PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor Chow

rorschach
07-23-2004, 06:15 AM
So here I am, living alone & definitely not eating proper food. Too much junk & fast food. And I don't really cook...

So the question is, whether you good people can supply me with recipes.
Bonus point for anything that's
- easy to make
- doesn't require too much cooking skills
- not too expensive
- kinda healthy
- not turning my kitchen into a disaster area

Any ideas?
:confused:

then_is
07-23-2004, 07:04 AM
make an omelette...cheap,easy and tasty:)

rorschach
07-23-2004, 07:06 AM
make an omelette...cheap,easy and tasty:)

Well, I got that far... ;)

then_is
07-23-2004, 07:13 AM
sandwich..?

then_is
07-23-2004, 07:16 AM
or make a sandwich with omelette ;)

jabumbo
07-23-2004, 09:42 AM
cabbage and noodles is my favorite meal...

CrankItUp!
07-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Banquet Pot Pies ( it works for me dude ! )

jabumbo
07-25-2004, 12:01 PM
You could be the ultimate bachelor and just grill your food on an outdoor grill.

thats what firemen do...all the time...

blue ekko
07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
ok a few questions on this... are you a meat eater,vegetarian,or vegan?do you want ideas for bigger things that you can freeze and have some for a nother day(that helps save $ and time) let me know and i will see how i can help,i love to cook and have been maken vegetarian/vegan meals for many years.

rorschach
07-26-2004, 03:56 AM
I use my wok all the time...with olive oil and whatever veggies you like and chicken/beef or whatever...cooks all at once, you have 1 pan to clean, and it tastes sooooooo good

Yup, wok, i thought about getting one... all the girls I know just throw stuff into theirs - and out comes a proper meal! It's fa-fa-fantastic!
(y)

jabumbo
07-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Yup, wok, i thought about getting one... all the girls I know just throw stuff into theirs - and out comes a proper meal! It's fa-fa-fantastic!
(y)

i just picked up a couple pans and stuff for about $2 at a flea market, and i think they will suit my needs just wonderfully...

a wok is a great thing to have...and you dont really ever have to wash it...because it gets better with use

rorschach
07-26-2004, 10:24 AM
a wok is a great thing to have...and you dont really ever have to wash it...because it gets better with use

that's what I heard. The clean freak in me is worried a bit, still...
:o

little j
07-26-2004, 10:24 AM
george forman grill

jabumbo
07-26-2004, 12:53 PM
that's what I heard. The clean freak in me is worried a bit, still...
:o

if you want, you can wipe it down, but dont give it a scrubbin...my mom's wok is evidene that it does get better with use because some of the stuff she makes now a days is just soooo tasty

jabumbo
07-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Boil up some perogie. Fry up some chopped onion with butter or margarine. Serve over perogie. Delicious!

i like you more and more every day!

if you fry up the perogies in the butter and onions...thats tops...

sourkraut ones are my personal favorites...but you cant go wrong with potato...

any other kind is stretching it a little bit

KilgoreTrout
07-26-2004, 07:49 PM
(y) easy to make? yup. cheap? depends. good? hell yeah. grits with extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese mixed in and served with fried mullet and hushpuppies.

damn!

jabumbo
07-27-2004, 08:33 AM
hushpuppies (y)

grits (n)

rorschach
07-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Boil up some perogie. Fry up some chopped onion with butter or margarine. Serve over perogie. Delicious!

perogie? :confused:

paulk
07-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Even more luscious to serve over pierogi is sauteed onions, mushrooms, and bacon. Top it all with sour cream, or just add some sour cream and milk or cream to the onion mixture just before it's done. Lithuanians do this.

Sooo luscious.

jabumbo
07-27-2004, 08:49 PM
perogie? :confused:

mrs. T's makes them

they are dough, filled with some sort of stuffing (potato, saurkraut, cheese...)

come from an eastern european decent...they are really good...if you find them in the supermarket, get the potato ones first, they are the best to start out with...