PDA

View Full Version : B-Boys watching this site?

paece!-man
06-09-2004, 04:26 AM
I was wandering if the Beastie Boys look up the message board sometimes. I mean, it must be fun for an artist to watch the fans posting making some threads under a nickname without being idetified.

minton
06-09-2004, 04:37 AM
Adam posts from time to time under the username 'Yauch'. That's about it.

twoturntables
06-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Adam posts from time to time under the username 'Yauch'. That's about it.

thats a shame because, for 2 decades now, I have had the priviledge to listen to their work I would simply like to thank them personally for it, as it has affected me so much in many parts of my life. such is life.

Peace and Respect,

Twoturntables

Justin
06-10-2004, 02:35 PM
i would also like to thank them personally for..well...just being themselves over all these years and making some kick ass music

If the Beasties do have #1 fans, most of them are right here on the message board

oh word

tpk
06-11-2004, 09:25 AM
in my point of view..they have no reason to visit this board cause nowadays more than half of the content on here is scary and if all this shit was about me i would certainly not go here. it would fuck you up.

MarkedCube
06-11-2004, 09:29 AM
more than half of the content on here is scary and if all this shit was about me i would certainly not go here. it would fuck you up.

especially with the all the "new album sucks, I'm not a fan anymore" or "they're so political, I'm not a fan anymore" threads.

tpk
06-11-2004, 09:30 AM
especially with the all the "new album sucks, I'm not a fan anymore" or "they're so political, I'm not a fan anymore" threads.yeah..it would mess with your self esteem and shit!

Taco Zip
06-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Word.

marsdaddy
06-11-2004, 06:57 PM
I've e-talked to Yauch before. I'm never going to wash my keyboard! :eek:

beastie fresh
06-13-2004, 01:11 AM
Your lucky man.. I wish I could talk to one of the Boys

NastasYa
06-13-2004, 12:39 PM
nice idea....
a bottle of vodka, a Beastie and me
(i even don't care if its 1 or 3)

....i would love to explore....their minds!
all night, simply talking!
'culture exchange'
:D

Schins
06-13-2004, 02:52 PM
I was wandering if the Beastie Boys look up the message board sometimes. I mean, it must be fun for an artist to watch the fans posting making some threads under a nickname without being idetified.

In the Entertainment Weekly Interview, EW asked why they decided to let The O.C. use Ch-Check It Out and they gave the reason. Mike D said that alot of fans on the Chat Boards were all worked up about it them letting them use Ch-Check It Out . Maybe Mike & Adrock do browse through the boards but they just don't post like MCA does.

tpk
06-13-2004, 03:22 PM
In the Entertainment Weekly Interview, EW asked why they decided to let The O.C. use Ch-Check It Out and they gave the reason. Mike D said that alot of fans on the Chat Boards were all worked up about it them letting them use Ch-Check It Out . Maybe Mike & Adrock do browse through the boards but they just don't post like MCA does.it does happen that they browse the boards..and even if just yauch posts he usually keep the other two updated on the crazy shit that's being said here.

discodistortion
06-13-2004, 09:06 PM
remember when yauch was dissing that racist dude? imagine being dissed by yauch! i gotta get more racist.

paece!-man
07-06-2004, 03:57 AM
If you want to see some posts by Yauch, check these threads out: "stuck in your A$$ is an electrician" and "underrated Beastie Boy Songs"

SCOOPMAN
07-06-2004, 05:03 AM
If any one them ever look at their site, one thing I'd like to say.....Respect to the Max!!!

saz
07-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Didn't one of them used to post in the politics forum?

Space
07-06-2004, 05:25 PM
sometimes i think MMM and adrock post with alias.
i also believe D uses Yauchs screenname sometimes..

*/pulls head out :p

mikedzlilfreak
07-06-2004, 06:42 PM
remember when yauch was dissing that racist dude? imagine being dissed by yauch! i gotta get more racist.

lol shows youd do anything..naw i actually think they do post just underdiff names..lol i bet they start the questions like"so whats up with mikes birdi shirt from the 2 dollar bill concert" that was actually a posted thread...

lol lata

SpuffyRJ
07-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Your lucky man.. I wish I could talk to one of the Boys
me 2 lol

angel_gurl
07-27-2004, 12:51 PM
thats a shame because, for 2 decades now, I have had the priviledge to listen to their work I would simply like to thank them personally for it, as it has affected me so much in many parts of my life. such is life.

Peace and Respect,

Twoturntables
Adam really posts on the message board??? OH thats cool!!! The other two need to most to. Exspecially Ad rock!!! Because hes always out lokoking for a female companion!!! hehe

angel_gurl
07-27-2004, 12:54 PM
It says in the FAQ that Adrock and Mike D prehaps feel uncomfortable about posting. I think I would too if I was them :o
WHY???

angel_gurl
07-27-2004, 12:57 PM
it does happen that they browse the boards..and even if just yauch posts he usually keep the other two updated on the crazy shit that's being said here.
Ugh oh thats kinda cool. but now ad rock know he still got girl fans that love him alot!!! Even teenagers.

angel_gurl
07-27-2004, 01:02 PM
nice idea....
a bottle of vodka, a Beastie and me
(i even don't care if its 1 or 3)

....i would love to explore....their minds!
all night, simply talking!
'culture exchange'
:D
Yep me to. MCA---HOT!!! Mike D---LADIES CHOICE and ADROCK TOTAL HOT HOT HOT HOT HOTTIE!!!!

eraweb2
07-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Probably they are chilling out reading the newspaper.MCA is very cool and Mike D too.Ithink there lines are awesome.

angel_gurl
07-27-2004, 01:06 PM
i would also like to thank them personally for..well...just being themselves over all these years and making some kick ass music

If the Beasties do have #1 fans, most of them are right here on the message board

oh word
Yep!!! Word up.

lrf1211
08-02-2004, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't post -- or read this -- if I were them. They can hear the good stuff from admin and skip all of the awful things that people say -- look at the threats to Adrock's girlfriend, or the offensive racist/sexist things -- there are a lot of great fans on the boards, but the total wack jobs make extremely unlikely for them to want to read this.

If they do read any of it -- they should know that a lot of us who look at the site grew up with the music and to thank them for bringing such great stuff to us to listen to. When I am in a bad mood, and I listen to my favorite Beastie Boys songs that I have on a playlist, it makes me happy and smile.

They should also know that admin does an excellent job too -- Minton, Johnny and Daisy have to read a lot of the bad stuff and deal with it.

ToucanSpam
08-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I totally think the BBoys should seriously come on this site and say something to their fans. I think they owe it to us all for supporting them over the years to oocasionally just come on and post something showing appreciation to their fans. I love the BBoys to death, and I think they have paid their dews to everyone. I guess I just want to talk to them and give them props for being amazing muscians. If they see some of the nice things we say about them, I hope it inspires them to keep going forever.

cosmo105
08-02-2004, 08:12 PM
they don't owe the fans anything. yeah, it would be a nice gesture, but come on. :rolleyes:

lrf1211
08-03-2004, 08:45 AM
If they "owe" us anything, it's to put 100% in the music and the shows that we pay for. Nothing else.