PDA

View Full Version : Request/Challenge... You guys are so good!

MCScoobyT
07-06-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm impressed with everyone remixes and want to say thanks for sharing them!

Here's a remix idea I dreamed up, but I have no skills... So I challenge any of you to make it happen.

A remix of 'Rhyme the Rhyme Well' with:
-Added verses by Rev. RUN, DMC and maybe even Hurricane (The song already uses the 'WEELLL' Run-Dmc sample)
-Added scratches by JMJ
-A new beat, something reminisant of old Rick Rubin (Dj Double R) and the Rush/DEF Jam days (Maybe even a mash-up)

I'd find a lesser know Rev. Run rhyme maybe somthing off their newer less popular albums, same with the DMC verse but from a different song. As far as a Hurra verse, somthing off his Severe Damage CD would be choice, maybe the frist verse off "East, West, South"

Don't tell me you can't do it becease there's no accapellas, get creative. I know someone has it in 'em, Taco Zip? Landos Dad? Cheap Cologne?

I don't have much to offer as a reward besides my graditude, but I guess I could burn you a copy of Hurras 'Sever Damage' (it's out of print so it would'nt be money outta 'Caines pocket) as a reward.

Get to work! Mix masters!!

jimmyjrg
07-07-2004, 06:15 AM
I'm impressed with everyone remixes and want to say thanks for sharing them!

Here's a remix idea I dreamed up, but I have no skills... So I challenge any of you to make it happen.

A remix of 'Rhyme the Rhyme Well' with:
-Added verses by Rev. RUN, DMC and maybe even Hurricane (The song already uses the 'WEELLL' Run-Dmc sample)
-Added scratches by JMJ
-A new beat, something reminisant of old Rick Rubin (Dj Double R) and the Rush/DEF Jam days (Maybe even a mash-up)

I'd find a lesser know Rev. Run rhyme maybe somthing off their newer less popular albums, same with the DMC verse but from a different song. As far as a Hurra verse, somthing off his Severe Damage CD would be choice, maybe the frist verse off "East, West, South"

Don't tell me you can't do it becease there's no accapellas, get creative. I know someone has it in 'em, Taco Zip? Landos Dad? Cheap Cologne?

I don't have much to offer as a reward besides my graditude, but I guess I could burn you a copy of Hurras 'Sever Damage' (it's out of print so it would'nt be money outta 'Caines pocket) as a reward.

Get to work! Mix masters!!
The "well" is Chuck D.
Severe Damage is still avaliable, I have two.

MCScoobyT
07-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the Chuck D sample, maybe a verse from him would round out my remix dream song.

So besides correcting my misques, what do you guys think of the song idea?

...lastly out of print (no new copyies begin made by the lable) and still avaible (used or bought from someone who has an unopened copy) are two different things. But hey your the pro, so you must know.

jimmyjrg
07-07-2004, 11:42 PM
...lastly out of print (no new copyies begin made by the lable) and still avaible (used or bought from someone who has an unopened copy) are two different things. But hey your the pro, so you must know.
Yeah I know, I was just in a bad mood :P
I think it's a great idea though, I always loved mega-mixes with many different artists.