PDA

View Full Version : Alive Remix

moww
06-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Here's my first remix (I play around a lot but this is the first thing I've ever made longer than 30 seconds)
It's of Alive mostly because it was the only acapella I could find. Where do you guys get those from?

***Added edited version, check it out at the same page as before: :D ***
http://www.audiostreet.net/artists/004/214/regrettable_anthems.html

Here's my methods
Acid Pro (mixing, basic editing)
Sound Forge (editing, sampling)
Hammerhead Rhythm Station (drum machine--does anybody out there know of a better software drum machine? I don't really like this one (FL Studio doesn't work on my computer))

Samples are from
Beastie Boys - Funky Boss
Beastie Boys - Alive
Beastie Boys - Pass the Mic
Afrika Bambaataa - Looking for the Perfect Beat
BS 2000 - Better Better
Blackalicious - A to G
Blackalicious - Alphabet Aerobics
Daft Punk - Crescendolls
Mr. Scruff - Terrapin - Bonobo (I cut up the beat and redid it in Hammerhead to thicken the Pass the Mic beat)

Thanks and please if you're going to leave praise or hatred leave some comments or suggestions too :p.

landos_dad
06-26-2004, 11:57 AM
I think the intro is great. I wish you had kept the Funky Boss bass as the main backbone dropping it back in for verses or chorus, givving the track more consistency.
But other than that good mix (y)

Uru-Nitro
06-26-2004, 12:03 PM
very nice mix for being your first (y)
I wish you had kept the Funky Boss bass as the main backbone dropping it back in for verses or chorus, givving the track more consistency.
i agree

moww
06-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys, I agree that the Funky Boss baseline is probably the highlight (i also liked the Daft Punk, Blackalicious near the end too) but that it didn't end up being consistant. I think I was striving too much to mix it up and I never really thought that the beginning flowed well into the end anyway. Also it didn't help that the acapella wasn't recorded with something that thick in mind.

romanpetr
06-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Hey,not so bad! Only many people used Pass the Mic(original) bit already...But whole stuff is 4 from 5! ;) (y)

moww
06-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Don't worry, that's the first and last edit I'll post, I'm sure that can get annoying.

what_the_doofus
06-26-2004, 04:44 PM
nice job.

coupedeville
12-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Um, the body movin' remix was F*cking Sick. I'm still trying to hunt down the Alive mix. I might have to PM you.

SpuffyRJ
12-27-2004, 08:20 PM
cool remixes =)