PDA

View Full Version : How i got banned @ #beastieboys

tgnb
07-05-2004, 01:38 AM
<tgnb> funny i kinda expected more people in here :)
--- mbl has changed the topic to: BeastieBoys.com - <astrok> HELL YEA I'M A DIRTY WHITE BOY
<Deep_Sea_Rain> not on the 4th, biatch
<Deep_Sea_Rain> haha
<tgnb> guess irc is still somewhat strange for regular people
<tgnb> the 4th?
<Deep_Sea_Rain> of july
<Deep_Sea_Rain> are you man enough?
<tgnb> ??
<tgnb> whats that got to do with anything?
<astrok> tgnb 4th of july is a holiday in the us
<tgnb> #gentoo 29 ops 808 total
<tgnb> i'm used to hundres of people in irc chatrooms
<mbl> hundres?
<tgnb> mbl, yes #gentoo on freenode - 29 ops 808 total
<mbl> wtf is hundres?
<tgnb> its 3:14 am on Jul 5.. the night of Jul 4th.....
<tgnb> so what i misspelled hundeds :p ... and if you don't like it.. they hey......
<mbl> what is hundeds?
<tgnb> LOL
<tgnb> undreads
<tgnb> hundes
<tgnb> a LOT :) ok?
<mbl> you on crack or something?
<mbl> hundred?
<mbl> 100?
<tgnb> wow took you a while
<tgnb> :)
<mbl> dude, i speak english
<mbl> i don't got time to figure out your misspellings
<tgnb> wait a fucking second "i dont got time" ...? thats supposed to be English??? are you retarded?
<tgnb> if you wanna talk english... then dont be a dick
<mbl> it is english
<mbl> go back to your freegaynode chat rooms
--- You have been kicked from #beastieboys by mbl (mbl)
--> You are now talking on #beastieboys
--- Topic for #beastieboys is BeastieBoys.com - <astrok> HELL YEA I'M A DIRTY WHITE BOY
--- Topic for #beastieboys set by mbl at Mon Jul 5 03:14:03 2004
<mbl> dude, im not in charge
<Deep_Sea_Rain> and i am very trust worthy
<Deep_Sea_Rain> hahaha
<mbl> i woulda given ya ops already
<mbl> im a good ruler
<tgnb> lol
<Deep_Sea_Rain> thats nice, a merciful king
<mbl> until cassie got ops
<mbl> under 17 can't get ops
<mbl> that is a rule that i broke
<tgnb> thanks bro.. i guess you right yo.. dats ingles tambien
<Deep_Sea_Rain> ah
--- You have been kicked from #beastieboys by mbl (come back when im gone)
--- Topic for #beastieboys is BeastieBoys.com - <astrok> HELL YEA I'M A DIRTY WHITE BOY
--- You have been kicked from #beastieboys by mbl (im still here)
--- mbl sets ban on *!*@dsl-9-161.cofs.net
--- You have been kicked from #beastieboys by mbl (im still here!)

Beth
07-05-2004, 02:03 AM
So?

@water
07-05-2004, 06:48 AM
<tgnb> funny i kinda expected more people in here :)
--- mbl has changed the topic to: BeastieBoys.com - <astrok> HELL YEA I'M A DIRTY WHITE BOY
<Deep_Sea_Rain> not on the 4th, biatch

//...//

s by mbl (im still here)
--- mbl sets ban on *!*@dsl-9-161.cofs.net
--- You have been kicked from #beastieboys by mbl (im still here!)
Hmm, I only understand half the words in that post. Does that make me look old?

tpk
07-05-2004, 07:28 AM
yeah that sucks. we were gonna try to organize the chat but we didn't fully complete the task.

tgnb
07-05-2004, 10:52 AM
So?

<mbl> dude, i speak english
<mbl> i don't got time to figure out your misspellings

Lets just say, that If you're gonna give someone shit for listening to Britney Spears, you best do it while the other person can't hear the Backstreet Boys coming out of your speakers.

mbl
07-05-2004, 10:55 AM
conversation is kinda hard to follow cuz when he was kicked, words were typed. sure the bot has it all logged

be fair to everyone who enters the chat even the ones who cannot speak english well.
however this person is merely a troll. jump from chat room to chat room. they are not a beastie boy follower hence his first post in here and i never saw him before in the irc chat.
an outsider who wanted to cause a rukus with his inability to spell.

id kick him again
but not anyone else who is there to converse for enjoyment with other beastie followers.

as far as the overall flow the irc chat, it is going really well. everyone should come in there cuz we have a fun time in there

tgnb
07-06-2004, 12:54 PM
however this person is merely a troll. jump from chat room to chat room. they are not a beastie boy follower hence his first post in here and i never saw him before in the irc chat.
an outsider who wanted to cause a rukus with his inability to spell.

You are jumping to all kinds of conclusions and conspiracy theories here.
To be a beastie boys fan its NOT required to post here on a regular basis. To be a beastie boys fan its NOT required to be a regular @ #beastieboys
So just because I never posted here before, or just because you never saw me in the chan doesnt make me ANY less of a fan.

I came to the chan to chat with some beastie boys fans. I was shaken by the fact that some guy would be a total dick to me because I misspelled a word and then ban me because I pointed out his own grammar mistake. I felt that this kind of treatment to people who are new to the chan is inappropriate and thought i'd post it here for all to see.

It says a lot about a person who knows how to dish out heat but can't handle it when its brought back.

tgnb
07-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Ugh. Retard.

Would you mind sharing with me why you would call me a retard? If you're gonna attack me, at least give me an opportunity to explain myself. Name calling alone isn't going to get you anywhere :(

TAL
07-06-2004, 01:13 PM
tgnb!

You came to the channel and the first thing you did was to complain about the lack of people in there. What does that have to do with the Beastie Boys? And then you continued with telling the room about how you are used to a much larger number of people in chat rooms. Still nothing about the Beastie Boys. And who cares how many people are in a room, that doesn't necessarily make it better.

mandy
07-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the world of forums. People think that since they are faceless it doesn't matter how they treat other people. I've learned that ALL forums are like this. My best advice is ignore the idiots and add your opinion when ever you want. After all it is JUST a forum.

mbl
07-06-2004, 06:55 PM
enough is enough

Burnout18
07-06-2004, 09:05 PM
You are jumping to all kinds of conclusions and conspiracy theories here.
To be a beastie boys fan its NOT required to post here on a regular basis. To be a beastie boys fan its NOT required to be a regular @ #beastieboys
So just because I never posted here before, or just because you never saw me in the chan doesnt make me ANY less of a fan.

I came to the chan to chat with some beastie boys fans. I was shaken by the fact that some guy would be a total dick to me because I misspelled a word and then ban me because I pointed out his own grammar mistake. I felt that this kind of treatment to people who are new to the chan is inappropriate and thought i'd post it here for all to see.

It says a lot about a person who knows how to dish out heat but can't handle it when its brought back.

Yea some people like to pretend this is thier own little club, and only thier friends are allowed in.

tgnb
07-07-2004, 02:07 PM
You need to get outside more. You're just taking things a little bit too seriously.
The Rev. Jason

Thanks for trying to insult me. (n)

tgnb
07-07-2004, 02:12 PM
tgnb!
You came to the channel and the first thing you did was to complain about the lack of people in there. What does that have to do with the Beastie Boys? And then you continued with telling the room about how you are used to a much larger number of people in chat rooms. Still nothing about the Beastie Boys. And who cares how many people are in a room, that doesn't necessarily make it better.

TAL,

I was surprised about the number of people in the chatroom and mentioned it. Maybe I shouldnt have "thought out loud". I certainly wasn't complaining about it as you put it. At least that wasn't my intention. From there the conversation took its course over the next couple of minutes. Before I knew it i was kicked and banned, without warning. I guess there is noting i can say to prove to anyone that i had NO intentions whatsoever to create havoc in the chan. Why does everyone here assume the worst instead of giving people the benefit of the doubt?

TAL
07-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Why does everyone here assume the worst instead of giving people the benefit of the doubt?
I don't know.

tgnb
07-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Damn nigga. I was implying not to take me too seriously. Don't get shit twisted.

So far you haven't added ANYTHING new or worthwhile to the conversation (except attemtps to insult me). If you have nothing to add to the discussion and have nothing positive to say it would probably be better not to say anything at all.

tgnb
07-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the world of forums. People think that since they are faceless it doesn't matter how they treat other people. I've learned that ALL forums are like this. My best advice is ignore the idiots and add your opinion when ever you want. After all it is JUST a forum.

Mandy, After spending a few days in here and seeing how this thread is evolving i have to agree with your advice and will heed it. Just so you know also though, not all Forums and IRC channels are like this. I'm on quite a few forums and even run a small one myself. Maybe its because they are more tech/computer oriented forums, but I can't say that there's any outright namecalling and other idiocy on the forums i frequent.

BB_Macintosh
07-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Damn nigga. I was implying not to take me too seriously. Don't get shit twisted.

don't say nigga. It's racist. Do you hate the negro people or something?

BB_Macintosh
07-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Your not african american. And negro is not rascist.

TT5B19
07-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Dumbass......

BB_Macintosh
07-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Smartass...

Daisy
07-08-2004, 08:38 PM
yeah that sucks. we were gonna try to organize the chat but we didn't fully complete the task.

There is your answer dude. You guys want to fight? Take it outside.

I'd say more but my opinions aren't really gonna add any value here.