PDA

View Full Version : 53rd and Broadway

BeastieBoys.com
06-14-2004, 08:42 PM
You hardcore NYC fans might want to head over to

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/maps//maps/extmap/*-http://maps.yahoo.com//maps_result?name=&ed=mG0Jtep_0TqXD_cFuBjm72m06JiINoapT8jfojVcF6PVPEC fvyVf9SZbDArCAYptNGHSWVHpLFGFNa6CMTrmI590oSCMNpKR6 66Pv7.HEj0-&csz=New+York%2C+NY+10019&desc=&mag=10&ds=n&state=NY&uzip=10019&country=US&BFKey=put&resize=s

around 5pm tomorrow (6/15).

Don't say we don't treat you well over here at BeastieBoys.com!

:)

coreynyc
06-14-2004, 08:47 PM
I guess this means the Letterman performance is outside.

So that would take care of Manhattan and from what I hear, Brooklyn's performance will be at Prospect Park Banshell.

Where will the other 3 borough's performances be????

Michelle*s_Farm
06-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I guess this means the Letterman performance is outside.

So that would take care of Manhattan and from what I hear, Brooklyn's performance will be at Prospect Park Banshell.

Where will the other 3 borough's performances be????

Wicked, what time in Prospect Park? That would be sweet!

Rich Cheney
06-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Most Amazing! Looks like I will be working out of my office @ 53rd and Lex tomorrow!

coreynyc
06-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Wicked, what time in Prospect Park? That would be sweet!

All my friend seemed to know was in the afternoon.

Rich Cheney
06-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Anyword on if this is just a Manhattan thing or should I let the wife know that I will be hopping boroughs today?

Beastie Fan86
06-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey I wanted to know if their was info if they were playing inside or outside. If its in the studio I don't think fans have access of getting in there because you needed to get tickets in advace. I really wanna see them if possible today but am concerned that I will need tickets.

BeastieBoys.com
06-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey I wanted to know if their was info if they were playing inside or outside. If its in the studio I don't think fans have access of getting in there because you needed to get tickets in advace. I really wanna see them if possible today but am concerned that I will need tickets.

Like I said, just be at the intersection and you'll get some bboys action.

Rich Cheney
06-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Will they be fighting the Ramones for the corner?

Rich Cheney
06-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Will they be fighting the Ramones for the corner?

Holy crap good thing I double checked the thread, I would of been standing on the corner of 53rd and 3rd w/my d!ck in my hand.

oldSchoolEd
06-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Dammit its always when I forget to check the forums that something like this comes up. So its almost 7, anyone know whats happening there or if its too late to head over?

cj hood
06-15-2004, 05:30 PM
big bust........they didn't perform outside.....they just we're outside for like 10 minutes to do the beginning of check it out.......and for the few fans that did show up......they got snubbed......no pics or autographs.......ben stiller on the other hand was yuckin it up with the commoners.........so whats up with that?????

oldSchoolEd
06-15-2004, 06:00 PM
That's a bummer, sounds like a waste. Ben Stiller probably wanted to act like he has fans.

Rich Cheney
06-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Thank you Beastie Boys.com for the advance notice.

I resorted to my guerilla tactics and I made the best out of it.
Walking down the block (http://www.thedimitris.com/images/MVI_1724.avi)

JasonP
06-15-2004, 07:19 PM
that was sweet

cj hood
06-15-2004, 08:18 PM

nice work.....i think you were standing next to my boy!!!

Rich Cheney
06-15-2004, 08:53 PM
What was he wearing?

BeastieBoys.com
06-15-2004, 08:58 PM

Sweet. Good stuff.

cj hood
06-16-2004, 07:11 AM
What was he wearing?

tall thin guy w/glasses......with a CBS Sports Hat on.......right at the end of your video you hear "don't worry about it".....it sounds just like him........was it???

Burnout18
06-16-2004, 07:36 AM
That's a bummer, sounds like a waste. Ben Stiller probably wanted to act like he has fans.

Yea seriously who says they are a die hard Ben Stiller Fan. I mean how many ppl are signed up for the Ben Stiller Message Board.

He's funny, but i wouldnt flip a shit if i met him.

Rich Cheney
06-16-2004, 08:20 AM
tall thin guy w/glasses......with a CBS Sports Hat on.......right at the end of your video you hear "don't worry about it".....it sounds just like him........was it???

That's funny, I saw him.

No the "don't worry about it" was me, I tried to hop in the camera and the cop quickly sent me to the side and I was like Don't worry about it jack, I'm down. I'm down.

cj hood
06-16-2004, 08:29 AM
that's my homeboy.....you sound just like him......

blAHchYd
06-16-2004, 04:03 PM
daaaaag! i wish i was all over that shit! I'm glad i got to see it on the tube though.

who would wanna meet that creep ben stiller anyways?

and, typically, it's just like the dumbass to watch his shitty lil fanbase instead of a phresh Beastie jam...a whole beastie video, no less! dag....that's all i say.

and now a boarder of beastieboys.com is talking shit about the Beastie Boys being "fucked up? fucking up their fans? dickin them over cuz of a cd tag?" ...shit...

anywayz, for those of you who saw em......much respect!, i was busy meeting KottonmouthKings and watchin a funk show they put on....it sounds like that Beastie Boys performance was DEF. one of a kind and not to be missed. I was too scurred that they were only gonna be performin inside the studio and me n that chick would be left in the dumps.

How big were the Amps they were jamming from? I really been wonderin this.

BGirl
06-17-2004, 10:49 AM
How big were the Amps they were jamming from? I really been wonderin this.

This was a blast, thanks Mr. Administrator for letting us share in the fun. (y) The performance was incredible. Shazam! and Abracadabra!

Your question about amps, do you mean while they were performing outside? I could be wrong but I think we didn't hear anything except Adrock's voice when they passed us. I was thinking maybe MMM's beats were transmitted to wireless earphones? It all happened so fast I could be wrong, but we definitely saw them coming before we heard anything, and then it was just the one line of the song (until later by the stage door, which they left open a crack).

Nice bit of guerrilla film(video)making. Was it a Nathaniel Hornblower production?

blAHchYd
06-20-2004, 03:53 PM
yeah, Bgirl, you got what i was saying!

I was just wondering if they had some portable amps to amplify their voices n MMM's beats, but i dig the response, i appreciate that unreal much

That must've been fuckin gnarly, to hear their voices w/ no amplification and no beats....that's fuckin cool. an Acapella in the streets pretty much.

It's nice to hear ya had a great time. . . i wish i was there!
(y)

BGirl
06-20-2004, 09:39 PM
yeah, Bgirl, you got what i was saying!

I was just wondering if they had some portable amps to amplify their voices n MMM's beats, but i dig the response, i appreciate that unreal much

That must've been fuckin gnarly, to hear their voices w/ no amplification and no beats....that's fuckin cool. an Acapella in the streets pretty much.

It's nice to hear ya had a great time. . . i wish i was there!
(y)

Glad to share the joy. It was all that you said!