PDA

View Full Version : tofu

pia
07-22-2004, 04:31 AM
a few garlic gloves, some spring onion (one for four people), cashew nuts (a handful), curry powder, sweet chili sauce, black pepper, soya sauce -into a frying pan for five minutes
add in 500g of tofu (chopped), some 200g of spinach and let it simmer for five minutes.
then add a little sherry, 200ml of coconut milk, a little water and cook for a couple of minutes.
serve with basmati rice.

phazerkid
07-22-2004, 06:19 AM
ohh nice one pia (^_^) sounds pretty tasty!
its nice to find new variations on tofu, its pretty bland by itself *shudders*
i have a tofu cheesecake recipe...ill see if i can find it for you! it looks grey but tastes awesome

pia
07-22-2004, 06:30 AM
cheers!

ms.peachy
07-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Lovely, pia!

I'll be making a tofu stir fry this evening, what a coincidence!

Not quite this one though - I've got some carrots, some broccoli, some snow peas and some green and red pepper that need to be used up so mine will be a spicy veggie tofu stir fry I think! And I think we will have it with noodles, if I have any noodles in the cupboard.

jabumbo
07-22-2004, 09:06 AM
tofu is bland and jiggly (n)

i will eat it only if its cut up small and friend with lots of other stuff (like a stir fry).

i prefer shredded pork with my stir fry when i can get it...its heaven!

ms.peachy
07-22-2004, 09:34 AM
tofu is bland and jiggly (n)

Well duh, jabs. It absorbs the flavour of what it's cooked with, it's not meant to have it's own distinct flavour.

phazer your cheesecake recipe isn't by chance a tofu-banana cheesecake with pecans, is it? Cuz I have had that before and it is YUMMMMMM. I'd love to be able to know how to make it!

cosmo105
07-22-2004, 10:49 AM
i made an awesome silken tofu chocolate cream pie. i use mori-nu tofu and then mori-nu "tofu mates" in chocolate pudding flavor. the vanilla is kind of boring unless you add banana.

i love scrambled tofu. take extra firm, then mash it up, then add spices (especially turmeric). it's much easier with Fantastic Foods' Tofu Scramble seasoning packet.

i actually kinda like raw firm tofu, especially in a salad.

jabumbo
07-22-2004, 11:10 AM
i actually kinda like raw firm tofu, especially in a salad.

i should have known you'd be a nut

cosmo105
07-23-2004, 12:54 AM
pttsss. don't knock it 'till you've rocked it.

pia
07-23-2004, 12:58 AM
raw tofu is really good. try it with soy sauce, some fish flakes and spring onion. (maybe i´ve been too long in japan..)

phazerkid
07-23-2004, 05:55 AM
phazer your cheesecake recipe isn't by chance a tofu-banana cheesecake with pecans, is it? Cuz I have had that before and it is YUMMMMMM. I'd love to be able to know how to make it!

ooh!! yes its tofu and banana cheesecake!! (im not sure why im so excited....i guess cos im not friends with 'tofu people' hehe)
i promise i will type it up, how good is it (^_^)

jabumbo
07-23-2004, 09:34 AM
pttsss. don't knock it 'till you've rocked it.

i have eaten tofu before....and i dont really care for it all that much...

and im not knockin the food... :cool:

paulk
07-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Ma po or ma bo tofu is great fun. Cubed tofu, ground turkey (or chicken or pork), and some finely chopped onions in spicy bean sauce. I ate some leftover this morning for breakfast with a piece of wheat toast. Great stuff man.

NarcolepticFish
07-29-2004, 01:30 AM
tofu is allright
i've had it
its not something i see my self eating on a daily basis but i find my self eating a small peice every once and a while from work

Helen_22
08-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Sounds really good! I love tofu (anyone even slightly Asian must love it), so i'll try this one for sure!