can get this one too.
Send me any advice on getting tickets.
Thanks, luke

KingPsyz
06-04-2004, 12:51 AM
ok man, you wanna get in?
plan on being there early, like 6 am early. if you see more than 199 people in front of you, consider yourself assed out.

alot of us will be in the neighborhood all night whoopin it up so look out for the freak parade.

secondly, so you know there's gonna be alot of hype by then cause i've been hired to put this up (http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL149/1122153/2335217/55578485.jpg)

coffinitup
06-04-2004, 01:21 AM
ok man, you wanna get in?
plan on being there early, like 6 am early. if you see more than 199 people in front of you, consider yourself assed out.

alot of us will be in the neighborhood all night whoopin it up so look out for the freak parade.

secondly, so you know there's gonna be alot of hype by then cause i've been hired to put this up (http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL149/1122153/2335217/55578485.jpg)

Its going to be total chaos all night long i am sure! the whole thing could easily turn into a bloodbath before its all over!

Is that a poster or what?

coffinitup
06-04-2004, 01:25 AM
I want to go to the vegas show, but it seems like getting tickets is gonna be tough. If i get in I'm taping the show. I taped the Jam Master Jay show, so hopefully i can get this one too.
Send me any advice on getting tickets.
Thanks, luke

Good luck on getting your tickets. We are ALL going to need lots of luck! Its going to be CRAZY!
Do you really think you will be able to tape the show? The security at the Huntridge is usually pretty strict, or do you have permission?

alergictome
06-04-2004, 07:19 AM
All I need to do is get a ticket, well, 2, and I'm in that thing. I've taped at the Huntridge tons of times, and all at high profile gigs like the smashing pumpkins and both red hot chili peppers shows. I don't know anybody there, I just know how to go about sneaking my stuff pass dumb ass security guards.
What I want to know is if theyre saying no early lining up, then what do we all do before 7? Just wander around across from the Huntridge? I can do that if need be.

laura
06-04-2004, 07:47 AM
me, me!!!

meeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I have my hand up!

meeee!!!

coffinitup
06-04-2004, 10:18 AM
All I need to do is get a ticket, well, 2, and I'm in that thing. I've taped at the Huntridge tons of times, and all at high profile gigs like the smashing pumpkins and both red hot chili peppers shows. I don't know anybody there, I just know how to go about sneaking my stuff pass dumb ass security guards.
What I want to know is if theyre saying no early lining up, then what do we all do before 7? Just wander around across from the Huntridge? I can do that if need be.

Thats pretty cool that you know how to sneak stuff in, Good luck with your taping.
As for where to go before we line up, i guess its the Taco Place.

marvin
06-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Last year for the Radiohead $2 Bill show in NY, people started queueing 72 hours (or more) before tickets went on sale.

coffinitup
06-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Last year for the Radiohead $2 Bill show in NY, people started queueing 72 hours (or more) before tickets went on sale.

i dont think we'll get away with that in Vegas.

muddfoot
06-05-2004, 11:31 AM
I taped the Jam Master Jay show, so hopefully i can get this one too. It's going to be shown on TV. What's the point of sneaking shit in when all you need to do is press record on your VCR on the 20th of June.

LoneWolf
06-05-2004, 12:01 PM
I`m going if I win the concert tickets.

coffinitup
06-05-2004, 12:35 PM
I`m going if I win the concert tickets.

Good luck winning tickets. :)

alergictome
06-05-2004, 09:55 PM
The point of sneaking shit in is that the concert anyone sees is not the concert that will be shown, for starters, it'll be editead to hell, and short about 50% of the show. So that would be why. And also because i can.
Luke

coffinitup
06-06-2004, 12:22 AM
The point of sneaking shit in is that the concert anyone sees is not the concert that will be shown, for starters, it'll be editead to hell, and short about 50% of the show. So that would be why. And also because i can.
Luke

Well, have fun with that and stuff.
But MTV is going to have total control of the venue, the huntridge wont be using any of their own people, so unless they are allowing you the right to tape the show, you might have problems getting your stuff in.

KingPsyz
06-06-2004, 02:05 AM
it will be interesting

coffinitup
06-06-2004, 02:17 AM
it will be interesting

To say the very least

alergictome
06-06-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm not saying exactly how I go about getting my stuff in, but it is 99% effective. I have the tape list to prove it:
http://www.phishhook.com/lists/alergictome?listid=0

If I go to a show in Vegas, I tape. Asking beforehand is generally a waste of time as the venue,being only concerned about their bottom line will tell you no. So no, I don't have permission, but I'm going to tape anyways. Waiting for the MTV2 broadcast is a waste as it will be severely butchered, unless a full length leaks out, which tends to happen with everything MTV does, i.e. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Rem Unplugged. My only concern is getting a ticket. That's going to be the hardest part.

coffinitup
06-06-2004, 10:58 PM
. My only concern is getting a ticket. That's going to be the hardest part.

Exactly.
It could get ugly.

KingPsyz
06-06-2004, 11:03 PM
just get there early and don't act a fool
and if you don't need two tickets and know someone from here is in line, buy the extra ticket and find them

coffinitup
06-06-2004, 11:09 PM
just get there early and don't act a fool
and if you don't need two tickets and know someone from here is in line, buy the extra ticket and find them

Thats the plan. We'll be there early, and hope we are among the chosen few who get them.
We wont be acting the fool, but this is still going to be quite a scene with only 200 possibilities.

alergictome
06-07-2004, 01:43 AM
Ok, enough talking about taping. How the hell do we ALL get in? What's the general consensus on where to wait? I'm thinking maybe in Burger King for awhile. Is marching up and down Charleston considered loitering? And does anyone think that a line might start before 7? And worst of all, what if they do the random wristband number method to even the odds of everyone getting a ticket? Does anyone know, cause no one in vegas, including the Huntridge seems to.

KingPsyz
06-07-2004, 01:47 AM
from what i understand the wristbands are to prevent people sneaking past the line to buy tickets
i think wandering as a group will be ok. maybe hang out at tacos mexico, i should call them.
i also just posted some suggestions in the $2 bill thread in beastie general.

coffinitup
06-07-2004, 02:27 AM
from what i understand the wristbands are to prevent people sneaking past the line to buy tickets
i think wandering as a group will be ok. maybe hang out at tacos mexico, i should call them.
i also just posted some suggestions in the $2 bill thread in beastie general.

You probably should call them, they would probably appreciate that, if they dont already know whats up that night.

alergictome
06-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Calling would be effective if
A. The HUNTRIDGE knew what was going on when they do decide to pick up the phone

B. Well, if they'd pick up the phone is the major part, but also the website says get there early, really early. Fine. Ill pack the coleman gear and I'm there tonight. But the ads say start lining up at 7. Which is gonna be a site to see. How many people will sporadically decide to take the East bound Charleston bus oh, say, around, hell, i dunno 6:55. That's why this whole thing doesnt make sense. But i guess if you want a ticket as badly as i do, youre willing to do whatever it takes. Real fans deserve these tickets. Not VIPS.

coffinitup
06-07-2004, 10:26 PM
. Real fans deserve these tickets. Not VIPS.

VIPs deserve the tickets, BUT so do the real fans.
i dont how they think they are going to control the situation, i see it turning very ugly between 6 and 7 am

alergictome
06-07-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm just guessing that the people getting juiced in arent the same folks that would sleep out for the tickets. But seeing how WE seem to be real fans, I think we should figure this out, asap. I want to see this show, but the odds seem to indicate that it may take an act of nature, God or congress to get in.
Do you think people are coming from all over to get into this? Not the winners, but just the hopefuls?

coffinitup
06-07-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm just guessing that the people getting juiced in arent the same folks that would sleep out for the tickets. But seeing how WE seem to be real fans, I think we should figure this out, asap. I want to see this show, but the odds seem to indicate that it may take an act of nature, God or congress to get in.
Do you think people are coming from all over to get into this? Not the winners, but just the hopefuls?

i see what you mean, and yes i agree, the TRUE fans should be allowed tickets. It *IS* going to be near impossible to get tickets. i am really discouraged. AND i feel things are going to get damn dangerous. BUT we will be there late tomorrow night, and hope for the best.
i am not sure if people are coming from *all over*, but there are a few on the boards who are coming in from Phoenix.

alergictome
06-07-2004, 11:55 PM
I was thinking of going down there around 4. That's 3 hours earlier than the time to line up, so hopefully that'll work. It's not like they can realistically hope to keep people from "walking" up and down charleston. Its pubilc property. Who the hell knows. Its gonna be insane. I saw people become furious when they were told the H.O.B. show last year was sold out. That was insane, and that show had more tickets for sale.

coffinitup
06-08-2004, 12:19 AM
I was thinking of going down there around 4. That's 3 hours earlier than the time to line up, so hopefully that'll work. It's not like they can realistically hope to keep people from "walking" up and down charleston. Its pubilc property. Who the hell knows. Its gonna be insane. I saw people become furious when they were told the H.O.B. show last year was sold out. That was insane, and that show had more tickets for sale.

Thats what i'm saying, its going to be total mayhem!
We plan to be there about the same time you'll be there, and hopefully that'll work.

alergictome
06-08-2004, 06:18 PM
We should meet up, ill be there around 3-4.
Luke

coffinitup
06-08-2004, 07:10 PM
We should meet up, ill be there around 3-4.
Luke

That seems to be the popular arrival time. We are shooting for about the same time, but we have an hour and a half drive in.

coffinitup
06-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey Vegas people!
Okay, we are getting our travel plans finalized for our drive into Vegas.
Alll of the Vegas board people should meet up.
How will we know each other (for those who havent met)?
i will be with a group of 3 others, and i will be dressed in black pants, and a black *Coffin It Up* shirt.
How about everyone else?

http://www.coffinitup.com/