PDA

View Full Version : PANCAKES

spacemonkey
06-15-2004, 07:39 AM
I've been thinking about them all day. They're a bitch to find here, you can't buy them in the markets in Korea. How about making them from scratch... anybody got skills? That's a little outta my league.

Just add water is my style.

little j
06-15-2004, 07:57 AM
i usually use the jiffy or bisquick mix. i add two eggs and some butter.

i like pancakes rich and buttery...

i haven't made pancakes in a long time.

Ich_bin_der_Tod
06-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Pancakes ? with Apples ! cut them in slices and mix it with the rest ,

and the topping , sugar and cinnamon , hmmmm (y)

jabumbo
06-16-2004, 12:15 PM
egg yolkes make me sick....and i dont eat breakfast very often....i enjoy buttermilk pancakes from a couple places around here that are premier breakfast places

NicRN77
06-16-2004, 01:46 PM
I have never been successful with making pancakes. I always burn them! I make great french toast though!

spacemonkey
06-17-2004, 09:59 AM
mmmm I smell maple syrup now.

apollo hop
06-17-2004, 10:14 AM
pancakes :)

jabumbo
06-17-2004, 10:56 AM
i could go for a nice big belgian waffle with real maple syrup, whipped cream, and strawberries on it....

Helen_22
06-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Real Dutch pannenkoeken with lots of syrup...yummy!

spacemonkey
06-17-2004, 10:23 PM
i could go for a nice big belgian waffle with real maple syrup, whipped cream, and strawberries on it....

yeah boy I like King's Family Restaurant's BelgiumWAffles...

you shuld know Kings... PA man

and Yeunling too...

ahhh the things I miss in PA.

Permani Brothers sandwiches
The Original Hotdog stand french fries
Hoss's Steak and Seahouse

and Yeunling

cosmo105
06-17-2004, 10:27 PM
add raspberries or blackberries (y)

jabumbo
06-18-2004, 10:20 AM
yeah boy I like King's Family Restaurant's BelgiumWAffles...

you shuld know Kings... PA man

and Yeunling too...

ahhh the things I miss in PA.

Permani Brothers sandwiches
The Original Hotdog stand french fries
Hoss's Steak and Seahouse

and Yeunling

i dont really go to hoss's or kings...i go to eat n' park if im looking for a cheap and easy meal...

and the O, yeah man...that shit is the best, but is also can kill you if you eat there too much...

when were you last there? i go to school in oakland, so its right there for me...lots of other places close by as well...

spacemonkey
06-18-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm on the other side of the Earth now - Seoul, Korea...

I went to those places and worked at some of those places for years. circa 87 - 97.

(worked@) Kings n Hoss's

and like the Beasties, I too moved from the east coast to LA for about 5 years.

I'll be going back to Cali in another year.

I used to bring 2 cases of Yeunling in my carry on luggage when traveling east (PGH) to west (LA). Thing is that you can't find Yeunling outside of PA and FL.

Anyway man I gotta say to all the folks here who have posted for pancakes have good taste and don't take flavor for granted.

Echewta
06-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Waffles are crap. Take them out of this thread.

jabumbo
06-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Waffles are crap. Take them out of this thread.

your crap, so lets take you out of this thread...

and i just went to primantis today...excellent kolbassi sandwich...and the slaw was fresh

spacemonkey
06-21-2004, 08:26 AM
and i just went to primantis today...excellent kolbassi sandwich...and the slaw was fresh

you done right by me, good stuff... ahhh.

first stop when I'm back in the Burgh.

sad to announce the last time I smelled maple syrup turned out to be some Chinesse medicine that my accupuncture doctor gave me. I still haven't gotten pancake mix, yet. I made some "Freedom toast" the other day and had to use jelly to top it. It sometimes can suck not being able to buy your goods in a foreign country.

jabumbo
06-21-2004, 11:19 AM
what puts you down in that part of the world anyway?

spacemonkey
06-21-2004, 04:52 PM
what puts you down in that part of the world anyway?

well it's my wife that brought me here, she is Korean. were outtie on a year and a half.

BTW where did you go to HS?
me: Greensburg Salem (Westmoreland County)

b-grrrlie
06-21-2004, 05:17 PM
2½ - 3 dl white flour
½ tsp salt
(1 dl sugar)
6 dl milk
3 eggs
2-3 tbsp butter or margarine

Whip it, whip it good!

Fry in a hot pan 'till golden brown.
Serve with strawberry jam! *licks lips*

spacemonkey
06-22-2004, 02:30 AM
2½ - 3 dl white flour
½ tsp salt
(1 dl sugar)
6 dl milk
3 eggs
2-3 tbsp butter or margarine

Whip it, whip it good!

Fry in a hot pan 'till golden brown.
Serve with strawberry jam! *licks lips*

yumm... thanks that's my weekend projectfor shure.

jabumbo
06-22-2004, 11:29 AM
i went to carrick high school, its in the city of pgh school district. in the south hills area, near baldwin? if you know that...its right down the road from there...

i think i actually went to a band show at your school in 98-99 somehwere...and i remember it was pouring down rain. the most fun i have ever had

what_the_doofus
06-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Denny's makes excellent pancakes.

The_PancakeKing
06-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Fuck Denny's. It's all about IHOP.

apollo hop
06-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Denny's is old school

NicRN77
06-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Denny's is good when you are drunk or hungover. I always get the All American Slam. Best place for pancakes up here is Parker's Maple Barn. Yum!

FuzzyBeastie
06-23-2004, 12:57 AM
IHOP is the shit. denny's is so old school, it's not even funny. i remember, long ago, when the power went out at my house so we had to eat out for dinner, and for some odd reason, my family has the gift of clearing an entire section of a restaurant out in 2 minutes. as soon as we sit down, people just start getting up and leaving. anyway, so yeah, it happened that time, and we were all alone, when suddenly this batch of actual clowns came in and sat right next to us. we all had a drunken good time, but then, driving home, we heard the faint sound of the siren...the eery, haunting tune of the circus theme as it came up behind us. the clowns were all hanging out the windows with beer bottles in their hands, pointy rainbow hair frazzled. eventually we lost them. true story. still makes me cry.

weapon x
06-23-2004, 03:02 AM
My girlfriend makes these awesome apple and cinnamon pancakes served with whipped cream. I like pancakes.

b-grrrlie
06-23-2004, 04:52 AM
I found a vegan recipy:

PANCAKES WITHOUT EGGS (12 pcs)

Put 2 dl of lined seeds in 6 dl water overnight. Sieve off the seeds and use the fluid. If the fluid is too thick to sieve add a little water. You can use the seeds in baking bread! Quicker version is to mix the seeds and water with a hand mixer and then sieve the fluid.

RECIPY
3 dl linen seed fluid
5 dl wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp vanilla sugar
3 dl soymilk (or water)
100 g melted margarine

Whip the ingredients and let it swell a few minutes. Fry on a hot pan with a little margarine. The mixture is at it's best if you let it swell overnight in the fridge.

jabumbo
06-23-2004, 08:36 AM
being vegan sounds like too much work to be able to eat...i like the fact that i will eat almost anything, because i can just grab anything out of the fridge and just eat without worrying if its an animal or something...

i heard the other day that the founder of IHOP just died a few days back...he was a good man...

Echewta
06-23-2004, 04:41 PM
your crap, so lets take you out of this thread...

what about my crap? Oh, did you mean "you're crap?" I see, that makes sense.

choke on a waffle and kiss the starfish.

jabumbo
06-23-2004, 08:04 PM
thanks for correkting 1 of my many speling mistaxes

it is gratelee apprisseeated!

and yes, you can ear your crap on a waffle...ever try it? tastes like corn if you ask me

spacemonkey
06-23-2004, 09:15 PM
hey fellas we don't need a food fight...

if I could borrow some of Paul Jones' words of wisdom this place needs a disco or something