PDA

View Full Version : Shake Your Rump (Watchtower 2004 Mix)

The Wedge
07-19-2004, 08:13 PM
I write a lot of house music and I use Watchtower for my producer name. Might as well use it for this, also. Anyway, I worked on this for about a week. I'm kinda sick of it now so I'm just going to let you guys hear it. I can work on it forever so I figured I'd stop now and move onto something else. Almost everything on it is from a sample of something. I used some stock samples, like crashes and basic stuff like that but for the most part it's loops and samples I made from a lot of different stuff. If you can trainspot any samples let me know.

I'd describe it as funky beastie tech house hah. who knows, I dig it. I don't think the mix is the best. I kind of made a shitty overdriven mix in case someone wants to steal it and sell it like I saw someone post about in another thread. I stayed true to the vocal track. I worked around it so the basic structure of the track is intact. I guess this is my entry into the competition. Let me know what you think.

http://sicktracks.com/mp3/Beastie_Boys_-_Shake_Your_Rump_(Watchtower_2004_Mix).mp3

MarkedCube
07-19-2004, 08:25 PM
I guess this is my entry into the competition.

Sorry to say this, but the contest ended on the 15th :(

The Wedge
07-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Sorry to say this, but the contest ended on the 15th :(
hah that's ok, who won?

MarkedCube
07-19-2004, 08:33 PM
hah that's ok, who won?

They're going to announce it mid-august.

The Wedge
07-19-2004, 08:34 PM
They're going to announce it mid-august.
they should allow a late entry (y)

MarkedCube
07-19-2004, 09:16 PM
It ain't bad, it sounds like its from the funky 70s and something John Travolta will dance to. The one thing I would change is the final verse, you got the beat building up before it and then it would be great to end it with a groovy finale. But other then that, its pretty good. (y)

MarkedCube
07-19-2004, 09:17 PM
(how come it got posted twice?)^

The Wedge
07-19-2004, 09:24 PM
It ain't bad, it sounds like its from the funky 70s and something John Travolta will dance to. The one thing I would change is the final verse, you got the beat building up before it and then it would be great to end it with a groovy finale. But other then that, its pretty good. (y)
maybe, the buildup was just a break then I brought it back around

Fake Mike
07-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Yo I dig it........
I Like dat second part after the Shake yo Rumpa.....
Sounds Like Pac Man eatin them pellets...............ya know....
Over all (y)
yo gotta Hit the Sac......Ruff day tomarrow.......

Over and Out.....Good work amigo......

landos_dad
07-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Nice Wedge. Maybe bring the main loop (funky string plucks) in and out more at key moments i.e. end lyrics on in verse etc to give it more variation.
(y)

Brik@Brak
07-20-2004, 08:22 AM
funny! good idea to use the DEVO bass line

The Wedge
07-20-2004, 01:48 PM
funny! good idea to use the DEVO bass line
(y)
off the top of my head the samples came from:

devo
the clash
james gang
isley bros
le chic
chic
commodores
vince carter
kool & the gang
hendrix

The Wedge
07-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Nice Wedge. Maybe bring the main loop (funky string plucks) in and out more at key moments i.e. end lyrics on in verse etc to give it more variation.
(y)
yeah I could do that. I know I could work on it forever and ever but sometimes you just gotta put it away!

The Wedge
07-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Yo I dig it........
I Like dat second part after the Shake yo Rumpa.....
Sounds Like Pac Man eatin them pellets...............ya know....
Over all (y)
yo gotta Hit the Sac......Ruff day tomarrow.......

Over and Out.....Good work amigo......
I thought the same thing about the pacman thing. kinda funny since I'm a freak about pac-man. I play it on my cell at work like 20 times a day. as a kid that's all I played.

Brother McDuff
07-20-2004, 06:38 PM
That was excellent, my man. Nice and clean sounding, at least on the "home-sampling" tip. Good work. I would consider boosting the lyrics a bit. They get kind of lost at times, but very well done.

The Wedge
07-20-2004, 06:45 PM
That was excellent, my man. Nice and clean sounding, at least on the "home-sampling" tip. Good work. I would consider boosting the lyrics a bit. They get kind of lost at times, but very well done.
thanks, the mix I had before this one had the vocals louder. I don't know maybe it's my mackies. This weekend I'm gonna make a final mix and "master" THEN I'M DONE.

romanpetr
07-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Yeah,that's great funky music! (y)

b-grrrlie
07-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Funk-EEEE!!!

Excellent work, Wedge!