PDA

View Full Version : The Boys in D.C.!!

adrock1988
06-07-2004, 04:48 PM
More info needed on tickets, it says they are giving them away only on the radio but like most of you I dont live in D.C.!!! Anyone from D.C. hearing anything different?

Dyno-mite
06-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Yea, I live in Baltimore and listen to 99.1 WHFS everyday. The only way to get tickets is to win them from the station. When they give the "signal" to call, you have to be the 9th caller to win the tic's. I tried several times today and was 7th once. Close but not close enough. I will continue to try. I saw the Boys there in 93-94 it was awesome.

RUBen1off
06-07-2004, 09:29 PM
That show was sooo good. It was 94, around prom time. I remember cause I skipped it to go. Oh yeah, and I didn't have a date, but that doesn't matter, cause that show was insane.

Dyno-mite
06-07-2004, 09:37 PM
You know whats funny....I am a serious collector and several years later like 98-99 I found a bootleg VHS tape of the show at a shop in up-state NEW YORK. I thought , "I was at that show , on the front row" So i bought it. And sure enough there I am jumping around and even slappin' hands with the boys as they rapped. The tape was shot from the back so all you can see is the back of my head front and center. I was able to hold my ground there for the whole show I was bigger and alot older than most off the crowd. I would love nothing better than to go back there and see them. It was called "Radio Music Hall" back then.

adrock1988
06-07-2004, 10:21 PM
I have yet to get to a show at the 9:30, it seems small a great place to see them. Before the Tibetan Freedom Concert in D.C. the boys did two secret shows. I went to the one in Philly and it had been my best show to date. Just the boys, this stranger Mix Master and 4 new songs from Hello Nasty. The radio station here announced the concert the day of and you had to win tickets to that too. However I went to the Venue and was able to buy a ticket at the door. Is anyone from D.C. familiar with a WHFS show like this, is it possible they will sell tickets at the door?

Thanks

Kid Crafty

minton
06-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Check BeastieBoys.com later this week.

flea nut lance
06-08-2004, 06:08 AM
hmm yeah I need tickets to this

and hfs sucks really bad so I need to buy them and not support them

RUBen1off
06-08-2004, 06:33 AM
hmm yeah I need tickets to this

and hfs sucks really bad so I need to buy them and not support them

word. we are some impatient fucks aren't we.

And I've seen that video at WUST Radio Music Hall too. I think you can only see my arms, I was up against the barricade or front row too but short.

valvano
06-08-2004, 06:45 AM
i saw BS2000 at the 9:30 Club when they played there a couple of years ago, definitely worth the drive up from Richmond...

Dyno-mite
06-08-2004, 07:42 AM
I will stay tuned.... Winning tickets is a bitch. You can telll some of the winners are half -assed beastie fans who called on a whim and freakin' won. It sucks! But I will keep trying and logging in the B-Boys.com for more info.

RUBen1off
06-08-2004, 07:53 AM
I just hope we don't have to win them here either. My title explains it all.

adrock1988
06-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Has WHFS ever done a "win tickets only" showbefore? If so did anybody try to buy tickets at the door?

JBernas
06-09-2004, 11:47 AM
So frustrating. I've been every caller but the one that counts..... :mad: So stressful...half of these people who won don't even sound excited. Sucks.

RUBen1off
06-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Word. At least you get through...I keep getting a busy signal....and I had to sit through Counting Crows! I dont know if I'm wasting time by calling and calling until I hear them talk to the winner on the radio or not. This blows.

DJ - "You're the 9th caller."
Winner - "Oh....ummmm...cool?"

bullfish
06-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Word. At least you get through...I keep getting a busy signal....and I had to sit through Counting Crows! I dont know if I'm wasting time by calling and calling until I hear them talk to the winner on the radio or not. This blows.

Dude.. no kidding..

Ive never posted on this board before.. been a LONG time lurker around here.. I live in Northern VA..Ive been down the tbe b-boys for a very long time and a huge huge huge FAN.. but have never had the chance to see them live.. and im litteraly drooling over all of this.. it is going to drive me insane.. I work inside all day and my radio won't pick up hfs.. but when I do get to listen.. the pricks that get the tix are like.. 'oh wow.. beastieboys.. who are they again'.. I would be screaming my ass off it it were me..!!!

Oh well.. I guess all I can do is keep trying and pray I get the tix.. this is killing me.. :mad:

RUBen1off
06-09-2004, 01:16 PM
I work inside all day and my radio won't pick up hfs.. but when I do get to listen.. the pricks that get the tix are like.. 'oh wow.. beastieboys.. who are they again'..
Oh well.. I guess all I can do is keep trying and pray I get the tix.. this is killing me.. :mad:

Me and you are in the same boat...can't pick it up here in my office either.

lrf1211
06-09-2004, 01:48 PM
I've never posted on the board before -- I've literally positioned a radio in the corner of my office to try to get reception and just try to listen for a chance to win. Then I get the busy signal over and over. It is such a bummer -- I actually bought Paul's Boutique the week it came out in 1989 (so now it is obvious that I am probably older than a lot of you), and this really sucks! Hopefully there will be other ways for true fans to get tickets.

I'm also not able to get the newsletter, so hopefully there will be a posting?

RUBen1off
06-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Just go to the homepage...there is some place for "Updates" or something like that to register.

JBernas
06-10-2004, 05:29 AM

Don't waste you time calling until you hear the winner. That's taped. I was the 6th caller before the end of the prompt telling you to call in. They have the 9th caller in less than a minute.....Good luck

bullfish
06-10-2004, 06:07 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else in the DC area has heard.. but DC 101 is going to give away a trip to Tokyo to see 'tha boys'... In all reality I would rather see them at 9:30, just cause I know how good shows are there.. but.. I don't think that is going to happen since I still can't listen to the radio in my office... TORTURE I TELL YOU!!!!!

bullfish
06-10-2004, 11:25 AM
has anyone else seen this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=2249789944&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

that is insane

S.F.
06-10-2004, 11:30 AM
has anyone else seen this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=2249789944&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

that is insane

Thats more than what Metallica was going for at Bowery Ballroom. But I pulled off a few tricks just in case I didn't get through their fan club. Plus yesterday when I posted it on another hfs related board, someone called the radio station and their investigating who the seller is. Obviously through my sources is this dude is located in Laurel, and can be located maybe at a liquor named after his user name.

sethomas
06-10-2004, 11:39 AM
yo, i just talked to that radio station....Im from Maine mind you...and was planning on going down if i can get in...anyway, I was just told that the EBAY shit wont work.....all winners are on a list, and if your name aint on the radio list..you aint gettin in.

goddamn. on a lighter note, my record shop got the record in today and its bumpin in my stereo as i type.

if it was a 3rd grade spelling test id give it a check plus.

twoturntables
06-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Dude.. no kidding..

Ive never posted on this board before.. been a LONG time lurker around here.. I live in Northern VA..Ive been down the tbe b-boys for a very long time and a huge huge huge FAN.. but have never had the chance to see them live.. and im litteraly drooling over all of this.. it is going to drive me insane.. I work inside all day and my radio won't pick up hfs.. but when I do get to listen.. the pricks that get the tix are like.. 'oh wow.. beastieboys.. who are they again'.. I would be screaming my ass off it it were me..!!!

Ditto! times 1000

Nice to meet some local b-boy fans as true as myself. Especially the older ones, being 30 now myself. At the very least we'll get to see the mtv2 concert on the 20th :rolleyes: So who has the biggest tv :D

Peace & Respect

Twoturn

RUBen1off
06-10-2004, 12:36 PM
So who has the biggest tv

And bar. Don't forget the bar.

twoturntables
06-10-2004, 12:50 PM
And bar. Don't forget the bar.

I'll bring the records and we'll throw down!!!

RUBen1off
06-10-2004, 01:04 PM
We will also need a lot of people who smoke cigarettes to give the place a lot of smoke like most clubs. And tons of fat chicks wearing clothes that are waay too tight for them.

JBernas
06-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Hey everyone.....persistence pays off!!!! I have been glued to my radio for three days and I just won at 2:30 :D !!! I can't even think straight right now I'm so excited! BTW....Tim Virgin said that they are investigating the person who put the tickets up on ebay.....there are no tickets. You give your name at the hfs van in front of the club, show ID, and get your wristband. If you can't go, you forfeit your tickets...no exceptions. I just heard this first hand......good luck and keep trying!!!!!!

S.F.
06-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Then mention my posts about this dude.

RUBen1off
06-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Hells yeah! Did you get it on your first call? How long would you say it took after they said to start calling in? Just curios so I know when to stop trying.

lrf1211
06-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Congrats on winning the tickets. I heard you on the radio and it was great to hear a real Beastie Boys fan win.

S.F.
06-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Now HFS sounds like K-ROCK in New York. Radio Winners are Full of BullCr*p. It was like this for Metallica at Bowery. No one even showed up early to get into the show. people started lining up at like 4 p.m. :(

Dyno-mite
06-10-2004, 01:42 PM
This is all frustrating. I was the dude who called Virgin yesterday after he brought up the Ebay thing. I let Virgin know how I emailed the seller and he responded.... that he could "meet the winner bidder at the show" or "change the name at will call".....We all know now that's bullshit! There ain't no changing names at will call. Once you get the wrist band...it goes on your wrist. You cant can't give it someone else. This dude is a bitch why did he call and win and now does'nt want to go the show. We are all breakin' our balls trying to win and he's trying to sell the tickets. What a fuckhead! I have been caller # 6, 7. and motherfuckin 8!
Can you believe it # fuckin 8! I almost fainted. This sucks they better give true fans another option to get ticks. A realistic one would be nice. I have a few tricks/contacts up my sleeve but they are long shots! Good Luck All. If any of you win and need a true fan to go with you...ha ha, let me know. Beers and t-shirts on me. And what ever in the hell else you want for that matter.
Dyno
Out

S.F.
06-10-2004, 01:44 PM
This is all frustrating. I was the dude who called Virgin yesterday after he brought up the Ebay thing. I let Virgin know how I emailed the seller and he responded.... that he could "meet the winner bidder at the show" or "change the name at will call".....We all know now that's bullshit! There ain't no changing names at will call. Once you get the wrist band...it goes on your wrist. You cant can't give it someone else. This dude is a bitch why did he call and win and now does'nt want to go the show. We are all breakin' our balls trying to win and he's trying to sell the tickets. What a fuckhead! I have been caller # 6, 7. and motherfuckin 8!
Can you believe it # fuckin 8! I almost fainted. This sucks they better give true fans another option to get ticks. A realistic one would be nice. I have a few tricks/contacts up my sleeve but they are long shots! Good Luck All. If any of you win and need a true fan to go with you...ha ha, let me know. Beers and t-shirts on me. And what ever in the hell else you want for that matter.
Dyno
Out

If its a hook up thru someone at the 9:30 Club I doubt 99.9% you will get in. I am in that boat right now. This show is a High Priority Show for the Club.

Dyno-mite
06-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Thats one of my hooks but a far fetched one because HFS rented the joint and control the door and everything else. I have a better hook but it may not come through. What are hearing through your Club contact. No need for you to go into detail just generally whats the word. High priority?????

JBernas
06-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Hells yeah! Did you get it on your first call? How long would you say it took after they said to start calling in? Just curios so I know when to stop trying.

No...I've been callers 1, 3 (x2), 5 (x3), 6 (x3), 4...I'd gotten through several times....I was caller 1 this morning with the Junkies and caller 5 mid-day with Jenn. You have to pay attention to when they advertise the show...the prompt is not far away. If you don't get through by the first 10-20 seconds of the song or whatever they play after the prompt to call, try next time. They answer the phones so fast that they have the winner in under a minute. I was caller 6 twice and the prompt wasn't even over yet. GOOD LUCK!!!!! :)

JBernas
06-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Congrats on winning the tickets. I heard you on the radio and it was great to hear a real Beastie Boys fan win.

Thanks Dude! I am sooooo excited....I'm still shaking! I've never had the chance to see them so this is even better. I have been a huge fan for a long time. I was going to go last time they were scheduled to be here, but Mike D. broke his collarbone and they cancelled the tour....so disappointing. Keep trying....

Dyno-mite
06-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Lucky Bastard! But serouisly Congrats. I was shaking the other night I had a felling. That's when I was #8. Was that you who screamed when u won???

S.F.
06-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Lucky Bastard! But serouisly Congrats. I was shaking the other night I had a felling. That's when I was #8. Was that you who screamed when u won???

This is the hardest show of the year to get into anywhere in the United States. :rolleyes:

Dyno-mite
06-10-2004, 02:04 PM
I thought other updates were coming.....Whats the deal. And that WHFS comrad shit I signed up for still no informative emails or any emails at all. Bastards! They keep saying sign up on-line to be an "HFS Comrad" or whatever... And "you'll be ahead of the game". I have'nt seen it yet!

RUBen1off
06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
My only hope is this website or that dotcomrade bullshit considering I can't sit by the radio all day since I have bills to pay.

S.F.
06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
I do not think that the HFS dot comrade thingy will work. It's like a lottery probably to see if you win. I think the best way for people to win is to camp out and win tickets somehow.

JBernas
06-10-2004, 02:13 PM

Yes that was me (at 2:30ish).....still can't believe it! I know the feeling of getting so close...your heart starts pounding b/c it's ringing, and ringing, and then...damn! I thought I was going to pass out or have a heart attack or something.

S.F.
06-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Has anyone ever had a heart attack from winning a contest over the radio?

Dyno-mite
06-10-2004, 02:22 PM
I thought I was nutts because every time you get through, ringing, my freakin heart is pounding. Glad I'm not the only one.....

S.F.
06-10-2004, 02:23 PM
I miss it because I was in the Bathroom. Damn HFS.

RUBen1off
06-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Threadjack in progress.

Just curious...where are all you from?

Ashburn, VA here.

Dyno-mite
06-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Baltimore

sethomas
06-10-2004, 02:49 PM
representin the 207...

....Maine. i gotta get to this show.

twoturntables
06-10-2004, 03:51 PM
herndon va in the house

lrf1211
06-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Right in DC -- I could walk to 930.

S.F.
06-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Clarksville, MD

adrock1988
06-10-2004, 04:26 PM
OLD HEADS UNITE!!

paul_revere
06-10-2004, 05:21 PM
yo, 9:30 is nice. i saw bs2000 there and it ruled. if there were a way to win from my new home in SF....
I tried to win tix to the vegas show but no dice. actually, going to tokyo to see them would be crazy rad.
i will see them tommorrow at BFD which should be dope. good luck everyone.

QueenAdrock
06-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Gaithersburg

or North Potomac if you wanna sound snotty

Wiggum, Ralph
06-10-2004, 06:45 PM
^ same. I work in DC. If I get tickets, I'll take a cab from work to the show.

S.F.
06-10-2004, 06:52 PM
If I won tickets I would be or try to be one of the first one's in. I am upset that at 9:30 Club that the owners guest(s) try to be the first one's into the club. That happened at Velvet Revolver, but no way :D I ignored the clubs wishes, but still got the spot in front of Slash's mic. :D

valvano
06-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Richmond, VA

i was there for the bs2000 show, had dinner at mortons in georgetown before the show...awesome steaks

QueenAdrock
06-10-2004, 08:22 PM
How the hell do you even get through? If I got a message saying "You're number 5" at least I'd know I was close. Maybe there was some kind of glimmering hope left. But no. Nothing but busy signal.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go cry into a tub of Ben and Jerrys.
:p

Wiggum, Ralph
06-10-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm happy if I get a traditional busy signal. My phone keeps giving me "network busy" messages.

Dyno-mite
06-10-2004, 09:08 PM
That was the DJ saying, "#5", some of the Jocks just say what caller you are and hang up. Some stick around just to hear you say "FUCK". I got through at 1:30, I was # 6 and at 9:30 I was # 7 again. This Sucks. It's a terrible way to do it. Some people ar'nt even true fans and they are fuckin' winning........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

Wiggum, Ralph
06-10-2004, 09:22 PM
I agree that this is a terrible way to do it. You think that maybe the DJs are calling their friends before the prompt is played and tipping them off?

I've almost wrecked my car a couple times fumbling madly for the phone.

They should have some sort of contest or something...not some random 'call-now' shit. Did the Beasties sanction this type of ticket giveaway?

bullfish
06-11-2004, 06:11 AM
im reprasentn' manassas.. and getting very very very upset.. Im such a huge fan and to hear these dick nuts winning is tearing my little beastie heart to shreds.. Its been one of my dreams just to seem them live.. I think im going to stay in all weekend with my ears glued to the radio for a last ditch attempt.. I thought I heard them say they are going to give out alot more chances this weekend.. Good Luck...

twoturntables
06-11-2004, 07:54 AM
The fine way to get tix would have been to win them thru donations to milarapa from the highest bidders for however many seats they have. However that would not have insured as much radio play and promotion they are generating.

bullfish
06-11-2004, 08:39 AM
guys.. guess what!!!!!!!

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

My fiance was calling in for me.. and she knew how bad I wanted it.. and she f-ing got them.. she was SO excited.. she loves the b-boys too.. I can't belive this.. I just can't belive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is SO awesome.. I guess that is why im marrying her!!!

twoturntables
06-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Good for you!!!!!! *grumble grumble!!!*

I promise when I win I won't come here to rub it in...

Sorry, but I'm sure you can understand my slight bitterness, it's not personal.

JBernas
06-11-2004, 09:11 AM
guys.. guess what!!!!!!!

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

My fiance was calling in for me.. and she knew how bad I wanted it.. and she f-ing got them.. she was SO excited.. she loves the b-boys too.. I can't belive this.. I just can't belive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is SO awesome.. I guess that is why im marrying her!!!

Was her name Megan? I think I just heard it....congrats...see you there!

bullfish
06-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Was her name Megan? I think I just heard it....congrats...see you there!

yhea.. that was her man.. thanks.. and see ya there too!

lrf1211
06-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Congrats! I'm just going to keep trying (and trying) and if worse comes to worse, just head over to 930 that day and see what happens. I've gotten a ringing phone, but never even been one of the 1st 8 callers.

twoturntables
06-11-2004, 11:15 AM
At the very least I think you'd be able to hear it from outside, could just chill there and not deal with all the crowd. That sounds so much better really. Ok not quite but you would get to hear it. You just might see me there with ya.

little j
06-11-2004, 11:56 AM
i am a dotcomrade and i have NOTHING in my mail.
blah.

i dont get hfs in my office,or in manassas and its even worse at seth's house in bristow.

:(