PDA

View Full Version : What? Programs? Pshh...

dmfay89
07-02-2004, 04:44 PM
alrighty.. gettin down to the skinny.. seein exactly what everyone is up to.. what programs and tools are you all usin for your editing and remixing needs?

Nick Jade
07-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Fruity Loops and Acid.

Auton
07-02-2004, 09:14 PM
SOOPER DOOPER MUSIC LOOPER

dmfay89
07-03-2004, 12:19 AM
whats the acid site?

what are some free audio sites with loops and effects?

landos_dad
07-03-2004, 05:34 AM
For many loops and some effects try FlashKit.com (http://www.flashkit.com)

It's mostly a resource for users of the web application Flash, but they have a huge section of sounds too, mostly loops. They can be download in wavs or mp3s. You might come across some of my loops as I used to submit loops there many moons ago ;)

But I would recommend getting a program like FL Studio and making your own loops rather than using bit that have been done by others.

dmfay89
07-03-2004, 11:25 AM
yeh i use adobe audition ..pretty damn sweet program havnt figured everything out yet but its workin really well.. thanks for the help..

ill look into that prog i guess.. more resouces the merrier ..lmao thnx

MarkedCube
07-03-2004, 08:17 PM
But I would recommend getting a program like FL Studio and making your own loops rather than using bit that have been done by others.

Well, its good to start out with using prerecorded loops, that way you'll learn about what it takes to make a great song. Thats how I'm starting, I don't know how to play a midi keyboard or don't have all this equipment to plug into my small laptop. You guys will hear from me very soon. Keep your ears pealed.

landos_dad
07-03-2004, 08:26 PM
With FL Studio, you don't need a midi keyboard and you don't need to be able to play.
For one, the QWERTY keyboard can be used as a music keyboard and if you can imagine a short loop in your head, then you can draw the midi notes into the piano roll note for note ;)

MarkedCube
07-03-2004, 08:36 PM
With FL Studio, you don't need a midi keyboard and you don't need to be able to play.
For one, the QWERTY keyboard can be used as a music keyboard and if you can imagine a short loop in your head, then you can draw the midi notes into the piano roll note for note ;)

Sounds cool, I'll probably give them a try later on. But for now I'm trying to build up a loop library, magazines like Computer Music Monthly offer free loops every month and you can get some off of Acidplanet.com.