setlist

1. MMM Intro
2. Root Down
3. Sure Shot
4. Right Right Now Now
5. Time To Get Ill
6. Body Movin
7. Triple Trouble
8. Paul Revere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
9. 3 MCs and 1 DJ
10. Brass Monkey!!!!!
11. So Watcha Want
Encore:
12. Intergalactic
13. Ch-Check It Out

i cant believe Adrock just said "fuck the motherfuckin president"

great performance! very good energy, they coulda learned a bit more of the words to Brass Monkey though. man, was Adrock lost at the encore..

hockeyla32
06-13-2004, 12:18 AM
I thought it was a great set for such a lousy crowd.... During Paul Revere when they stopped singing and put the mic out to the crowd you could hear a pin drop...

But hey, they did a great job for a 45 minute set. Brass Monkey was deinitely a shock to hear as I have never heard them do that live...

Now I cant wait for their own tour so I can hear some non-radio played songs!

paulb
06-13-2004, 12:29 AM
ya, it was a tight show, i was hoping to hear Open Letter To NYC though, it was still a good setlist and a really fun show

SNK of 404
06-13-2004, 12:57 AM
That sounds like a kick ass set.

balohna
06-13-2004, 01:59 AM
It was fucking great. I felt like I was in the audience, dancing in my chair with the volume way up.

Frost Free
06-13-2004, 02:01 AM
I went to the show tonight. It being my 6th show, I've had a bit to compare it to. Although it was a short set, I thought they were on-point and as good as ever. They played a bill with a lot of great acts, but still dominated the evening. They were fantastic. I would never believe in a thousand years that they would do Brass Monkey, I still can't believe it... But it was cool.
Triple Touble was fantastic, showed that that track can stand as a classic while mixed with the rest of the classics they played tonight.
The F Bush part of the evening was short, and Adrock talked a little about the gay marrigae issue. It always kills the energy of a set, but wasn't as intrusive as usual. (I agreed with him anyway...and supoort their opinions)
Paul Revere was cool too, it was funny because earlier Cypress Hill did a tune that was based on Paul Revere and gave props to the Beasties (It was cool to see Bobo rip it up with them on Congos by the way).
The Strokes (Paris Hilton of rock) gave props to the Beasties when they played after them (while half of the cowd was heading forthe exit) but their set ended rather untimely and weird (check their website for that info).
But yeah anyway...The Beasties truly rocked as good as ever and better than last year at Coachella.
Sorry...I'm a little drunk after the show...

Skarbro
06-13-2004, 03:30 AM
They had a little rust spots but it was definately KICK ASS!

paulb
06-13-2004, 12:11 PM
It was fucking great. I felt like I was in the audience, dancing in my chair with the volume way up.

SAME HERE DUDE!! i was fuckin singing in chair, and blastin the show... i watched 6h of the broadcast... from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs up, to Strokes... Cypress Hills set was fuckin amazing!! what was the name of the song he sang that was in the tune of Paul Revere?

coffinitup
06-13-2004, 12:26 PM
... Cypress Hills set was fuckin amazing!! what was the name of the song he sang that was in the tune of Paul Revere?

Busted in the Hood

redeamerissorry
06-13-2004, 12:27 PM
download it here:

www.redeamer.nl (http://www.redeamer.nl)

greetings,

www.redeamer.nl (http://www.redeamer.nl)

coffinitup
06-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Busted in the Hood

Oh and if you want the lyrics, they are here:
http://www.lyricsdomain.com/3/cypress_hill/busted_in_the_hood.html
They play it all day long on the radio out here

adrock1988
06-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Brass Monkey!!! YOu guys are very lucky..... Open Letter To NYC should be played at Jones Beach

FittenTrimMC
06-14-2004, 12:54 PM
THANK YOU!!!

redeamerissorry and everyone whom hosted the archive.

What a fucking awesome show. If the crowd didn't dance, Fuck em.

DefCali B-Girl
06-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Now I understand why the B-Boys never played the Weenie Roast in the 10+ years it's been around...the crowd is too trendy to appreciate true rap music, and if I'm wrong, that crowd sure had a funny way of showing it. They all knew Brass Monkey and Paul Revere, but the rest of the set might as well have been new music cuz if they hadn't heard it on KROQ, they just never fucken heard it, man.

It's either that or as usual, L. A. is too fucken cool to have a good time, which wouldn't surprise me at a KROQ show.

Oh but give that crowd some fucken Weezer and they loose their mind, fucken idiots.

Kids today, what's the world coming to...fuck KROQ I hope the Beasties never put it down for them again cuz that crowd does not deserve it and wouldn't know a good live show if it spanked that ass.

I've said my peace. I feel better now.

Dr. Spock
06-14-2004, 01:39 PM
what was the alternate 1st beat that was used for root down by MMM?