PDA

View Full Version : MC's Premiere Remix:Pass the Mic (6 sided bass cube remix)

MarkedCube
07-06-2004, 09:53 PM
All right here it is, my first remix, hope you guys enjoy it! ;)

Pass the Mic (6 sided bass cube remix) (http://homepage.mac.com/mark_m84/cuberemixes.html)

If I was to remix only one Beastie Boys track it would have to be Pass the Mic which is my all time favorite. The only sample I used for this remix is a small part of intergalactic, everything else is 100% original and fresh. I didn't really want to use the same beat throughout the entire mix, so I decided to change it every so often. Keep you guessing and grooving at the same time. What inspired me to do this was how Mix Master Mike changes beats on the fly during live shows. The hardest part of this mix is evening out all the beats so they can be more soothing to the ears. This remix took almost 2 months to complete, as I would work on it for a week, then take a week off, finally come back to it with a fresh pair of ears and fix up the crappy parts. Now its finally done and here for you to download. (y)

Nygel
07-06-2004, 10:05 PM
is it for the contest? it won't let me download it (yes i right clicked and saved, i think its becuz its on some mac thing) so i guess i won't hear it unless u have msn messanger....or r on the hub, cuz i really want to hear it

MarkedCube
07-07-2004, 12:18 AM
It works now ;)

landos_dad
07-07-2004, 02:38 AM
Great music mate, but I'm having problems trying to hear the music and the acappella together as one song...they're both sounding somewhat separated to my ears.
It does sync sometimes, but only a few times. 3mins36secs in was almost there... sounded good.
Don't want to come across harsh, I'm just being honest.
As I said the music is great, but I feel you need to tweak to fit along side the acappella, they just dont sound like one song to me at the moment.

moww
07-07-2004, 04:28 AM
Almost there, just try this one idea for me: listen to the orignal Pass the Mic and note what part of the acapella happens when the snare hits. It sounds to me like you have the kick parts in the orignal going on during the snare parts in your song (I'm sure there's some way to say what I just said in music speak, but I have no idea what it would be). This song has a lot of potential though, good luck!

MarkedCube
07-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the replies so far :)

You guys have good ears, I had a feeling something was a little off or just wasn't right and I didn't know what. I'll listen to the original Pass the Mic a few times and see what I can do. I liked using speedy beats and didn't want to slow them down, but if I ever make another remix, I'll be sure to get the BPMs right. If you have anything positive/negative or any tips to say, feel free to speak your mind.