PDA

View Full Version : Sure Shot (Old School Fuel Remix)

Brother McDuff
07-15-2004, 07:38 PM
(!) Attention DJs (!)

I'm looking for a turntablist to do some cutting over this mix. I made the beat as old school as possible without being overtly boring, but what I really wanted to do was have one of y'all throw down some scratches. Some of you may think that it's a bit bare, given that it's simply the drum track, but keep in mind that there will soon be some scratching to spice it up. Plus, in keeping with the old school theme, I didn't want to clutter the mix up. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out here. Furthermore, if any of you have any ideas other than scratching feel free to give it a go, I think a collab would be sweet. You can download it at will, and let me know if you plan on takin' a crack at it. Thanx.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/cjhoodandbrothermcduffmusic.htm

MarkedCube
07-15-2004, 09:14 PM
It does sound old school, in fact it kind of reminds me of the Beastie Track "Paul Revere." Some scratching would be a nice addition, another nice addition would be if you add another loop or sample to the chorus to make it stand out from the rest. Sort of like "Hold it Now, Hit it." Its a great start though, I'll look foward to the final version.

Brother McDuff
07-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Please, please, not everyone all at once. One at a time... :confused:

landos_dad
07-19-2004, 01:41 AM
Sorry I'm no turntablist.
What you got there is a nice minimalistic style beat which has lots of room for scratching or a nice sub bass and melodics. I personally would get right onto the latter.... hope you find your scratcher soon.
Sounding nice.

Brother McDuff
07-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Thank you to Cube and Landos for recognizing the potential of the beat I was shooting for. It means a lot coming from y'all, considering Cube's good taste and Landos' remarkable remixes.

pig_pen
07-31-2004, 10:36 PM
yo, i could defenitly fill in the blanks to this mix with my decks... I've been lookin forward to some exposure... Any samples you have in mind that you want to be Cut up in the song? Ill post it up when it's finished