PDA

View Full Version : religion vs. politics

little j
07-12-2004, 09:36 AM
is it possible to maybe have a separate forum for religious posts and things. the political forum is getting muddled with threads like this one (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=23552)
just a suggestion.

thanks

deita
07-12-2004, 10:37 AM
I agree! Everytime I go into a discussion "political", gmsisko1 turns it into a church sermon. If I wanted a religious sermon I'd be in church, not in the beastie message board :)

Daisy
07-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Well the thing is, politics and religion really don't mix so unless it's the political candidates view on abortion or your are talking about stem cell research or something else that is POLITICALLY minded then I think it can stay.

That post specifically should be closed and I it will be. Just send me a PM if he does it again or there is something we need to see there. I try and check it regularly but I have been out of town.

Thanks!

little j
07-12-2004, 12:35 PM
thanks so much daisy!
you rock my socks.

ChrisLove
07-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Personally, I am happy to talk religion, I would welcome a separate area of the forum but in the mean time I can't think of a more appropriate place for that kiind of thing than the political forum.

Basically I dont think religious thread in the political forum should be closed if there is nowhere else for them to go.

just my 2 pennys

Daisy
07-12-2004, 12:55 PM
How about here? (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=3)

I can re-open and move them.

Daisy
07-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Your sheer and utter hotness easily makes up for your minor grammar and spelling mistakes. Welcome back sexy! How was Vegas?

Well, I can't quit my day job. The should rename those "Wheel of Fortune" slots "Wheel of MISfortune". :( BUT, I was channeling that whole girly thing with the massage and facial. Damn, I wish I was rich so I could do that on a regular basis!

I had fun. Drank a lot of champagne at a cool new place in Mandalay Bay - 55 degrees. I'm getting old for all the club stuff though. Too many Frat Boys looking to score. Ick.

Looks like it's the same old same old here. ;) I'll talk to you later on Rev. :cool:

ChrisLove
07-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Actually I think your suggestion of an alternative message board was probably the best option. Beastie - Free might not be the best place to post about serious topics like religious issues, unless its 'post here and be assigned your own commandment' or something. Beliefnet sounds fine to me.

Daisy
07-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Me too ChrisLove but I don't necessarily want to turn away someone from the boards, but this person doesn't seem too interested in the Beasties and wants someplace to preach his beliefs. I don't care either way, as long as they don't spam the shit out of the board.

Minton and tpk can decide if they want another forum but I think the board has enough already. Aint my decision to make - SO in the mean time...this will do.

angel_gurl
07-16-2004, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE= We got a president we didn't ELECT!!!!

spOOny G
07-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Man O man Billy G wouldn't know the truth if it bit his fat, rich, white, homophobic, hyper hypocritical ass off and used it as a table to serve it on up to him!
Wow its amazing how that ancient lame story of a snake in a garden telling people to eat the one thing PUT in said environment (for what reason?) that the BIG GUY said not to eat or you gonna die, can still inspire stories to help control the masses, inflict judgement on others, and help separate the rubes from their money every Sunday.

For one thing Satan is actually the GOODGUY in that particular fairy tale, if it weren't for him the human race would be a bunch of ignorant animals running naked through the garden and would never have developed any culture or higher reasoning, and never ever mind the idea that our society is white male dominated because women are at fault for listening to the talking snake (sic) and should be submissive and subservient from here on out just as God intended seeing as how they were made only as an after thought to Adam's boredom anyway.

For another thing http://www.counterpunch.org/alexgraham.html
don't belive? Check the facts nexislexis yo.

Beasti's have always preached a unity message but if you are into separating the sinners from the saved and the rightious from the HIP, you might want to bounce out 'cause it aint keepin'on point with their message too much.

And lastly if you keep letting the state be overrun by the church or any religious organization then you are no better then the Tali ban.

Be a Global citizen not just another Secular Nationalist and you will find the WORLD has been waiting for you.

deita
07-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Thank you I suppose that is the point I was trying to make. Perhaps I got pissed off at times bad me. It really is a small planet.

minton
07-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Minton and tpk can decide if they want another forum but I think the board has enough already. Aint my decision to make - SO in the mean time...this will do.

I think there are enough already, too. There's a forum catering for each type of discussion here as is.

spOOny G
07-18-2004, 05:51 AM
Ahem.. yo um, my previous post was sort of directed at a post that aint in this thread now so now I kinda look like the crazy whack assed preacher man! :cool: thanks a heap yus Admin guys!

spOOny G
07-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Oops my bad admin dudes, it was a link on the first post.
I'll have to quit "bowling" before I go mBoarding.

Siti
07-24-2004, 12:48 AM
daisy....u should ban gmsisko then.right?