PDA

View Full Version : So Whatcha Want (Glade Spray Array)

landos_dad
06-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Last remix for a while this.
This be one of my most fave BBoys tracks.
A more upbeat spin has been applied, resulting in an almost drum n bass style.
Get on to my "muthaf**ker" fill :D
Hope you like it, please comment ;)
Crank up the volume too.

So Whatcha Want (Glade Spray Array) .mp3 (http://www.thelooplounge.co.uk/hoolak-so_whatcha_want_glade_spray_array.mp3)

Hoolak

The other mixes:
Alive (and well mix) (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=18220)
Intergalactic (Crooning Tuxedo mix) (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=18043)
Body Movin' (Live at your Local Amusement Arcade) (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=18928)
Ch-check It Out (Electro-Endor mix) (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=17855)

dirtydan11
06-04-2004, 05:58 AM
Very nice. Lots of going on but not too cluttered if you know what I mean. I love how you put a little of your original music styles into it. It seems you are developing your own style instead of trying to impress everyone else. Since you're taking a break from the mixes I guess it's time to burn off my Hoolak CD. (!)

MarkedCube
06-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Great job, I'm running out of words describing your remixes...

That one beat that comes in from 1:08-1:18, I remember hearing it before. Did you sample that off somewhere?

landos_dad
06-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Great job, I'm running out of words describing your remixes...

That one beat that comes in from 1:08-1:18, I remember hearing it before. Did you sample that off somewhere?

Sequenced in FL with Battery drum sampler :)

Thanks for the comment ;)

PS. Slightly off-topic, but I just purchased my new TT5B album from Play.com for 8.99..... come to daddy!!! :D

MarkedCube
06-04-2004, 01:05 PM
You already remixed just about everything except for Root Down and Shake your Rump. I bet you're praying for a TT5B acapella version release.

beastie fresh
06-04-2004, 02:34 PM
(y)

romanpetr
06-04-2004, 04:32 PM
It seems,like You created best Your remix !!!It was my favourite song,comrade! 100 from 100! Hot and sweet! :D (y)

SleeveZipper
06-04-2004, 05:07 PM
i love the way you make the beasties flow over your sometimes oldskool ometimes even drum n bass break beats. (y)

i tell ya something, wen hear some of those songs you did, i kinda hope for a piece wer der are no beasties on it so i can freetsyle to it quickly:D cos theyre very nice, two thumbs up!

say what?!

sleeve,

landos_dad
06-05-2004, 04:33 AM
i love the way you make the beasties flow over your sometimes oldskool ometimes even drum n bass break beats. (y)

i tell ya something, wen hear some of those songs you did, i kinda hope for a piece wer der are no beasties on it so i can freetsyle to it quickly:D cos theyre very nice, two thumbs up!

say what?!

sleeve,

Thanks guys.

Hey Sleevezipper, making a fresh beat for you to shout over can be arranged... just say when (providing you can rap that is :))

DLord
06-05-2004, 07:36 AM
Nice beat progression in the intro, and a smooth shower or fountain affect in the beggining (I got that "riders on the storm" feeling). Rest up and keep the suppa duppa remixes coming. (y)

landos_dad
06-06-2004, 04:41 AM
Nice beat progression in the intro, and a smooth shower or fountain affect in the beggining (I got that "riders on the storm" feeling). Rest up and keep the suppa duppa remixes coming. (y)

Ahh that'll be the gentle everglade spray.
Thanks DLord ;)

landos_dad
06-06-2004, 05:40 PM
This should be on wax, it's so dope. I could just hear this shit being played in the clubs.

Thanks Logic :)
It would be fun to watch people dance to this in a club

ProfJIM
06-06-2004, 05:53 PM
thats awesome

ProfJIM
06-06-2004, 05:55 PM
holy shit the intergaltic one fucking rules

landos_dad
06-07-2004, 07:15 AM
Nice one Jim, glad you like that Crooning Tuxedo mix :D

pwp
06-08-2004, 08:56 AM
not bad.

for a scouser.

landos_dad
06-08-2004, 09:04 AM
What's that supposed to mean?

Don't tell me you're a manc.

Scousers have been known to drop some nice sounds from time to time. :D

Taco Zip
06-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Nice job man, it's like a jungle version.
So watcha want is a hard song to remix but you did it (y)

landos_dad
06-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Nice job man, it's like a jungle version.
So watcha want is a hard song to remix but you did it (y)

Yeah, I did have one attempt at it before this and that saw the dustbin :)
I am more than happy with how it went the second time round.
Cheers (y)

Parkey
06-09-2004, 05:12 PM
So Watcha Want is my fave Beasties Track and any meddling is met with sceptisism.
But fuck me! Landos Dad has done the trick here. It is QUALITY (y) fact!

landos_dad
06-10-2004, 11:05 AM
So Watcha Want is my fave Beasties Track and any meddling is met with sceptisism.
But fuck me! Landos Dad has done the trick here. It is QUALITY (y) fact!

I'm really happy that you approve :D (y)

oooooh yeah, diggit!

DJ_Skrilla
06-10-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm really happy that you approve :D (y)

oooooh yeah, diggit!

sicks sounds like a crazy Jungle remix........

me likes...

landos_dad
06-11-2004, 05:12 AM
As the original track is excellent hiphop track, doing a remix in a hiphop style would be a bit boring. So, I decided to take it into another genre.

All the drum, bass, synth parts (except the guitar lick sample) you hear are programmed in a sequencer, no sampled loops. I feel you get more control over your remix idea going down this route.

Thanks again for da comments :)

Tempest
06-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Just wanted to take this opportunity to commend you on your fucking wicked production skills.

As an emcee ..I'd be honored to collaborate on a project...

something I did a fair while ago can be listened to here

LO FI :
http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=657464&q=Lo

HI FI:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=657464&q=Hi

I think my flows tightened up a fair bit since..but you know - check it..

I go by the name of Tempest and am from Tasmania, Australia. Hope you enjoy it even if the production on the track is fairly sparse and monotonous.

you can get back to me at jorgetempest@mail2world.com if you wish.

landos_dad
06-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks Tempest, much appreciated. (y)
I thought you rhyme was very cool. Nice to hear that aussie flavour it made a refreshing change.
Yeah, I'd like to try a collaboration. Maybe you could throw an acappella my way or maybe I could send you some music...

Nygel
06-11-2004, 09:03 AM
You already remixed just about everything except for Root Down and Shake your Rump. I bet you're praying for a TT5B acapella version release.
he still has
hey ladies
shake your rump
hold it now hit it
pass the mic
root down
sure shot
in a world gone mad (though i doubt it'll be done)
.....so far

landos_dad
06-12-2004, 04:32 AM
he still has
hey ladies
shake your rump
hold it now hit it
pass the mic
root down
sure shot
in a world gone mad (though i doubt it'll be done)
.....so far

Are they options or orders? :D

Tempest
06-12-2004, 07:40 AM
Yeah for sure dude..well I can see what I can come up with regarding an accapella or something unless you have something you'd like to share generally - I like the way you mess with shit tho so I reckon I'd like to send you something. Your mastering is impeccable. Every track has been warm and clean.

landos_dad
06-18-2004, 04:59 AM
Your mastering is impeccable. Every track has been warm and clean.

I personally wouldnt go that far, but thank you anyway. Always nice to get nice feedback... boosts up the confidence y'know? ;)

KilgoreTrout
06-18-2004, 01:12 PM
hey lando sr...nice work. i just listened to all of them. excellent senor. do you mind if i burn em onto a cd? i'd love to listen to them while i'm on my mountain bike. thanks man.

landos_dad
06-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Go for your life , bud.

Thanks (y)

KilgoreTrout
06-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Go for your life , bud.

Thanks (y)

you rock brutha man!

keep on keepin on

snowman
06-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks Lando- Now I am gonna get fired from my job because I am hooked on listening to your mixes! Sweet ass shit my man!

landos_dad
06-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks Lando- Now I am gonna get fired from my job because I am hooked on listening to your mixes! Sweet ass shit my man!

hehe :D thanks mate.

Look out for a new remix of Sure Shot anytime soon ;)

snowman
06-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Hey Lando- Do you have a library that I could look at? I am new to the board, so I am having to look around a lot, but I need some more to listen to tomorrow, its almost quittin time. Peace

landos_dad
06-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Of my work or all other remixes in general?

snowman
06-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Either or my man...whichever you would prefer. I could guarantee that I am gonna enjoy either way. 'preciate it

landos_dad
06-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Soon, I will serve them on a nice slice of webpage for people to feast on. It will be like the Ferrero ambassador's reception on a webpage. :D