PDA

View Full Version : Dinner last night

HEIRESS
07-11-2004, 04:33 PM
I made tha following:

baked salmon wif fresh dill, parsley and lemon

oven roasted yellow gold baby potatoes, beets, carrots, turnips and whole garlic cloves seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, onion and rosemary

salad containing little organic bean sprouts, red cabbage, red onion and radishes with an apple cider vinagrette

and we washed it down with a nice expensive white meritage wine

paul jones
07-11-2004, 05:14 PM
I made tha following:

baked salmon wif fresh dill, parsley and lemon

oven roasted yellow gold baby potatoes, beets, carrots, turnips and whole garlic cloves seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, onion and rosemary

salad containing little organic bean sprouts, red cabbage, red onion and radishes with an apple cider vinagrette

and we washed it down with a nice expensive white meritage wine
NOW THAT'S FOOD!!!!!!!!!!

I really wish everyone would ditch FAST FOOD for good when I read things like this!

paulk
07-11-2004, 11:51 PM
I can't understand what so many people see in salmon. I eat all other kinds of fish and seafood, but salmon's texture, taste, smell, the sickly color, it all makes me puke.

ms.peachy
07-12-2004, 04:58 AM
I can't understand what so many people see in salmon. I eat all other kinds of fish and seafood, but salmon's texture, taste, smell, the sickly color, it all makes me puke.

oh my goodness.

Good salmon is wonderful.

However, it is often overfarmed, and fed chemicals to make it that bright orangey colour. Salmon is naturally a very pale pinkish-orange.

Depending on where you live, I'm sure high quality can be harder to get in some places than others. Fortunately here in the UK it is relatively easy to go to a good fishmonger or higher-end supermarket and get line-caught wild or organically farmed salmon form off the coasts of Ireland and Scotland. Unbelievably good stuff.

Fish and meats are just simply one of those things where you get what you pay for, really. You can get good deal on things that need to be sold off quickly (as fresh stuff does), but by and large if you buy cheap, you'll get inferior quality.

Sounds like it was a wonderful dinner, heiress!

jabumbo
07-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Sounds almost as delicious as you look.
(y)

the salad sounds very tasty...

did you make the dressing for it yourself? if so, can you share the recipie for that?