PDA

View Full Version : Watermelon Lemonade

Daisy
07-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Crystal light lemonade mixed with watermelon puree'

I had a lot of extra watermelon from a fruit salad and I stuck it in the blender and made a puree'. ** Strain it. Then I made the Crystal Light and mixed 1/4 puree' with 3/4 lemonade. I served it over ice.

I'm guess it might even be good with a hit of some lemon flavored Vodka in it for the big kids.

** you can freeze the puree for a day or two.

Daisy
07-07-2004, 04:39 PM
It was a last minute idea that went over big. Another one of our clients was there and she requested it for her BBQ we are catering on the 17th. Let me know what you think of it!

Leipziger
07-07-2004, 06:50 PM
What is Crystal Light?

Leip

Daisy
07-07-2004, 10:06 PM
What is Crystal Light?

Leip

Crystal Light (http://www.kraftfoods.com/crystallight/cl_products.html)

I'm sure any type of lemonade will do. I just don't make it really REALLY sweet or I add a lot of ice to cut the sweetness. Crystal Light powder is an easy way to control that.

ms.peachy
07-08-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm sure any type of lemonade will do.

Sounds yummy.

FYI for the unaware - "lemonade" in the UK means, like, 7up or Sprite. I'm not sure what they call US-style lemonade here as I almost never see it sold anywhere - I think maybe they say "still" lemonade, or even just American lemonade :confused: Oh wait, lemon squash, maybe, that might be it.

Daisy
07-08-2004, 11:27 AM
I don't know if it's too much like squash. I had it about 25 years ago, but lemonade is pretty much lemons, water and a TON of sugar. The Crystal Light is nice because it has almost no calories and you can't really taste the artificial sweetner in it.

jabumbo
07-10-2004, 10:34 PM
i love you more and more every day daisy!

i sure missed getting some hookups in this section over the past week...

i did however gain a killer spaghetti sauce recipie knowledge as well as how to cook some delicious sausages and hot peppers for my liking...i will share later on