PDA

View Full Version : WHFS yada yada yada...

sethomas
06-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Apparently the people at this station, whom are giving away tickets to a show, a show that most of us here would kill our mothers to get into [i really love my mom..but she would understand] thought it would be funny to post some emails people sent, trying to somehow get in on the giveaway....

and well, it kinda is funny. check it out...
http://www.whfs.com/beastie_sob.php

im the "simon". i wonder if a good lawyer good force them into giving me tickets for using something i wrote? :D

i wish they gave me a cooler alias, simon? c-mon

vindictivimmune
06-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Figured that was you when I read it online yesterday. Though I understand your desire and dedication. Let me just say as a long time resident of this area, and knowing the availability of these tix, excuse me wristbands for the show. I would be upset, if I knew you got to go and that I, a local did not. Why? Not that I am doubting your loyalty and extreme desire to go. But this show is "geared" as in the promotions for the local DC and subburbs to see the beasties in an intimate venue. I treasure that idea and since Its been more than a decade since I have even been in the same country as a tour, then I would like the chance.

Again, let me say, if you were able to go... that would be fine... you got your way in... but it takes away my opportunity.

Not mad, just sad... still no tix :(

QueenAdrock
06-15-2004, 05:30 PM
I know what you mean. It's used to promote WHFS, they keep saying "It's exclusively for WHFS listeners" and all of that. I'd feel kind of cheated if I, a devoted listener to WHFS anyways, didn't get tickets and someone out of state who's never heard of the station before gets in.

Why are people so desperate to get into this show? There's shows in NYC and NJ coming up!

bukro
06-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Because this should've been our show...the HFS drama really fucked things up.
Jersey is pretty close but the 9:30 has been close to a many fans heart for quite some time...
B

DCBBFan
06-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Because the 9:30 Club is almost always winning the title of Best Night Club in the country. It's not an arena, or stadium, or college basketball court. It often wins. Or it has since it moved locations. I don't think it won many awards in it's original location, tho it was great as well.

Nightclub Venue Of The Year 2004:
9:30 Club

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=3098

BeastieBoys.com
06-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Well regardless of who deserves to get into the show more, someone from Maine or Jersey, because sethomas was made a mockery of on the WHFS site, we pulled some strings and got you on the list bro.

MAKE SURE TO PM ME YOUR FULL NAME. And hit the road. It's like 10 hours away. Someone call this fool and wake him up. He's got some driving to do.

LiquidNinja
06-17-2004, 12:44 AM
:eek: holy crap!! that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! goddamn beastieboys.com is the best site on the web. (y) (y) (!)

i hope this guy gets the message soon enough!

KingPsyz
06-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey mr./mrs. mysterious beastieboys.com type person(s).
I'd like to just say I respect you tenfold more than I did right now for that gesture. I know you can't and won't be able to do shit like that for most. But it says alot for you and the management™ team here right now.
That's just an awesome thing.

Big Ups

coffinitup
06-17-2004, 02:24 AM
(y) Absolutely UNREAL!
This is beautiful!
i sure hope the lucky guy gets notified in time!
i am in awe at your generosity!
WOW! (y)

RUBen1off
06-17-2004, 08:56 AM
HOLY FUCK!!!!

I got his number at home! He is going to be so hyped you won't believe it.
Now that is some motherfuckin fan appreciation right there!!

edit: He said he was leaving early in the morning so he might be on his way now. If it makes any difference, that is his real name so maybe his ID will help if he can't PM you with all that info.

DCBBFan
06-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Pretty good, pretty good; pretty neat, pretty neat. Hope he gets the intel and hits the road ASAP!

vindictivimmune
06-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Damn that is money. Well good for "simon" hahah. Sometimes a good mix of fans and locals is what a kick ass show is all about. Ya I am a little sad he got the hook up, but he stuck his neck out and his true fanness won out.

Well I am still trying to find out who IMed me in the middle of the night. And why I havent gotten a reply yet.

Also I went to work today feeling optimistic. And the toxins in the A/C ducts got to me again. My left eye has swollen shut and I just went back home, where I am now... working from home... but for now, it's two benedryl and a claritin... ice mask on my face and some lay down time.

Hopefully swelling will go down before I try to make my way to the club and start looking at people with my puppy dog eyes.

~Andrea

RUBen1off
06-17-2004, 10:16 AM
You know what...I'm not sad at all. I think that its tight. He drove all the way from Maine to maybe...just maybe get into the show. Now that is some hardcore dedication for the Beatsies. He is right outside the venue now, so hopefully everything works out, even though he doesn't know how to get hold of Beatieboys.com without a computer.

BeastieBoys.com
06-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Shazam, we got all of the SOB story people in.

Leo Bozell
P.J. Philbin
Amanda Bissette
Seth Hasty

If you are reading this, you're on the guest list.

LiquidNinja
06-17-2004, 11:57 AM
:eek: (y) (!) (y)

BeastieBoys.com
06-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Please don't PM me to get into the show. I wish I could, but I can't. We're all full. Just wanted to do something good for the people who had their SOB stories exposed.

JBernas
06-17-2004, 12:53 PM
That was VERY cool.... See? There ARE nice people out there! You have restored my faith in humanity....just hope that they all get the message in time. That would really suck to sit home tonight only to log on tomorrow and realize you could have gone :eek:

BeastieBoys.com
06-17-2004, 01:20 PM
That was VERY cool.... See? There ARE nice people out there! You have restored my faith in humanity....just hope that they all get the message in time. That would really suck to sit home tonight only to log on tomorrow and realize you could have gone :eek:

They have all been contacted by phone except one, since I don't have her phone #. No one believed me when I called them, but after some convincing that is wasn't bullshit, they'll be there.

vindictivimmune
06-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Looks like I am in!.... Well we'll know for sure once that wristband is on... but thank you... thank you thank you....

All the support and emails have been great. :)

ALL the DC heads (and Mr. Maine), I hope to meet you all. I am very approachable as one day I plan to run for office in MD/FED. :D

Andrea aka vindictiveimmunity on the yahoo and the msn!!!

DCBBFan
06-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Looks like I am in!.... Well we'll know for sure once that wristband is on... but thank you... thank you thank you....

All the support and emails have been great. :)

ALL the DC heads (and Mr. Maine), I hope to meet you all. I am very approachable as one day I plan to run for office in MD/FED. :D

Andrea aka vindictiveimmunity on the yahoo and the msn!!!

Fantastic news. Also, great on the SOB stories. Interesting that HFS fronted the SOB stories but wouldn't reward them. Kudos.

BeastieBoys.com
06-17-2004, 03:57 PM
]Interesting that HFS fronted the SOB stories but wouldn't reward them.

Well they helped us get their contact info and thought it was a great idea... so you can't sweat them too much. But I for one did think it was kind of strange to post those letters making fun of them.