PDA

View Full Version : cannibis cooking

simple_ben
07-09-2004, 04:00 AM
has anyone got any good weed recipes?

ms.peachy
07-09-2004, 08:16 AM
A good friend of mine is a consumate cannabis cook. Essentially what she does is make a quantity of cannabis "ghee". Ghee is used in Indian cookery; it is basically drawn butter in which she has allowed to the cannabis to steep, then strains. I forget how the whole process goes but that's the basics, ggogle for 'ghee' if you want the full deal.

Basically then she's got a bunch of this buttery stuff, and this can be stored in the freezer until needed. And she just uses it like one would butter in whatever it is you're making/baking.

moww
07-10-2004, 04:12 AM
Reminds me of the butter tea my friend gave me once. Do you have any insight into what it tastes like?

ms.peachy
07-10-2004, 05:59 AM
Do you have any insight into what it tastes like?

yeah, like dirt LOL

I don't mean that in a bad way though. If you garden or keep indoor plants you might know what I mean - that smell when you open a fresh bag of soil. Clean, rich, earthy.

spacemonkey
07-10-2004, 06:12 AM
I once ate some brownies at my bro's 4th of July party. I had on this grass mat coz, stuff looked like astro turf. Anyway the party was hot like off the meat rack fresh and bumpin. My bro, Chris gave me a brownie and was like won't you DJ now. I was ready, my buzz was steady from drinking. No problem I started spinning some warm up shiot (psy-trance= spacemonkey digs it, yeah dance) and after a few songs I was out. I don't remember anything. Friends said I was letting a song go out with dead air for like 5 minutes was like nahh I'm ok. I guess I put on another record and started scratching and getting real messy. It was over no more DJing at Chris' crib and no more brownies for me again.

hornblower
07-10-2004, 07:42 AM
go to weedtv.com(i think thats what its called.. im at work so i can't verify) there is cooking show you can watch.. but you need a shit load of weed

like2_drink
07-10-2004, 11:48 AM
well if you like weed , and if you like tea , ya can make weed tea lol

get some boiling water , throw in some weed , stir the hell out of it , so your not chockin on weed parts , then the boiling water will help get rid of the plant, drink down your weed tea and have a party lol

monkey
07-12-2004, 06:45 PM
along the same lines... ive never made brownies, and i was looking for a good recipe. also, i was wondering if the cookies brings up any smells that are not just of chocolate cooking...

any thoughts?

jabumbo
07-13-2004, 10:57 AM
along the same lines... ive never made brownies, and i was looking for a good recipe. also, i was wondering if the cookies brings up any smells that are not just of chocolate cooking...

any thoughts?

baking just about anything smells good...

moww
07-15-2004, 04:24 AM
Not poop.

im_country_mike
07-15-2004, 08:49 AM
There are so many reciepes! me and my mates made a HUGE hash cake once before we went to see a band at the Astoria and it did the trick, you have to wait a couple of hours before they take effect but it's jokes! It's just like baking an ordinary cake but grate the hash or make sure the skunk is well crumbled before you put it in. It's good!

jabumbo
07-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Not poop.

have you tried it?

"if you havent tried it, don't knock it"
- some smart philosophy guy

Taco Zip
07-18-2004, 03:59 AM
Ever had a space-shake?
Make a milk shake, put weed in it. There ya go.

RUBen1off
07-20-2004, 08:51 AM
A good friend of mine is a consumate cannabis cook. Essentially what she does is make a quantity of cannabis "ghee". Ghee is used in Indian cookery; it is basically drawn butter in which she has allowed to the cannabis to steep, then strains. I forget how the whole process goes but that's the basics, ggogle for 'ghee' if you want the full deal.

Basically then she's got a bunch of this buttery stuff, and this can be stored in the freezer until needed. And she just uses it like one would butter in whatever it is you're making/baking.
That is the best way to do it.

And if you just want to add it in, make sure you have it ground up so its a fine powder. That way you won't get chunks in your mouth every now and then.

G_Rubb
07-20-2004, 02:29 PM
That is the best way to do it.

And if you just want to add it in, make sure you have it ground up so its a fine powder. That way you won't get chunks in your mouth every now and then.

here here money it's gotta be the ghee

RUBen1off
07-21-2004, 07:01 AM
check out this website. A couple of recipes for dat ass.
http://www.hempfiles.com/php/page.php?chapterid=46&id=50

Also, you can just melt some butter, put some ganj in it let it simmer for a while to suck out all the THC, strain it, and put that in the fridge. Its THC butter. Basically the same concept as ghee. And just use that as you would usually use butter. For popcorn, pancakes, so forth and so on.

bradstar
07-21-2004, 07:50 AM
These receipies are great however a true stoner can't be arsed with cooking at the best of times unless its quick or delivered to the door.

Personally Id rather kick back with a fattiebomb battie and pay my respects to Sir Bob :D

ms.peachy
07-21-2004, 08:07 AM
however a true stoner can't be arsed with cooking at the best of times

speak for yourself, sucka!

bradstar
07-21-2004, 08:11 AM
speak for yourself, sucka!

such hostility for a peachy stoner maybe u should get outta the kitchen if u can't take the heat. :D

ms.peachy
07-21-2004, 08:30 AM
such hostility for a peachy stoner maybe u should get outta the kitchen if u can't take the heat. :D

You'll never get me out of there babe. I luuuuuuurve my kitchen.

bradstar
07-21-2004, 08:54 AM
cool u luv ur kitchen i luv my lounge but im interested to know when you or "your good friend!!!" cook this ghee how much scrub is required would you say to get an adaquate effect? as most of the potancy must be lost in the cooking process i would presume?

ms.peachy
07-21-2004, 09:21 AM
how much scrub is required would you say to get an adaquate effect? as most of the potancy must be lost in the cooking process i would presume?

I don't know the answers to these questions. She always had lots, it never seemed to be problem LOL and I do not know what the relative strength is in terms of use of potential. Made some wicked damn cookies, I can tell you that much though.

RUBen1off
07-21-2004, 09:33 AM
however a true stoner can't be arsed with cooking at the best of times unless its quick or delivered to the door
You don't know what you are talking about. Cooking with a buzz is great. Are you one of those stereotypical unproductive stoners (not trying to dis)?

Okay, back to the subject. Here is the deal. The THC is absorbed INTO the butter, so the loss is minimal. Kind of like those vaporizers that the kids use. It leaves the bud there but takes out all the goodness.
The loss is probably less than what you lose when burning a spliff (think of the end thats lit and how much smoke comes off of that).
And how much to use really depends on you and your tolerance. Just experiment with it. I used to throw in 1 1/2 or 2 times what I wanted to smoke. It seemed to work pretty good.

bradstar
07-21-2004, 10:07 AM
You don't know what you are talking about. Cooking with a buzz is great. Are you one of those stereotypical unproductive stoners (not trying to dis)?

Iam a student at uni in england and yes my tollerance is high however I have been giving up smoking well (two weeks and nothing inhaled which is not a bad start) not even fags, hence why I was intrigued.

And you are correct about a biff losing its strength in several ways as a science lecturer once explained this whole process to me way back when, however I also know when you are cooking you must loose sum strength, but as I have never baked a skunk cake or whatever be4 I thought I would ask.

as for the stereotypical unproductive stoners- easy stavros-

I think if you look up the effects of bud unproductivity is one of the most common and expected outcomes of such a past time. So perhaps its not such a stereotype but rather the truth. you cant honestly tell me that after eating one your cakes you want to take a brisk run round the block - if so your in denial my friend.

RUBen1off
07-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Bradstar.....check your PM. I don't want to get this long debate in the cooking forum.

simple_ben
07-22-2004, 07:01 AM
i am inpressed with the sucess of this forum, i started it thinking no1 would reply but i have been suprised.
anyway i am going to reading festival in the uk at the end of next mounth and just wondering how much weed should i take with me? i am thinking about taking half and oz, would this be enough as i will b away 4 home for 6 days in total?! any thorts?

im_country_mike
07-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Woohoo! Im goin to reading too! Me and my sister are planning to take an Ounce with us as last year a Quarter was not enough! Half an ounce could be a good amount to take simply depending on if you wanna smoke it constantly or not, you don't wanna be to monged!

like2_drink
07-27-2004, 12:14 AM
-befor i say we should keep this thread on weed products-

whats this about lazy stoners not beeing real?..
you dont pass out with only your head on the couch and the basement stinking of weed when suddenly your mom walks threw the door and asks why your laying in that weird way, and answer " to sleepy to get my whole body on the couch "

now dont you think i should have gotten up and peeled for the up-stairs door to get outside as quick as i could - instead of falling back asleep lol

anyways

we should keep this thread on weed products

Ootoko
07-29-2004, 01:15 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20040727/capt.sge.qmi60.270704171032.photo00.default-272x367.jpg
A man shows a marijuana leaf. A state-run primary school in the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh resorted to stirring spirits and marijuana into the school lunch to keep meals tasty(AFP/File/Oka Budhi)

I want to go to that school!

euphrates
07-30-2004, 02:15 AM
yeah, like dirt LOL

I don't mean that in a bad way though. If you garden or keep indoor plants you might know what I mean - that smell when you open a fresh bag of soil. Clean, rich, earthy.

hahahahah, like a barn yard. mmmm...
i know people that put it on their toast.

better make me some brownies. fudge.
mask the feeling of eating cow food.

i hallucinate. this is my fave way to ingest.
(always the butter (ghee) if not butter, bust)

Audielicious
07-30-2004, 01:09 PM
If you have a basic recipe for Snickerdoodles, which are sugar cookies rolled in cinnamon and sugar, you can substitute the butter with ghee. :cool:

simple_ben
07-31-2004, 07:13 AM
this message board has turned from a cannibis cooking board to a bit of a allround stoner board.so on a diffrent topic do all people that smoke dope like the film pulp fiction?because i love it.

peace out

ms.peachy
07-31-2004, 01:44 PM
this message board has turned from a cannibis cooking board to a bit of a allround stoner board.so on a diffrent topic do all people that smoke dope like the film pulp fiction?because i love it.

peace out

Ummm...no, this board is still pretty much about cooking.

This thread might be somewhat of a stoner scene, but it's still also mainly about cooking.

Please do try to pay a bit closer attention between bong hits.

simple_ben
08-01-2004, 11:59 AM
yeah ur right iv bin hitting it a bit to much latley

KilgoreTrout
08-01-2004, 11:10 PM
:D i like to make chicken and dumplings with cannibis infused ghee. just let the infused ghee solidify and use it in place of the butter in the dumpling recipe.

simple to make.

bread flour
buttermilk
kosher salt
white pepper
THC ghee (solidified)

mix. knead. roll out. cut into squares or roll into doughballs. add to chicken, veggies, and stock. cook until dumplins are not doughy in the center.

enjoy.

FreeNFLD
10-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Ok, I have been cooking with pot in my pots for years, I have lived in Vancouver and been to all major pot locals in the world.. We have good stuff out in BC..

But to cook with pot is easy, find a cookie recipe... then follow it... while putting dope in it.. I perfer to cook with fresh pot (moisture helps) and add an 1/8th to a 1/4 to a batch of 2 dozen cookie is right on. You odn't need to smoke nothin after a few (4-5)cookies.. now it does take 45 mins to kick in.. but be patient.

you can run it through your bud buster, and melt some butter about 1/2 a cup.. and through at least an 1/4 in and let the simmer.. not fry.. (save that for latter) but the THC will be absorbed in the butter/margerine. If you do this.. don't add extra pot straight up... and U can use the butter for anything. It actually looks really cool.. with herbs in it..

My girlfriend uses a bottle of olive oil, which she adds various flavours to. If you drop 4-5 garlic cloves to a bottle of olive oil it will absorb the taste.. I tried with dropping a few buds in to a coke bottle filled with olive oil and used it.. .. seemed to work.

I have added pot straight up to cake mixies, and this also works..

when I was in the DAM they used it everything.. but mostly hash... I find when using hash you have to really mix it well... or most of the cookies will have nothing.. then bang you will eat one.. and get a head spin and have to lie down.

But I made milkshakes... mmmmm but a gram in... and pancakes... these are so good.. about a nickle per cake... very good...

Be creative..

I have Martha's cookie book, and I just add pot to any of her recipies..

However I read a posting earlier.. and they said that it can get pricy.. that person was right.. when I lived on the east cost.. I couldn't use pot like this.. but on the west cost the stuff is like free.. so I use it in all my baked goods... mmmm baked.

like2_drink
10-01-2004, 10:03 PM
when I lived on the east cost.. I couldn't use pot like this.. but on the west cost the stuff is like free.. so I use it in all my baked goods... mmmm baked.

how much a joint?

FreeNFLD
10-04-2004, 09:59 AM
A joint.. Shit.. do people buy it in joints? It is less then 10 bucks a gram.. actually cheeper.. 150 an oz... if you don't know the guy.. it's BC.. it is everywhere...

mmmm and so potent...

Whois
10-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Ok, I have been cooking with pot in my pots for years, I have lived in Vancouver and been to all major pot locals in the world.. We have good stuff out in BC..

But to cook with pot is easy, find a cookie recipe... then follow it... while putting dope in it.. I perfer to cook with fresh pot (moisture helps) and add an 1/8th to a 1/4 to a batch of 2 dozen cookie is right on. You odn't need to smoke nothin after a few (4-5)cookies.. now it does take 45 mins to kick in.. but be patient.

you can run it through your bud buster, and melt some butter about 1/2 a cup.. and through at least an 1/4 in and let the simmer.. not fry.. (save that for latter) but the THC will be absorbed in the butter/margerine. If you do this.. don't add extra pot straight up... and U can use the butter for anything. It actually looks really cool.. with herbs in it..

My girlfriend uses a bottle of olive oil, which she adds various flavours to. If you drop 4-5 garlic cloves to a bottle of olive oil it will absorb the taste.. I tried with dropping a few buds in to a coke bottle filled with olive oil and used it.. .. seemed to work.

I have added pot straight up to cake mixies, and this also works..

when I was in the DAM they used it everything.. but mostly hash... I find when using hash you have to really mix it well... or most of the cookies will have nothing.. then bang you will eat one.. and get a head spin and have to lie down.

But I made milkshakes... mmmmm but a gram in... and pancakes... these are so good.. about a nickle per cake... very good...

Be creative..

I have Martha's cookie book, and I just add pot to any of her recipies..

However I read a posting earlier.. and they said that it can get pricy.. that person was right.. when I lived on the east cost.. I couldn't use pot like this.. but on the west cost the stuff is like free.. so I use it in all my baked goods... mmmm baked.

Make sure your pot is properly cured (dried), that means all the THC acid has decarboxilated and is active THC.

like2_drink
10-04-2004, 03:48 PM
A joint.. Shit.. do people buy it in joints? It is less then 10 bucks a gram.. actually cheeper.. 150 an oz... if you don't know the guy.. it's BC.. it is everywhere...

mmmm and so potent...

most ppl like there shit rolled first lol. well the most part ppl do.