PDA

View Full Version : Radio 1 this morning

Dirtmunky
06-14-2004, 05:08 AM
This isnt such a huge thing but I thought it was pretty cool. Noel Gallagher of Oasis was on the breakfast show on radio 1 this morning and requested ch-check it out to be played for his wife.

Not much I know, but I thought it was quite interesting to know he and his wife are beastie fans.

Parkey
06-14-2004, 05:42 AM
This isnt such a huge thing but I thought it was pretty cool. Noel Gallagher of Oasis was on the breakfast show on radio 1 this morning and requested ch-check it out to be played for his wife.

Not much I know, but I thought it was quite interesting to know he and his wife are beastie fans.
He's a huge Beasties fan. I've seen him say that Sabotage is one of ten best songs ever written and he did the Unkle remix of Mike D's track

iCEMARiO
06-14-2004, 05:47 AM
Yeah, that was quite cool although she's not his wife yet. The whole show was quite decent with Noel rubbishing Keane throughout :)

Trond E
06-14-2004, 06:27 AM
CYH was constantly played on the Oasis tourbus in 1992.

camo
06-14-2004, 07:47 AM
CYH was constantly played on the Oasis tourbus in 1992.

i heard that too in nme ages ago, i think it was liam who was into it at the time. Quite a lot of indie musicians are into the rough, raw appeal of check your head. Tim burgess (charlatans) once mentioned he admired the fact that it sounds like they put it together in a day.

Dirtmunky
06-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Cool, Thanks for the info, didnt realise they were such big fans.

Parkey
06-14-2004, 03:30 PM
I also saw Gallagher saying he thinks Trainspotting was direcetly influenced by Sabotage and he wishes Oasis could do a Beastie style video. No chance Gallagher!