PDA

View Full Version : 5 gigs one day

Parkey
06-08-2004, 12:47 PM
On the MTV2 interview it was intimated that they will be playing 5 shows in each New York Borough on the day of release. If you could find out where how cool would that be? If you live in NYC keep your eyes peeled!

Taco Zip
06-08-2004, 12:56 PM
If i lived in NY I would stalk them down to each gig (y)

Parkey
06-08-2004, 01:00 PM
And I'd join you!

CookieorPussy
06-08-2004, 01:04 PM
On the MTV2 interview it was intimated that they will be playing 5 shows in each New York Borough on the day of release. If you could find out where how cool would that be? If you live in NYC keep your eyes peeled!

you serious!?

Parkey
06-08-2004, 01:12 PM
you serious!?
yep
Zane mentioned it and got hushed by the Beasties like they been talking about it off air. They then said that it was still in the planning stage and depended on some pemits going through. I wish I was in NYC!

CookieorPussy
06-08-2004, 01:32 PM
fuck yes!

romanpetr
06-08-2004, 03:00 PM

Yeah,me too! (y)

Fake Mike
06-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Yo I checked almost every venue in NYC and the bills are filled
They gotta be playing outdoors....

Parkey
06-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Has anyone got a copy of the Gonzo show?
Someone should have another look at it and see if there are any hints. I would but I lent the vidoe to a mate

Extra Cheese
06-08-2004, 03:43 PM
hopefully its all free

zippy
06-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Haven't they played under fake band names in the past so no one would realize?

I might be making a bit of a mid-week roadtrip if someone figures out where they're playing.

YoungRemy
06-09-2004, 10:43 AM
keep us posted, i will be tuning into local stations to hear for more news.

Fake Mike
06-09-2004, 01:58 PM

I might be making a bit of a mid-week roadtrip if someone figures out where they're playing.

I would reconize a fake Band playing......

Parkey
06-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Someone on the main board mentioned something about some stuff at Tower Records in NYC. Just a thought.

carthief
06-09-2004, 06:35 PM
if anyone confirms this please post so i can get flights from Mia.

cj hood
06-10-2004, 08:10 AM
if anyone confirms this please post so i can get flights from Mia.

sounds far fetched......if so......they'd probably be 30 minute shows......i might have to leave the babies for this....

coreynyc
06-13-2004, 02:49 PM
From what I hear, these will be 3-5 song gigs and that Prospect Park Bandshell is one of the sites.

I'd imagine Central Park Summerstage or Bryant Park will be the Manhattan site since they both have a stage and sound system set up already (at least I think Bryant Park's stage is already set up, it might not be). I'm not so familiar with the parks in the other boros so your guess is a good as mine...

redeamerissorry
06-13-2004, 02:53 PM

Yeah they've toured under the name "Quazar" playing only hardcore.
But I don't think they will do that to promote their new album.

greets,

www.redeamer.nl (http://www.redeamer.nl)

Parkey
06-14-2004, 05:59 AM
So is this happening? If it is you NY lot are so fucking lucky!

BGirl
06-15-2004, 06:58 AM
What's up with this, just a rumor? I'm planning my day around buying the CD (it's great to be self-employed), if they're playing in a park or something I'll be there...

Otherwise I'm going to J&R or Tower or Norm's or maybe even Bleecker Bob's. Haven't decided yet. Any suggestions? I buy very few CDs... the guy at Norm's (it wasn't Norm) was very cool when I was in there recently. I was looking for Neil Young and he played My Morning Jacket for me. So I'm thinking of going there, but Bleecker Bob's is actually more convenient, and of course, mentioned on the album.

BGirl
06-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Nevermind, I found something in another thread... I'll head over to Letterman. (y)

Parkey
06-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Is this happening then? Anyone seen any hints of it kicking off anywhere?

MarkedCube
06-15-2004, 05:40 PM
The Beasties really know how to turn this party out!

NY is so lucky. Someone tape them, it should be very interesting.

oldSchoolEd
06-15-2004, 06:09 PM
I don't remember them using fake names (though there is a lot I don't remember), but I DO remember the suprise Academy show for Ill Communication was only announced on this little Staten Island radio station. They do seem to mix it up a lot as to how they suprise people with shows, so god only knows....if they are doing something in all 5 boroughs in one day, it could be something ill like in certain subway stations. Someone go stalk the D train and report back here kthx.

coreynyc
06-16-2004, 06:31 AM
I don't remember them using fake names (though there is a lot I don't remember), but I DO remember the suprise Academy show for Ill Communication was only announced on this little Staten Island radio station. They do seem to mix it up a lot as to how they suprise people with shows, so god only knows....if they are doing something in all 5 boroughs in one day, it could be something ill like in certain subway stations. Someone go stalk the D train and report back here kthx.

Definitely not the case, I heard about that show on K-Rock and my friends who worked in the business knew about it as well.

Sharon6881
06-22-2004, 08:32 AM
are there any updates on this?