PDA

View Full Version : Student food!

phazerkid
07-14-2004, 04:05 AM
I'm sure there are alot of you here who are studying and eat on a budget...so here is a dinner which you can cook when there isn't much food around the house......

Boil a few potatoes and then mash them. line a baking dish with the mashed potato. find whatever vegies you have around...tomatoes, spinach, onion, broccoli...whatever and slice em up and put it on top of the mashed potato (some veggies might need to be boiled first). if you have any meat, slice that up and put some on top of the veggies (i use fake bacon...its a vegetarian alternative to meat). crack a few eggs in to a bowl and mix them up a bit. pour the egg on top of the veggies, grate some cheese and sprinkle over the egg and then put it in the oven. add herbs if you like. bake until it looks nice and cooked (if its brown its cooked if its black its fooked!)

there ya go (^_^)

noddingdino
07-14-2004, 04:18 AM
sounds sooper ;)

ms.peachy
07-14-2004, 06:43 AM
yum, sounds good phazer!

I'm not a student nor particularly on a budget, but it sounds like a good make-ahead lunch (or even breakfast) idea to me. Cook it, let it cool completely, then cut it into quarters or sixths or whatever, and wrap each section individually. Then you've got a "grab 'n go" item in the fridge, handy for on-the-go types.

ScarySquirrel
07-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Or just eat the dirt cheap campus food. It's probably as edible as that stuff.

jabumbo
07-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Dirt cheap campus food? All I see is overpriced sandwiches in sweaty plastic packaging :(

you got it man

when i saw the thread, i thought someone was going to comment/ask about campus eateries or something...becuase they usually suck for the most part and give you a carbo overload

your idea is almost like when my mom makes quish (spelling? sounds like 'kweesh') se makes some rice, adds a little egg to in and pounds out a crust, tosses in some broccoli, peas, tuna, and chopped up carrots. topps it off with chredded cheese, and a little egg wipe on top to seal it off. tahts tasty stuff there.

ils
07-21-2004, 06:25 PM
I dont find problems getting main meals done, its an absence of the filling snackfood (supposedly healthy). The best recipe I have is a lot of canned goodies, like the old favourite spaghetti, baked beans (watch those farts), and various fruit stuffs.

brooklyn_bred
07-27-2004, 03:27 AM
man fuck all the complicated shit, just buy a few microwaveable burgers and tv dinners and nuke dat shit ya heard'

jabumbo
07-27-2004, 08:37 AM
man fuck all the complicated shit, just buy a few microwaveable burgers and tv dinners and nuke dat shit ya heard'

tv dinners are shit....and i need at least 2 of them to make my stomach not grumble at me anymore...

and any meat that goes into the microwave for its main heating is just wrong...if you want a burger, at least fry it in a pan...

romanpetr
07-27-2004, 10:41 AM
(y) For student: Bottle of beer and chocolate - Snickers!